General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Hi General,

I was one of the fans suggesting that the club give Kevin MacDonald a chance until Christmas. I said this based on the players comments before and after the West Ham game. Then, last night, I saw Bolton's result at West Ham and I was worried. I called my Brother and said to him that we were either very good last week or West Ham had simply been terrible. I thought today's game would suggest the answer and now we have it.

I know today is only one game but no manager, and I mean NO manager would send out the same 11 players for a second half, who came in 3-0 down and outplayed, at half time. I was certain that K-Mac would see that Albrighton was having no joy against their left back. or, that Carew was lost up front alone and couldn't even do the basic of holding onto the ball. I am not a fan of Heskey's but I was hoping for him to replace Carew at half-time, simply because we had nothing better to offer from the bench in that department! NRC and Heskey were essential changes for me at half-time but they didn't happen until it was too late.

I know a lot will be made of K-Mac's management performance today but the MON fans need to remember that he bought 8 out of those 11 starting players. I am not quite sure what that means to be honest. All I know is, Newcastle are not a top team and our team will face tougher away trips than that this season.

My question to you General is this; How long is it going to be before our football club sign a centre forward worthy of wearing the number 9 shirt? If teams stop our midfield from playing, which Newcastle did today, we are going to take more beatings, because without Gabby we are about as penetrative as a soft cock.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending £30 on tickets + hotel and train fare, its time to get martin jol in, never seen a worse performance (apart from chelsea but didnt go) since supporting villa, utter gutless against a team who's just got promoted!

Hello General

Do you agree that as we have stood still this summer and these last 2 weeks, the world is beginning to pass us by already ?

MON knew what was needed just to keep pace - do you agree that regardless of him having a different vision to the Board we need a top class Manager and significant investment - just to stand still ?

It really will all have been one heck of a waste to have hauled ourselves up to the door of Top 4 these last 4 years to go backwards even one inch now, wouldn't you agree ?

We have now given the prestigeous number 9 shirt to Ireland, thus suggesting that the club have no intention of signing a top striker,unless the General can suggest otherwise.

General if you can come on here today after this latest debacle you will have earn't evenmore respect,you don't usually duck anything tbf.

Hi General - my 1st post here ... But what the HELL was that. The worst Villa result/game ive ever saw - Please can Randy updated us Villa fans on the manager updated - we need Martin Jol ASAP, hes the 1 for this job go get him this week !!!! please.

Also i know this is prob not ture... but is Randy delaying getting a manager till after the transfer window is shut so we wont sign anyome?? get Jol as 80% of Villa fans would love him here and giv him the milner money ;).

Hi General,

I have to be honest, that was the worst performance I have seen in my 17 years of supporting villa, in stark contrast to one of the best attacking I saw last week against West Ham. There is clearly uncertainty all about the club, the players the fans. We as fans pay our money week in week out, is it now fair you tell us excatly what is going in? When will the new manager be appointed? You keep saying you will not rush but time is not on our side; we will quickly lose what MON has built up unless you make the correct appointment and quick. Martin Jol, 99% of fans want please look at this option!

And please consider this carefully . We NEED a new striker, please sign a striker before the end of the window we simply do not have the goal scoring ability with our current strikers. I am afraid, as harsh as it sounds and I am a devoted villa fan, without this managerial appointment and new striker the club is destined for doom and gloom.

Us supporters are been kept in the dark, please shed some light on the progress?

General K

Shocking performance today, but without getting too caught up in what went wrong, I think it's clear Kevin Macdonald is not the man to take Villa forward. This is the single worst result I've seen Villa succumb to, and if we're really serious about pushing for 4th then we need a man with exceptional managerial experience, pedigree and respect. Macdonald only has one of those requirements.

I have to echo the calls for a manager like Martin Jol. But whoever you choose, please make an appointment before the end of the transfer window because we desperately need to re-enforce our squad.

Thanks.

Agreed. The lowest scorers in the top half last season have lost their manager.

We're looking for direction from the Board to appoint someone quickly (surely we must know who we want) and we badly need another striker.

If we don't have both by the close of this transfer window it's another failed opportunity and backwards step.

