General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I think Mr Lerner's tenure at Aston Villa is on a knife edge in terms of it being judged a success or failure. We can't afford any Cleveland Browns style cock ups when it comes to appointing a manager. The Premier League is a far more unforgiving place than the NFL. I think we have seen today that we need a manager not a COACH.

General,

I think Mr Lerner's tenure at Aston Villa is on a knife edge in terms of it being judged a success or failure. We can't afford any Cleveland Browns style cock ups when it comes to appointing a manager. The Premier League is a far more unforgiving place than the NFL. I think we have seen today that we need a manager not a COACH.

WELL SAID

I hoped MacDonald would buy us a little time and i guess the West Ham win did buy us another week. But times up now, after that result and even more the performance means a new manager must come in this week. I dont know who Randy's going to pull out the bag, but what seems to be on offer i think i will only be disappointed.

I hope im proved wrong the boards done it many times so far, so i hope they can do it again...

Up the Villa.

General,

Today, we were out-run, outfought and outplayed by a Newcastle team who showed real hunger and desire to get something out of the game. It's just a diabolically poor performance from the team as a whole… and totally unacceptable!

It's so disappointing when you see what appears to be a lack of effort and what bothers me most is that most of them are quite experienced players. We can accept a defeat to anyone as we have no divine right to win any game, but the real worry for me was the style of our defeat today, as we put up virtually no resistance during the match and seemed doomed to defeat from the first goal to the last.

As you can see from the comments already posted, we as fans care and are not happy - Please could you ensure that our comments and concerns are shown to the players and let’s then see if they care?

General,

I think the post above highlights exactly what all of us Villa fans are feeling...

I feel sorry mostly for the Villa fans that travelled up to the North East and probably had to shell out a small fortune to get to this match. I know if I were one of those travelling fans today, I would be knocking on the door asking for a refund..

People pay for entertainment and I am not saying that everytime we lose we should expect a refund, but after today's utter no-show, those fans should get some sort of re-compense, even if it is from you on here telling us EXACTLY what is going on behind the scenes, rather than beating around the subject without giving us the EXACT truth..

Also can you clarify exactly what position Faulkner is? As we seem to be just hoping a new manager just comes out of the woodwork, seriously we have the mentality of a Championship club, and at the moment a playing side of that level! I am seriously considering returning my ST as the club seem more interested in promoting kits than improving the playing side!

Rather than kiss ass like a lot of so called fans.can you answer this question: Is it the boards intention to dilly dally appointing a top manager, to in the end appoint someone with no european football experience ie,(Bob Bradley). Thus screwing this great club up? absolute disgrace if this is the case. If this indecisiveness continues then be prepared to lose the fans support! Most of us really fans want action not words or BS.

General,

Today has been an eye opener for us all. I certainly didn't see that result coming. All of the vibes coming from the club have been positive over the last 2 weeks but today exposed Kevin's inexperience at this level. The side he picked was all wrong for an away game in the Premier league. If Kevin hasn't got the nous then I'm certain Bob Bradley doesn't. Please do not appoint him, I would rather we had to go for Curbishley than him. My personal preference and advice to you Randy and Faulkner is to go and break the bank and get Steve Maclaren. Anyone that can win the Dutch League with a team the size of Fulham is good at his job regardless of what happened with England. Even the great Capello can't get those overrated prima donnas to perform

General, Maclaren is the man to get.

For the first time ever im actually ashamed to be a Villa fan. Please please get a proven manager, if we get Bradley then this club is heading nowhere but down. Our club feels like it's in turmoil right now, we need signings and we need a manager, not in 2 weeks, NOW.

General,

After today and even the past week, there IS an urgency for a new manager, but the board seem to think the opposite.

The club needs stability right now, our gaffer of fours yours has walked out, along with milner, one of our best players, yet we have to remain optomistic??

The club need a new manager in ASAP, KMac does not want the job, bearing in mind all his hesitancy to commit. I am sorry, but anyone in his role would pee themselves to get the chance, yet it seems like we are clinging to his word, in that he might be considered.

We are Aston Villa, not Small Heath and we should be aiming high "Proud History, Bright Future" -- has this been forgotten??, because it has been dark and cloudy for a while now and a win against a very poor WHU team did nothing but give us another week to get the right man in for the job.

The club got a nice peice of that pie from the milner sale and MON walking meant no compo for him, so dig deep, pay a compensation package and get us a top man for the job.

At the moment being a villa fan is like being on a number 11 bus, takes you were you want to go, but takes too long to get there.

General,

Are you hurting as much as i am right now?

This great club, the club that formed the League, helped build modern day football, were Champions of Europe, Is the pride of the Midlands, apparently, just got thumped! We've seen it before with Doug, now i just feel were going to see it again, as fans we follow this club as a religion and are treated by being stamped on the head and repeated bad luck, im simply sick of it, Il follow the villa through the bad times but i honestly thought Randy would change it, nope, same old crap, 4 years later, disgusting!

Even more worrying if the rumours are true Randy is on holiday atm!

General a 6-0 defeat provokes mass overreactions I know but surely it is time to sort out the Manger postition, 2 weeks is long enough.

Do we have people with the right experience capable of doing so?

I really would like to know what the hell Paul Faulkner is doing regarding our manager search at the moment? So far he's provided very little of substance to this club.

I have to agree, what the hell is he doing?

I'd also like to know what discipline (if any) would be put in place after that SHOCKING performance?

Bob Bradley is a VERY good club team manager and no one can take that away from him. He has a proven track record at the club level. Obviously we all know that this record was not established in the Premiership but suggesting that he won't know how to manage a club team is without any merit, imo. A proper manager is someone that wants the pressure on his shoulders, not one that would shy away from the pressure. My question for the General is this: Knowing the overt concerns of many Villa fans regarding the managerial assignment, what factors are the board or Randy taking into account for a possible appointment? General, you keep stating that the board is looking for the "right" man for the job so the question is what are those factors that account for some one being a possible "right" man? Age? Having played professionally? European experience? Work rate and disposition? What?

Good luck in the continued search.