FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard game, job done. made life difficult for ourselves at times, but we did it and in fairness did boss the first half and the second half of half 2.

Would be handy to see more invention attacking wise not from a set piece as not every defender is as retarded as Lawrence, but that'll do.

there are not many games where we should have got 10 goals, this though is one of them.

how many chances did young put wide?

we played very well in large spells, keeping the ball and passing it around, that is what happens having a left back at left back and a right back at right back.

over all most of the team played well, we just missed far far too many chances on goal, gabby finished the hardest one and muffed up i think about 6 1 on 1s.

thats why we need a proper finisher to go along with his pace.

well done though, i was swearing at my lap top for large parts with the amount of misses

Apart from winning and scoring two penalties, Carew had a shocker, he wouldn't get that lucky against ManUre, no question Heskey starts if fit on Sunday.

Yeah because Heskey brings so much more to the team, oh no wait!

I hope we go 451 with Gabby on his own against the Mancs but as for today, job done in 90 mins, cant complain.

Apart from winning and scoring two penalties, Carew had a shocker, he wouldn't get that lucky against ManUre, no question Heskey starts if fit on Sunday.

Yeah because Heskey brings so much more to the team, oh no wait!

I hope we go 451 with Gabby on his own against the Mancs but as for today, job done in 90 mins, cant complain.

I think having 4-5-1 would be an idea. Rooney needs someone like Delph just on his shoulder for 90 minutes. It won't stop rooney too much, but intercepting 50% of what he gets might just prevent him scoring 2-3 goals and only getting one.

We also need to be aware of Valencia who has 9 assists in the Prem alone. He is a dark horse, whilst not Ronaldo he will cause us problems.

If we prevent their midfield getting space and man mark Rooney, we have a chance.