• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

The bar we went to was Callaghans ( I think ) which was attached to the side of a hotel. Possibly the worst organised bar Ive ever been to, 2 staff serving at a bar with approx 12-15 around, 5-6 deep. Took 35 mins to get served so had to buy 4 pints each when finally got there !!!!

I don't rate the "balti" pies they sold at the ground. They were crap. They weren't even balti. Also, there was this one guy (tall and black) who was serving and he was the slowest person I've ever seen. Took him about 10-15 minutes to process one order.

They were Curry Pies, not balti. My mate asked for a chicken balti, he gets given a pasty. He repeats himself then gets a Vegetable pie. **** shockin. Almost as bad as Wembley. :P

Wait, you were in that line too?

He was just shocking. Don't know what the rest of them were like but we must've been in the slowest queue because all the other lines seemed to flow a lot quicker.

just back, disgrace first half, rightly booed off, petrov looked like the only one who was trying

boot up the arse and second half was much better,

carew got a bit of confidence and was holding the ball for fun, heskey did quite well but missed a gilt edged chance,

the defence looked shoddy - dunne was poor AGAIN, thats 3/4 in a row imo, collins looked a bit dodgy, cuellar was cuellar at right back and warnock had a poor one defensively, took to school by jimmy **** kebe

Abysmal first half. It was as though we came out with the attitude that we only had to turn up to win.

Mon rightfully had a right **** go at half time got inside there heads and wound them up to produce an unbelieveable 15 mins at start of second half.

MOM obviously Carew but Mons half time team talk deserves special praise as it worked wonders.

Time to put the cups to bed for a few weeks and get on with the job of picking up league points and back in the mix for 4th.

Some gems from around HT in the Match Thread. I don't go in there anymore during a game, waste of my time. It's all shite talk in there apart from the odd optimist (and prophet).

clearings in the woods, complete loads of gutless bottlers

HESKEY CAREW DOWNING PLEASE **** OFF YOU'RE SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF THIS SEASON

At times like this, my doubts start to raise over O'Neill where he picks a totally inept team.

We score in the first ten minutes and were back in the game.

This reminds me of the Sheff United defeat a few years back under DOL. Out battled and out played

We will win this 4-2

Just not good enough in my book........ it shouldn't have even been at the stage where we we 2 down against a struggling championship team.

Yes, 12 manic minutes got us the upper hand, but what happened then, once we had a goal lead? We sat bank again and encouraged Reading to take the game to us again, without offering much in way of reply.

Errr...except for scoring a fourth goal & putting the tie to bed. Maybe you had already switched off in your rage by that point?

Some gems from around HT in the Match Thread. I don't go in there anymore during a game, waste of my time. It's all shite talk in there apart from the odd optimist (and prophet).

clearings in the woods, complete loads of gutless bottlers

HESKEY CAREW DOWNING PLEASE **** OFF YOU'RE SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF THIS SEASON

At times like this, my doubts start to raise over O'Neill where he picks a totally inept team.

We score in the first ten minutes and were back in the game.

This reminds me of the Sheff United defeat a few years back under DOL. Out battled and out played

We will win this 4-2

you cant moan about peoples reactions after the first half - it was the worst we have played for years and they were rightly booed off.

**** me there was lot worse said on the concourse at half time than put in the match thread

Rrrrrright. Every time a team scores against us or we are losing or even not winning at half time, then it's been "the worst half we have played for years".

I'm sick of reading that shite. And especially talking shit about the players, especially ones who work their ass off for us week in week out, what they sacrifice of their bodies for our entertainment and pleasure.

Rrrrrright. Every time a team scores against us or we are losing or even not winning at half time, then it's been "the worst half we have played for years".

I'm sick of reading that shite. And especially talking shit about the players, especially ones who work their ass off for us week in week out, what they sacrifice of their bodies for our entertainment and pleasure.

Well your saying you weren't concerened, being 2-0 down to a championship team in our worst performance we've seen this season.

I thought the catering was OK. The drinks were cheaper than at VP. Anyhow, when Carew had scored two goals, I thought we should've changed the chant a bit - how about "John Carew, you see, he's bigger than you and me, he's gonna score two or three, John Carew you see"

don't be a moron it was the worst we have played for years, if you cant tell that either you have shit in your eyes or you have only followed the villa for a year or so

they clearly got a kick up the arse second half and we were a lot better going forward (albeit still a bit dodgy at the back)

WTF is with all this shit?!

We played poorly first half but the effort was there for all to see. Bottlers? hmm.... we weren;t playing well at all but like I say it wasn't because of effort whatsoever.

Doubting the manager? MON has got us to the final of the carling cup, the semi final of the FA (and still going) and challenging for a top 4 position... from where we were before he came I see no reason how anyone can doubt MON. We have got better every season.

Some people are getting on our players back far too easily too. We are doing so well at the moment then as soon as we play poorly well.... we are back to an average - below average team going nowhere with shit players and a shit manager.

If we had gone out of the tournament today I would be just as disappointed as anyone else but as long as the players gave there all i wouldn't have complained too much. Wouldn't have questionned the manager or the players... they can't get it right everytime. Look how far we have come. We can boast more than most teams about our tournaments this year.

JEEEEEZ some people need to get a grip.

(All purely imo of course)

:evil:

We played poorly first half but the effort was there for all to see. Bottlers? hmm.... we weren;t playing well at all but like I say it wasn't because of effort whatsoever.

Doubting the manager? MON has got us to the final of the carling cup, the semi final of the FA (and still going) and challenging for a top 4 position... from where we were before he came I see no reason how anyone can doubt MON. We have got better every season.

Some people are getting on our players back far too easily too. We are doing so well at the moment then as soon as we play poorly well.... we are back to an average - below average team going nowhere with shit players and a shit manager.

If we had gone out of the tournament today I would be just as disappointed as anyone else but as long as the players gave there all i wouldn't have complained too much. Wouldn't have questionned the manager or the players... they can't get it right everytime. Look how far we have come. We can boast more than most teams about our tournaments this year.

I'm gonna say it....

"This"

the thing is, first half i am not convinced they did give there all.

petrov aside (and i am far from petrovs number 1 fan) they were all going through the motions imo, they turned up and played like they were already in the semis. fair play to mon, he must have given them a right barrage at half time

Thank you, this needed to be said.