General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, like you said overnight it wouldn't make sense to find a manager, however you've had 2 weeks so far to make some sort of progress... is there a list created of potential managers? within those 2 weeks has there been any sort of activity towards finding a manager? if so, what?

With all due respect General surely losing 1-0 or 2-0 is a bad game?

Getting beaten 6-0 by a team promoted from the Championship and players showing no organisation, pride, belief and desire is an outright disgrace and embarrassment to our great supporters.

General,

I have to salute you for coming online so soon after such a miserable day for us Villa fans.

The point I would like to make, is that I am slowly begginning to feel sorry for you. You have made yourself available to Villa Talk as the 'voice' of our club and have posted on here many times, answering our questions, queries and trying to reassure us of our progression. The problem you now have, albeit from behind a computer keyboard, is that us fans, especially at such uncertain times and after results like today, are looking for someone to blame. I feel that you have put yourself in the position for us fans to vent their anger at. Because of this, it is up to you to assure us that 'everything is going to be ok', however, lately, I feel that all you are doing is leaving us hanging with your responses. I just want someone connected to Villa to have an open televised forum and give us all the answers that we so desperately seek. There are far too many unanswered questions at 'our' club at the moment.

As Villa fans, after so many years of pain, are now expecting BIG things from our club, we have had 4 slow, but progressive years, but once again, EVERYTHING we want to achieve seems to be out of our grasp.

I feel that the club is not helping the fans here, we get very little media coverage (outside of Birmingham) and the only time I get any information is via this site.

I am a British soldier, and whilst 'away' the only information I get is via the internet (Mainly VT). We are a BIG club, yet we act like small fry. This seasons kits release, the MON debacle, getting a new manager, signing players of the quality required to serve our great club. We just dont sound like a very attractive proposition to anyone at present.

General the club have had 2 weeks to identify who they want. Surely to Christ its time to get him in. This f***ing about is not doing this great club any good what so ever. If Randy/Paul Faulkner haven't identified who they want by now then that shows incompetence of the highest order.

Without naming names General can you at least confirm if we have identified who we actually want and if any interviews have taken place?

Hi, Can you explain the situation regarding Curtis Davies? Here is a player that is blatantly fit given his 90 min appearance on Thursday but seemingly cannot make a matchday squad on for a prem game when we only have a rookie defender in Clarke to call on. We keep hearing rumours that one more game triggers a contract clause and I want to know how long we will persist playing silly games to the detriment of the team in order to penny pinch? I admire what's been done in recent years but we have hit a crossroads and I'm afraid fans are tiring of the same talk, it's time for some action. WE NEED top class manager and he will need funds to ensure Villa compete in the top 6/7. Afterall, we were told 4 years ago that this club would be serious CL contenders and we are simply drifting at the moment with no direction and a chairman who refuses to speak and signal his intentions. Where is the leadership?

The situation with Curtis Davies is scandalous. Geners, I would love it if you could expand on why Curt cannot make a match day squad. Is it contract related?

oh,could you also tell our over paid players that the least they could do for there 40k a week is tackle and put themselfs about.the money they get i'd expect them to be coming off the pitch sweating,its the least the likes of mr Downing could do for the fans that pay his wages..

I wish some people would give it a day or so to calm down before coming on here and venting their frustrations!

Yes it was a really bad result but it has happened and the club will no doubt continue to do what they were doing - and that is to find the right person to take us forward. Do people really want us to rush out and make a panic decision just because we lost one game? No thankfully we have a board who are wiser than that.

Nasty Lee, Jon etc - Davies was average at best in pre-season and against Rapid. For me he is 4th best centre back and one whom may not be in the new managers plans. Even IF he is being left out for contract reasons I don't see that as being scandalous - it is yet more wise decision making... or would you rather him play one more game and get bumped up to silly wages to sit on our bench for the next 2 years???

Some of you deserve to support a team like Leeds and realise for real what it is like when silly decision makers are in charge - people who allow hearts to rule their heads.

I'm hurting right now but thankfully i appreciate what's going on - i wish some of you could see it the same way instead of coming here and crying like small children who have just had their toys taken away!

