• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

Haven't read a match thread for about a year as they are normally filed with complete and utter drivel, but sounds like I missed a good one this time around!

You should read. I did when I came in last night, it's a cracker. However I can't blame some after the drivel witnessed in the first half.

Certainly looks liek a cracker, just had a quick read. The knee jerk reactions are usually funny but some of those are hilarious. Understandable though given the first half yesterday.

(Note: Everyone in the match thread is entitled to their opinion regardless of how hilarious I find them...just incase someone gets on their high horse)

Exactly. Ran down the clock well. Calm, composed on the ball, 0 mistakes!

sadly that's not true ... he nearly set them up when he managed to pass the ball straight to a reading player from the edge of our box

his confidence is so low to he point it's not even worth putting him on the bench

Heskey was a bit naff wasn't he..

No not in the second half.

Apart from one run which he created himself to get one on one and then err miss, he still spent the majority of the second half giving them the ball straight back!

He worked tirelessly in the second half and won the ball back for us. Not really a goal threat but we had JC for that.

Poor first half.

Better second, but were helped by Reading's belief they had us beat rather than brilliant play.

Downing better be unreal next season once he's had this miraculous 'pre-season' that will suddenly make him a world beater. Good cross for second but nothing all game.

Heskey's effort on goal :lol: Premier League striker :lol:

Was towards the back with the Reading fans to my right, row aa. Some little shit infront was trying to instigate some post match violence.

I always wonder if I'm sat near a VT'er but there's no easy way of knowing.

I was sat near you then. Row X, bout 10-20 seats to the left of the Reading fans.

Was that the guy who was singing on his own before the game by any chance? Some of his chants were funny, 'whose that making Barry look sh*t it's Jimmy Milner, it's Jimmy Milner!' to the tune of Monster, what's that coming over the hill. And the one about James Collins having a head like a strawberry :lol:

I know, thank god we have fans like you, whilst the rest of us have our own opinions right or wrong; your still consistent by just having MON's.

Once again jez you are completely wrong. Against burnley i wanted downing off and then he went and scored 2 goals. Against reading i wanted downing off again and heskey to come off and then we go and score 4 goals in a half.

Yet your once again getting worked up with people not happy with certain things of the performance before, during and after the game.

However, you've just admitted you've done the same.

So whats the difference?

Because I and i'm sure the majority of villa fans who are quite sane don't think MON is a clueless idiot because he doesn't always think the same as us.

There are too many people on this site who react like a spoilt 9 year old girl who didn't get their own way for the first time ever if MON plays players or formations that they don't agree with.

Sometimes MON picks players i don't think should be playing but i'm not deluded enough to believe that that makes him wrong and an idiot. I might not agree with every decision he makes but he has done more than enough since he has been in charge for me to have faith in him getting it right more often than not.

Does anyone have any links to highlights/goals that actually work? All I've been able to see so far is Carew's penalty.

ITV website has them up on the match report

MON seriously needs to rethink playing Cuellar at RB

Have to say I agree. Play Luke Young at RB and Ceullar at CB with Dunne.

Best players in best positions please!

As for the game - wow - what a turn around. Always felt that a replay was on the cards if we could get an early goal - but to come out and blitz them like we did just goes to show how well we can perform when we need to! Carew and Heskey were so much hungrier in the second half- yesterday I saw the old Carew, the guy that tore into blues when we spanked them 5-1. When he's up for it, he's a different animal and can destroy defences.

Great atmosphere all game by the villa fans - non-stop singing and we all went wild for each and every goal. You just got the feeling when Ashley Young got our first goal yesterday that something special could be on the cards....and indeed it was.

Bring on Chelsea!!

Was towards the back with the Reading fans to my right, row aa. Some little shit infront was trying to instigate some post match violence.

I always wonder if I'm sat near a VT'er but there's no easy way of knowing.

I was sat near you then. Row X, bout 10-20 seats to the left of the Reading fans.

Was that the guy who was singing on his own before the game by any chance? Some of his chants were funny, 'whose that making Barry look sh*t it's Jimmy Milner, it's Jimmy Milner!' to the tune of Monster, what's that coming over the hill. And the one about James Collins having a head like a strawberry :lol:

I was sat next to both of you too. I was row X seat 22.

I heard 3 lads singing together but didn't really notice what they were singing to be honest.

didn't see the lad trying to start any trouble either but did see a massive brawl between two people just below us to the right in the Reading fans which police stopped. My guess is it was a Villa fan in there.

Does anyone have any links to highlights/goals that actually work? All I've been able to see so far is Carew's penalty.

