FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

Can't believe this thread at times.

I've been watching the whole game and have to say apart from a sloppy few moments 2nd half and mistake by Warnock, we've played really strongly and definitely deserve to win.

No reason for such negativity.

The way Ash and Downing have played tonight will actually BOOST them for the final.

Two good wins to set us up nicely.

I've done the same at times, been watching the majority of a game, quite pleased with the performance and then venture into the VT match thread and you'd think we were being thumped by a conference team.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence - I actually feel a little sorry for him. Giving away 2 penalties is bad enough. Doing it when Neil Warnock is your manager is somehing completely different.

:clap::crylaugh:

But lucky for him Warnock won't care that much if rumors are true he is leaving!

I've been watching the whole game and have to say apart from a sloppy few moments 2nd half and mistake by Warnock, we've played really strongly and definitely deserve to win.

The way Ash and Downing have played tonight will actually BOOST them for the final.

Like. Good point on the boost. Gabby might be a bit tired though? MON will have thought about that thought surely!

I wouldn't call it negativity, just realism.

Yes we played some nice stuff at times, especially in the first half, but not taking our chances could have quite easily cost us.

We've all seen it before, one lapse, one mistake, and suddenly the games on it's head. Lo and behold, after not taking our chances, not finishing the game off, a mistake leads to us being pegged back to 1-1 and the possibility of playing another 30 minutes days before a cup final.

Saying we lacked the killer instinct, the cutting edge to finish the game off, isn't negativity, it's realism. We needed 2 penalities to kill the game off, it's not like we were sitting pretty. That we deserved to win is irrelevant, what matters is the score, and we lacked the finishing to put the score beyond them.