PL: Burnley h Match Thread 2010/02/21 14:00

limpid

tough decision now the FA Cup draw has been favourable (if we get passed Palace!) - do we rest players against Burnley (who we should beat at home) or Palace (to ensure getting through in the Cup)????

Maybe a bit of both!?!?

I kind of expect:

..............Friedel

Young.Dunne.Collins.Warnock

Young.Milner.Petrov.Downing

..........Gabby.Carew

and against Palace:

...........Guzan (for pens and a chance to see him before the final)

Beye.Cuellar.Dunne.Young

Young.Sidwell.Delph.Downing

.........Heskey.Delfouneso.

rest against Palace. the league is far more important. We already have one Cup Final - that'll do. I'd advertise tickets for a couple of quid and just play the reserves entirely against Palace. They would at least be able to complete full pelt energy wise with aPalace with the added bonus of any oustanding performer possibly joining the squad for the final.

tough decision now the FA Cup draw has been favourable (if we get passed Palace!) - do we rest players against Burnley (who we should beat at home) or Palace (to ensure getting through in the Cup)????

Maybe a bit of both!?!?

I kind of expect:

..............Friedel

Young.Dunne.Collins.Warnock

Young.Milner.Petrov.Downing

..........Gabby.Carew

and against Palace:

...........Guzan (for pens and a chance to see him before the final)

Beye.Cuellar.Dunne.Young

Young.Sidwell.Delph.Downing

.........Heskey.Delfouneso.

Spot on, apart from Gurzan in the final.

Feck it, would love to Delfouneso play upfront with Gabby. Looks good when he drops deep and runs at defenders for me. Can't be any worse than Carew and with Heskey just completly lacking fitness/injury problems it seems.
Wont happen though. He will play Heskey along with Gabby and then bring Carew on around 70 mins (if Heskey survives that long).

As much as I like MON I hate how he doesn't give players like Delph and Delfouneso much game time.

Friedel

Young Dunne Cuel/Coll Warnock

Young Petrov Delph Downing

Milner

Agbonlahor.

Cuellar/Collins, not sure who.

Although I expect Martin will go:

Friedel

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Young Milner Petrov Downing

Heskey Gabby.

Agree with this, on both.

Me too. I would play Carlos over Collins as I don't think Burnley have a big target man?

It's usually 1:30 and 4:00 kick off's for Sky on Sunday.

I have no idea why Sky chose this game to broadcast as it's not the most exciting game and Burnley have been terrible away from home all season and we should easily win.

It's a bit like ESPN choosing Sunderland v Stoke on a cold Monday night. Who would watch that?

It doesn't even sound like a good game, worst game of the year on paper and it was probably worst game in the Premier League ever. So boring......

It's usually 1:30 and 4:00 kick off's for Sky on Sunday.

I have no idea why Sky chose this game to broadcast as it's not the most exciting game and Burnley have been terrible away from home all season and we should easily win.

It's a bit like ESPN choosing Sunderland v Stoke on a cold Monday night. Who would watch that?

It doesn't even sound like a good game, worst game of the year on paper and it was probably worst game in the Premier League ever. So boring......

Glass half full today mate? :lol:

Never going to be easy - just hope to high heaven that we're not the team that Burnley finally beat away from home. Ive no idea why people are suggesting this will be a walkover. We never walk over any team and struggle to score enough to finish teams off so im fully expecting a tight game. Saw Burnley against Man Utd and they could well have taken all 3 points - but for some poor finishing - they certainly had the chances.

Petrov and Milner need to control the midfield and we need to dictate the tempo. Id persoanlly start 4-5-1 with Gabby up front - the first half against man Utd was one of our bets passing performances for ages - we kept the ball, took our time and created openings. If we adopt a similar style against The Clarets then we have every chance of creating and taking opportunities.

Id go with:

Friedel

Young Ceullar Dunne Warnock

A.Young Milner Petrov Delph Downing

Gabby

contractually, SKY have to show each team a minimum number of times each season. Dunno if it's 4 or 5 times each, something like that.

Who would you rather see Burnley play against?