• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

the thing is, first half i am not convinced they did give there all.

petrov aside (and i am far from petrovs number 1 fan) they were all going through the motions imo, they turned up and played like they were already in the semis. fair play to mon, he must have given them a right barrage at half time

Tbh I'm also not a big Petrov fan but I think with his experience and the fact he holds back gives Milner a lot more freedom.

Back on topic, I think we struggled with the pitch to begin with. Reading will be more used to playing on similar pitches in the Championship and with it being their home ground I thought they came to terms with it quite easily.

I also thought Reading played very well in the first half and didn't allow us to play for a fair bit of it. our defence look to be going through a bit of a rough patch.

WTF is with all this shit?!

We played poorly first half but the effort was there for all to see. Bottlers? hmm.... we weren;t playing well at all but like I say it wasn't because of effort whatsoever.

Doubting the manager? MON has got us to the final of the carling cup, the semi final of the FA (and still going) and challenging for a top 4 position... from where we were before he came I see no reason how anyone can doubt MON. We have got better every season.

Some people are getting on our players back far too easily too. We are doing so well at the moment then as soon as we play poorly well.... we are back to an average - below average team going nowhere with shit players and a shit manager.

If we had gone out of the tournament today I would be just as disappointed as anyone else but as long as the players gave there all i wouldn't have complained too much. Wouldn't have questionned the manager or the players... they can't get it right everytime. Look how far we have come. We can boast more than most teams about our tournaments this year.

JEEEEEZ some people need to get a grip.

(All purely imo of course)

:evil:

Thank you, this needed to be said.

I'll vote for this too. I was on a train for most of this match. When I got home I read through the match thread and became really angry at how a few posters slipped so easily and quickly into the usual thoughtless and ill-informed slagging off of the team and the manager.

Honestly guys, if the best you can manage when our team is struggling is to turn on them and start spraying around panicky and blame-ridden abuse, it might be better just to switch off.

That was one of our worst first half performances of the season, but there's a difference between calling a spade a spade and getting into some pant-pissing frenzy where you call the whole team bottlers and demand a new manager and the sale of Downing, Carew and Heskey (three goals, 1.5 assists and uh a shot on target between them in the second half)

I mean basically it seems that some of us vent our frustration at bad performances by going a bit Mental Health Act 1983, and the rest of us vent our frustration by taking the piss out of the people in the former group

Some people are getting on our players back far too easily too. We are doing so well at the moment then as soon as we play poorly well.... we are back to an average - below average team going nowhere with shit players and a shit manager.

Some people have made such a ridiculous fuss over the years about how poor MON is and how poor a lot of his signings are and how he hasn't got a clue with tactics. So when the opportunity to get on his back comes up they jump at it. Its a shame for them that MON keeps making them look like the foolish champ man fans they really are, you would have thought people would have learnt by now.

Why the hell can't we score like that for the entire game and not just 10-15 minutes?

I don't think that matters. I'd rather rattle in 3/4 goals in a short space of time at anypoint in a game as long as we win.

Man U left it til the 90+ minute to score twice and win the European Cup.

Its about winning at the end of the day, and this side seems to have started to pick up the habit, they didnt have last Feb/March & April.

Just keep the winning habit however it comes.

Some people have made such a ridiculous fuss over the years about how poor MON is and how poor a lot of his signings are and how he hasn't got a clue with tactics. So when the opportunity to get on his back comes up they jump at it. Its a shame for them that MON keeps making them look like the foolish champ man fans they really are, you would have thought people would have learnt by now.

I know, thank god we have fans like you, whilst the rest of us have our own opinions right or wrong; your still consistent by just having MON's. :bang:

Good turn around after a shocking first half, i think even MON would have agreed with that, crazy i know!

Good to see some goals from open play as well, important they are regardless of Reading giving up defending for 10mins :lol:

Heskey was a bit naff wasn't he..

I know, thank god we have fans like you, whilst the rest of us have our own opinions right or wrong; your still consistent by just having MON's. :bang:

Good turn around after a shocking first half, i think even MON would have agreed with that, crazy i know!

Good to see some goals from open play as well, important they are regardless of Reading giving up defending for 10mins :lol:

I don't think any of us are arguing the fact we didn't play well first half.

I know, thank god we have fans like you, whilst the rest of us have our own opinions right or wrong; your still consistent by just having MON's.

Once again jez you are completely wrong. Against burnley i wanted downing off and then he went and scored 2 goals. Against reading i wanted downing off again and heskey to come off and then we go and score 4 goals in a half.

I have opinions on the villa and yes at times they are shown to be wrong but the big difference between most people on here and a small crazy minority on here is that most of us don't believe that MON is a complete idiot and useless manager because he doesn't share our opinion.

Shocking first 45. No-one deserved any credit.

But second half we turned it round superbly and there was only going to be one winner. Pity we had to do it the hard way but I guess there are no easy games once you get to the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Would like to see Carew starting with gabby now, hopefully he'll hit some form.Heskey on good form isn't even close to JC on good form, so I'd like to tak the chance with JC, even if he does have off days.

Haven't read a match thread for about a year as they are normally filed with complete and utter drivel, but sounds like I missed a good one this time around!

I know, thank god we have fans like you, whilst the rest of us have our own opinions right or wrong; your still consistent by just having MON's.

Once again jez you are completely wrong. Against burnley i wanted downing off and then he went and scored 2 goals. Against reading i wanted downing off again and heskey to come off and then we go and score 4 goals in a half.

Yet your once again getting worked up with people not happy with certain things of the performance before, during and after the game.

However, you've just admitted you've done the same.

So whats the difference?

Haven't read a match thread for about a year as they are normally filed with complete and utter drivel, but sounds like I missed a good one this time around!

You should read. I did when I came in last night, it's a cracker. However I can't blame some after the drivel witnessed in the first half.

No not in the second half.

Apart from one run which he created himself to get one on one and then err miss, he still spent the majority of the second half giving them the ball straight back!

Yet your once again getting worked up with people not happy with certain things of the performance before, during and after the game.

However, you've just admitted you've done the same.

So whats the difference?

I think it is the posts that call for the manager to be sacked and players to be sold, just because of a poor 45mins (in an excellent season so far), that most normal fans think is ludicrous.

No not in the second half.

Apart from one run which he created himself to get one on one and then err miss, he still spent the majority of the second half giving them the ball straight back!

It's a bit harsh to say it was a miss, more a great save from the keeper i recon. He did get the ball up and over but the keeper got a hand up to it.