Marmite, love it or hate it?

paddy

Marmite, love it or hate it?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Marmite, love it or hate it?

• Love it
    • Hate it
    • It's alright

love it always have done i remember when me mom n dad used to go out on the piss on a friday night and ship me and me sister off to me nans and we would sit down with a cup of tea marmite on toast whilst watching red dwarf...happy days

go through about a tub every week i do, mite do meself a nice big pint of tea and a few slices of marmite on toast actually

Love. It.

In fact, I might go and make a cup of hot marmite now. I always have Bovril at VP when it's cold, but it always tastes nasty when I make it at home.

LOL. This!

Love it. Fantastic on toast, use it in my gravy too. When I was little I used to put a spoon in the jar and eat it neat - coudn't do that now though

Am I right in thinking marmite is suitable to vegetarians and vegemite isn't? I know that was the case in NZ, which is a bit ridiculous.

what is the difference between marmite, bovril and vegemite?

Marmite is yeast extract and suitable for veggies

Bovril is beef extract

Vegemite is a squinty version of Marmite ;-)

I can't believe the amount of people who eat it with toast and cheese.

Sounds absolutely vile.

I use it to flavor plain porridge or tasteless soups.

It's quite delicious that way.

But spreading it on bread with cheese? Sounds awful imo.

I'm with you on that.....with cheese on toast the only way to go is Worcester sauce, or just make Welsh rarebit.

I don't dislike Marmite but I don't like it enough to buy it either. I view it in the same way as I view dope, if someone offers it to me and it costs nothing then I'll give it a go, but I wouldn't have it in the house ordinarily.

Used to drink Bovril all the time when I was a kid though, every Saturday night at Cradley speedway, those were the days....

Â