The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Is it here where I say my Android phone alarm works perfectly over the clocks changing? When I set it the night before the message saying "alarm will sound in X hours and Y minutes" took into account the clock change that hadnt even happened yet. Yay Android! :flag:

I'd be even more impressed if it could tell you what time one of your kids is going to come barging in your room and wake you up ..poxy kids :-)

Is it here where I say my Android phone alarm works perfectly over the clocks changing? When I set it the night before the message saying "alarm will sound in X hours and Y minutes" took into account the clock change that hadnt even happened yet. Yay Android! :flag:

I'd be even more impressed if it could tell you what time one of your kids is going to come barging in your room and wake you up ..poxy kids :-)

Put gps on the kids and sign them up to google maps tracker thing. :D

Is your name Conor?

Yeh the FM transmitters are ok. I had an iTrip on my old Ipod classic. It works perfectly well but it's a bit of hassle. You need to find a blank radio frequency and then tune it in. Butif you're doing it for a long car journey, chances are as you drive into different areas that frequency will get used, or it'll tuneinto the outskirts of another radio frequency if that makes sense.

So on a long car journey you're regularly having to retune it in, so if you're on your own it's not very practical.

Haven't heard of this parrot kit, I may look into it as at the moment I've got nothingto play my ipod in the car. Was thinking of buying a stereo with an AV connection or a usb connection, but if that works and it's only £50 I may try that.

I cant do anything other than sing the praises of my FM transmitter. It's a Belkin iTrip that gets plugged into either an iPod classic or an iPod touch. Works perfectly all the time. I tend to use it on my commute (Nuneaton to Birmingham via Coleshill, Kingshurst, Marston Green, Sheldon, Yardley, Acocks Green, Small Heath and the city centre.) and I have used it en route to Leicester and Bradford in recent weeks and I have never needed to change the frequency of the thing. It is a thing of beauty.

I have found that instead of looking for a perfectly blank channel to transmit on, it is better to transmit on the very edge of a major stations frequency. I have always had mine a notch or two beneath Radio 2 (I have it set to 88.7) so if I dont have the transmitter on I get a barely audible version of Chris Evans in the car. If I do have it on, it blows him away. I find that better than thinking you have the perfect setup only to drive into the middle of somebody elses channel when you are 30 miles up the road.

Yeh mine was a Belkin.

If you've found a radio frequency that never gets used then I would agree that it would work fine. And if it's the same every time then it would be very quick and easy to use.

When I had it I could never find that frequency that never got used so it was always a bit fiddly.

As I said, when they work they are great, just found mine a bit awkward. this was about 6 years ago though, they may have made them better these days.

No need for the tinhat, the article in at least 1 facet is simply wrong. Android does a few things that Apple's offering doesn't/doesn't do as well, meaning it isn't like Android is just the poor mans iPhone.

I think all that article points out is that Apple is more well known than Android. Apple is more desired than an Android phone amongst the masses, but I didn't need an article to tell me that.

It doesn't really comment on the fact that Android do some things better.

But to be honest a lot of Android owners seem to thrive on that. I think if Android swapped "statuses" with Apple, a lot of owners owuldn't be that keen anymore. Like when a band goes mainstream, people preferred them when they were underground.

"Only 7% of iPhone owners would consider switching to an Android handset, the research found."

So 93% of iPhone owners are fanbois!

Is that French for happy with their phones

Just because you're happy with your phone doesn't mean you shouldn't consider alternatives when the times comes to upgrade.

Unless ofc you're a blinkered fanboi.

Even if you're banging Gisele Bundchen, you'd be nuts not to at least keep an eye out in case someone hotter walked by...

...not that I'm implying anything about the fidelity of

800px-Tom_Brady_8-28-09_Patriots-vs-Redskins.jpg;)

(indeed, I suspect that I'm describing

387px-LeonardoDiCaprioNov08.jpg's approach to relationships)

((it's always good to trade in for a newer model every few years... harharhar))

"Only 7% of iPhone owners would consider switching to an Android handset, the research found."

So 93% of iPhone owners are fanbois!

Is that French for happy with their phones

Just because you're happy with your phone doesn't mean you shouldn't consider alternatives when the times comes to upgrade.

Unless ofc you're a blinkered fanboi.

I would agree 100% if I knew what "ofc" meant.

I suspect most phone users will at the end of their contract will look at whats available, maybe most Iphone users will look at taking the next new iphone while some others will look at alternatives like the Desire HD.

Now if I do decide to go for HTC over Apple next time round does that make me an HTC fanboi, an Android fanboi or does it only work the one way round.

ofcourse. Now you've made me use more than the 5 keypresses I saved dammit!

See that's what I'd expect, people to consider the alternatives, and then if they end up sticking with the iphone then fine (there's a huge amount of vendor lock in with phones now that they've all got their own marketplaces, if you've shelled down a few hundred on apps you're not really going to be too keen to switch platforms), but people that just point blank refuse to consider the alternatives confuse me. Why would anyone not see if they can get better elsewhere. If 93% of iphone users wouldn't consider android then it would really surprise me, but like most of these things I think the questioning was probably loaded.

It only makes you a fanboi if you show blind allegiance, switching to a different platform doesn't do that, it works both ways there's plenty of android fanbois, hell there's fanbois within fanbois with android, those that love stock and hate everything with the slightest hint of vendor customisation, those that only love their vendors customisation like HTC's sense...

i'm not a big smartphone fan but i joined iphone club today, my boss gave me his iphone 3gs 32gb. i had nokia n95 for years now but i'm loving iphone so far. can someone help me with reseting iphone to defaults - is Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings enough or should i reinstall iOS?

More importanly, which Villa app is worth buying :)?

ofcourse. Now you've made me use more than the 5 keypresses I saved dammit!

See that's what I'd expect, people to consider the alternatives, and then if they end up sticking with the iphone then fine (there's a huge amount of vendor lock in with phones now that they've all got their own marketplaces, if you've shelled down a few hundred on apps you're not really going to be too keen to switch platforms), but people that just point blank refuse to consider the alternatives confuse me. Why would anyone not see if they can get better elsewhere. If 93% of iphone users wouldn't consider android then it would really surprise me, but like most of these things I think the questioning was probably loaded.

It only makes you a fanboi if you show blind allegiance, switching to a different platform doesn't do that, it works both ways there's plenty of android fanbois, hell there's fanbois within fanbois with android, those that love stock and hate everything with the slightest hint of vendor customisation, those that only love their vendors customisation like HTC's sense...

Market lock in is going to be a huge deal breaker for many going forward you are spot on there.

This could though work very much in Androids favour as you would I presume be able to transfer apps you have bought on says your Galaxy S to your Desire HD or Nexus S where Iphone users will only be able to move theirs to the new iPhone handsets.

I wound how many iPhone users would know that you can play music and video on an Android handset just as easily as you can on an Iphone.

Â