• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

Your thoughts for posterity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

I think this afternoon I was angrier than I'd been for a long, long time about a Villa performance. We just didn't turn up and most of the players seemed to have taken some sort of unscheduled sabbatical from football.

The REAL AV thankfully turned up in the second half and (apart from a few scares) gave a tremendous performance.

Wembley, here we come (again)

UTV!

First half we were awful. Second half we were very good for 15 minutes and alright for the rest. Still looked a bit wobbly, but oh well. We got the win and great character shown by the lads to come back like that.

Carew was brilliant. He guided us through against Palace and now he has done it once again. True, he hasn't been playing very well this season for large part, however he should be in the team over that useless lump Heskey every time.

There was everyone saying MON should take both strikers off and bring on Delfouneso! ;)

I also had a cheeky pound on a Carew hat-trick today, so was delighted when the penalty flew in!

Woo! Semi-finals here we come!

Reading were the better side in the first half, some ridicolous over reactions in the match thread. But whatever MON said at half time we looked a different side. Reading were physical and I'm sure Heskey and Carew will feel bruised but it's worth it as we are going to Wembley again. Wonderful finishing from Carew in the second half, who's effort in the first half was onside. Ashley Young's goal and goal line clearance were brilliant, Warnock made a crucial block in the second half, we remembered how to defend second half also.

There was everyone saying MON should take both strikers off and bring on Delfouneso! ;)

Did anyone actually say that?! I would have taken Heskey off no doubt about it as he doesn't offer much at all to be fair.

The manager picked the right team to win the game, and when they were not coming up to scratch gave them the imperative to prove they could.

Excellent leadership skills.