Thank you General for coming on so soon and facing the wrath of the fans, keep up the good work.

General,

Please take the time to read this - from your last reply i think you havent grasped WHY the fans are unhappy. I fully appreciate your comments and are thankful for you to take time out to post.

We arent saying go and get Mourinho, get him to sign Messi and do it on £1k a week. What we are saying, is SOMETHING has to happen regarding todays performance - We arent saying go out and get our new manager tomorrow.

What fans arent happy with is the financial side of things. The club is doing really fun things like the new website, the trailers for the new kit, the massive kit launch etc etc, yet there are more and more rumours coming out we have no money any more. You have told us many times that we have money etc etc. But there are more and more points growing to counteract this.

We understand you arent going to come out and say Randy doesnt want to invest etc, but its getting very concerning with many negative reports coming out.

The longer we go on, the less time we have to buy players, less time to buy a striker which after todays performance, has shown we DESPERATELY need.

If we cant get a manager in by deadline day, then are the club going to give KM money to buy anyone?

Once again please do not take this as negativity, we all want to know at the end of the day where our club is heading, and as much as we can ignore rumours etc etc, it gets harder to do the more that stack up. We ALL know Randy has been nothing short of amazing for this club, and I think the majority of fans will never forget what he has done for this club.

I along with a lot of AV fans fel this coming week could be a defining point in where the club is going, we all just want the club to realise how important it is too.

Thanks again.

Today was a complete disgrace and total embarassment........... we are a rudderless ship. You can point the finger at MON for leaving us in the crap but we have had 2 weeks to solve this yet you state we wont be rushed into an appointment. Why the delay? K Mc has made it clear he is not 100% up for it. Unfortunately the season will be over before it has begun if we dont solve this soon. Let's have some urgency, some leadership and some players PLEASE.

Bully, totally demoralised.

Leadership is the key thing here. We aren't seeing at boardroom level to let us know what is going on. Who is the right man General? Does the board know? If so, why aren't we pulling out all the stops to get him in place?

We have now given the prestigeous number 9 shirt to Ireland, thus suggesting that the club have no intention of signing a top striker,unless the General can suggest otherwise.

General if you can come on here today after this latest debacle you will have earn't evenmore respect,you don't usually duck anything tbf.

Gen

Forgetting the reaction to the game - that would be temper.

However , on the above, look at my four year posts to yourself regarding "Villa's No.9" and look at the above.

And yet again, it is overlooked. As I say, forget the game - but when I saw harewood, then ireland get the number 9 - I really think the "Proud History" is just a gimmick, and no one actually does know how much history this club has.

Only thing I want to say from today - you can appoint Fergusun, Mourinho and Brian Clough together, but unless we have someone who knows how to put a little round thing, into a big rectangle thing - we will go nowhere.

And I've said it for four years !

FINALLY people are seeing the massive problems at boardroom level, general is your job to come on here and butter everyone up so everybody feels too scared to bad mouth the chairman?? Not Randys style to speak out you keep telling us so can you tell us who is going to speak out?

You said last weeks result was sending out a message, presumabley you meant to MON so who did todays result send a message to?? if the finances are there why did MON walk out with immediate effect I take him to be a professional man and one of the best managers we have ever had so why had he not been able to buy anybody. We are looking like a club in trouble with no clear leader.

reading the browns message boards and history really makes for bad reading at times :(

Gen, does Randy really think he can take the club will move forward still?

Premier League needs investment every year, a different ball game to the NFL. And as i said above a lot of Browns fans are very negative about their team, their board and the results the have been getting on the field for some time now. Our we going the same root? I'm SICK of being a mid-table team or a 'nearly team' I want my club to win things and be a success. CC finals and losing (first final in 10 years) don't cut it for me.

What I am saying Gen is after a very difficult summer (and Jan with no players in) I have been weighing up everything about the club and I am relly starting to lose hope. :(

Hi General, thanks as always for answering our questions.

Can you assure fans that when we get round to appointing a permanent manager, it will be someone with either Premiership or top tier European experience, not an inexperienced, untried and probably cheaper choice such as Kevin Mac or Bob Bradley? I think this is something many fans are worried about....