Phil Dowd Thread (Merged)

PompeyVillan

Five Live were still going on about Vidic not been sent off this morning....so it's not just us lot still fuming!!

Replayed Alan Green's commentary last Sunday on the incident... He said it was "astonishing" that Dowd hadn't sent Vidic off!!...

I was in Salford Quays today ALL day sat in a training room on a revision course not spitting distance form Mould Trafford!!

:angry:

It looks like he won't be reffing another villa game all season

I'm pleased with that as I think he's one of the worst refs going and I don't have a clue why the FA chose him to ref the League Cup final in the first place.

Hopefully next time he refs us at Villa Park the Villa fans really show him how we feel about him!

Seeing as Dowds bias was so blatant, I'm sure MON won't be fined and the FA will just keep quiet, as they normally do when they are in the wrong.

Well said MON!! It HAD to be said because as we've all stated it WASN'T just the penalty decision that was in question.

Anyone had a response to our emails off the footballing authorities??!!!

No................ thought not!!!

Seeing as Dowds bias was so blatant, I'm sure MON won't be fined and the FA will just keep quiet, as they normally do when they are in the wrong.

Well said MON!! It HAD to be said because as we've all stated it WASN'T just the penalty decision that was in question.

Anyone had a response to our emails off the footballing authorities??!!!

No................ thought not!!!

Nothing for me either.

I'm looking forward to hearing what the Soccer Saturday panel have to say tomorrow

Unanimous condemnation of Dowd on SS and rightly so. I find it incredible they said Dowd defended his decision, I would love to see his quotes on that.

Some Manure fans are now claiming that if Vidic should have been shown a red card, then Collins should have been sent off too for that yellow card offence on Owen as he was the last man as well!

Link

Link

quote}He was a little inconsistent with his yellow cards but that is no reason to highlight him in his first major final.

Yeah didnt quite manage to get to 3 for a villa player did he

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1254544/GRAHAM-POLL-Time-experts-learn-law--Nemanja-Vidic-deserved-escape-red-card-Wembley.html#ixzz0hPmEy2L8

Some Manure fans are now claiming that if Vidic should have been shown a red card, then Collins should have been sent off too for that yellow card offence on Owen as he was the last man as well!

Link

Link

How many times does this have to be said?

Once more: Being last man doesn't mean its a red card. Denying a goalscoring opportunity is a red card.

Vidic said it wasn't a red because he was in front of Gabby when he fouled him and didn't do it from behind.....What **** difference does that make, you cock?!!

Why is it time to stop talking about this? I'm enjoying this discussion. If you are not, then I suggest that it's time for you to stop reading.

I am generally pretty generous to giving referee's the benefit of the doubt. If he had shown a yellow I would have been disappointed, but not shocked or angry. I have to say that the one call was bad, but a nicely done video mix of what was cautioned when a Villa Player did it and what was not cautioned when a Man U player did it would be even more clear that Mr. Dowd was less than impartial.

I still give referee's leeway. I really don't think he was deliberately or intentionally partial. I don't think he was a "12th man." I don't know why he behaved so partially. I think he lacked the courage to give the misconduct on the PK (being so early and all) and then when he got all the complaints from Villa, he was afraid to give anything to Villa for fear of appearing to bow to that pressure.

If he had booked any of the Man U fouls (that deserved booking) for the rest of the half, Man U players, bench and fans would have turned on him saying that he was cowering to Villa's complaints.

I obviously can't read minds and don't know if I'm right, but it's what i suspect.

Why is it time to stop talking about this?

Because its over. We all know Dowd was wrong and i think 99% of football fans, players and pundits agree.

If we keep going on about we all start to look small time. The best thing to do is win today and settle old scores at Wembley.

Â