ITV website has them up on the match report

Unfortunately I can't watch that because it's not available outside the UK.

Thanks anyway.

I know, thank god we have fans like you, whilst the rest of us have our own opinions right or wrong; your still consistent by just having MON's.

Once again jez you are completely wrong. Against burnley i wanted downing off and then he went and scored 2 goals. Against reading i wanted downing off again and heskey to come off and then we go and score 4 goals in a half.

Yet your once again getting worked up with people not happy with certain things of the performance before, during and after the game.

However, you've just admitted you've done the same.

So whats the difference?

Because I and i'm sure the majority of villa fans who are quite sane don't think MON is a clueless idiot because he doesn't always think the same as us.

There are too many people on this site who react like a spoilt 9 year old girl who didn't get their own way for the first time ever if MON plays players or formations that they don't agree with.

Sometimes MON picks players i don't think should be playing but i'm not deluded enough to believe that that makes him wrong and an idiot. I might not agree with every decision he makes but he has done more than enough since he has been in charge for me to have faith in him getting it right more often than not.

So sometimes you actually agree with these deluded insane people that think certain players should be picked ahead of others? Yet you never seem to say so, not from what i've seen, which is a bit odd.

Your first on pointing out how wrong everyone is and how deluded they all are, not agreeing and wanting other players to play, very strange.

How about when a fan see's their side play absolute tosh they dont have they greatest of restraint that you obviously have and let that frustration out in over the top ways. Are they wrong for doing that, or should we all have the perfect response that you clearly have BJ?

Should we all just wait till the end of the season, have no discussion about RB's and strikers, because lets be honest none of us have a clue about how the season is going to end, then again it would be very boring, especially if we all had the same obviously correct opinion as yourself.

Crap first half, unbelievable twenty minutes in the second, then nearly let them back in due to Donkey missing the one on one. Would never play again for me

Our lack of firepower almost cost us again.

Our lack of firepower almost cost us again.

That remark does seem odd given we won 4-2, following on from results in earlier rounds of of 3-1, 2-2, 3-1 and 3-2. So an average of 3 goals per game.

I hadn't really thought of lack of firepower as being our main problem in this competition, or indeed in the League Cup.

Why's Sidwell not an option on the MOTM vote?

Exactly. Ran down the clock well. Calm, composed on the ball, 0 mistakes! Didn't have a dodgy first 45!

Actually, he gave the ball away with his first pass...

Why's Sidwell not an option on the MOTM vote?

Exactly. Ran down the clock well. Calm, composed on the ball, 0 mistakes! Didn't have a dodgy first 45!

Actually, he gave the ball away with his first pass...

Correct. Amusingly he did one thing, and he did it badly.

So sometimes you actually agree with these deluded insane people that think certain players should be picked ahead of others?

You're really not getting it are you jez? It's not deluded to have these opinions, it's deluded to believe a premiership manager like MON is a complete fool and useless because he doesn't think the same way as you do.

Your first on pointing out how wrong everyone is and how deluded they all are, not agreeing and wanting other players to play, very strange.

Is it? I think it's more strange to just constantly slag off the manager and players of the club you support.

How about when a fan see's their side play absolute tosh they dont have they greatest of restraint that you obviously have and let that frustration out in over the top ways. Are they wrong for doing that, or should we all have the perfect response that you clearly have BJ?

If after the season we've had you think the manager should go because we had a bad 45 minutes then yes i think you're an idiot and you are wrong for acting that way. I wouldn't say i have the perfect response i just don't see the point in going crazy when the man in charge has proved over and over again that he deserves to be trusted. If you think acting like a spoilt little girl is the best way then please continue.

Should we all just wait till the end of the season, have no discussion about RB's and strikers, because lets be honest none of us have a clue about how the season is going to end, then again it would be very boring, especially if we all had the same obviously correct opinion as yourself.

God you just don't read do you Jez? In my last few posts i've said how my opinion is wrong and i have no problem with people on this board sharing opinions as you say its what all fans do.

The problem is when the vocal crazy minority on here start abusing the manager when he doesn't do what they think, or even after a win they aren't happy because he didn't do what they think.

At the start of every transfer window we have to read how crap he is at buying players, at the start of every season we read how we will do nothing with our average squad. At the start of games we had to hear about how clueless he is because he picks petrov in a 4-4-2, during games we have to read about how crap he is because he hasn't used a sub at the exact moment barrys boot wanted him to.

It's good that people share their opinion and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you're the sort of fan who would encourage the over the top posting against the manager and some of our players. Me i like to actually support the teams so while i have my own views i'm happy to put faith in the man whose doing a great job in charge.