Agreed. The lowest scorers in the top half last season have lost their manager.

We're looking from direction from the Board to appoint someone quickly (surely we must know who we want) and we badly need another striker.

If we don't have both by the close of this transfer window it's another failed opportunity and backwards step.

More like a relegation struggle

General Krulak here:

1. Like everyone else, I was terribly disappointed in today's result. It was NOT what was expected and it was certainly a low point. Rest assured, NO ONE is happy about the result...not the owner, not the Manager, not the Board and not the players. Believe me, there is not a single player on the squad who wanted a result like that. They are professionals and want to do a professional job.

2. I am not going to answer MON questions...he left and that is that. What I will say is that MON did NOT have funds removed at the end of July...that sort of rumor does no one any good.

3. The idea that we must run out and get a Manager just to say we have a Manager does not make sense. To mention a specific name and expect that specific person to show up on Monday does not make sense. To now turn on Paul as the new scapegoat for a defeat does not make sense. I understand people are upset...so am I. At the same time, I am not going to urge Randy or anyone else to run out and grab any manager just to say we have one. It is obvious that getting the right person is not something that is done overnight.

4. I wish I could answer all your comments and address all your concerns. I wish I could say we have the world's best manager and he will be here tomorrow. I wish I could say that Messi will be on the Pitch next week. I wish I could say alot of things but I can't. What I can say is that we are NOT as bad as we showed today...and that we have better days coming. One good game...one bad game...does not a season make.

General, lets stop beating around the same old bush here, we have just been battered by a side who came up from the Championship, this side is going backwards instead of forwards. I agree about getting the right manager in but other clubs do not wait this long to decide whether they need one, that is my concern, we have Kevin Mac constantly saying he might stay, he might not, this whole uncertainty does not help us as supporters. General, does Randy still have one of those Scarfs? Proud History BRIGHT future, well today it is a dark day where even our problems seem bigger than Newcastles.

General, fair play to you for coming on here when most people would keep their heads down,however it appears that we are not anywhere near getting a new Manager or are we closer than we all think?

The transfer window will soon close, everyone can see that we need a few players, is it just coincidence that the Manager will be appointed when its too late to buy new players?

We all want the right man but do the club have any idea who they at least want.

The supporters need something positive to come out of the club.

General,

I hope you can understand that you, Randy, the board and the majority of the players wont be hurting like us, the supporters.

Villa is in our blood, we love our club dearly and our weekends are dependent on how our team do. Everyone of us have a spring in our step, if we play well and get a result. we do not expect a win everyweek, but an ass kicking is another thing.

After today, its us picking up ourselves from a terrible performance. After the Chelsea score, a lot of us thought " freak result" and hoped such an embarresment would not return. Today, well... feels even worse.

So when you say you feel the same as us, a lot of us earn enough to make ends meat, feed the family, insure the car, where as I am sure the players, and how they SHOULD be dissapointed, at least have a fat cheque at the end of the week, that much of us wont earn in a year. To feel our pain, you need to truly be claret and blue blood.

Villa is not a business to us, its a way of life. I just feel the "mission statements" are not going to pep us up. we need to bounce back, we need the board to "bust a gut" to get the right man, as after all this waiting and taking our time, I am happy to do so, but hope we will have a manager we deserve that will help us push on, bearing in mind the " no rush" policy.

And do you ever pass our feedback onto Randy?

General - Up the Villa !

Hello General,

I'd just like to remind you about are history of always being the bridesmaid and never the bride, of always being so close to real success only to fall back into obscurity. We as fans have seen this so many times in the last 20 years that this just seems to be history repeating itself. I have no doubt that the club is being run much better than before but again we are so close that we can smell it only for it to be seemingly taken away from us.

I'd also like to remind you that our football isn't the same as NFL. If we have a bad season, you can't turn around and pick the best kid coming along in hope that it turns you around the following year, there are serious repercussions.

What we need now sir is strong visual leadership that is SHOWING signs of where we are going not TELLING us where we are going. Tonight there are alot of very hurt Villa fans that for the first time are wondering if we have been duped into believing a false dream. If we have aman in mind, we should be looking at appointing him soon so that he can atleast make his mark on the team asap.