General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

We have decided to start a 3rd installment of our General Krulak threads.

With a reminder of his opening post can you please post questions and comments in here and, as before, please do not post transfer questions or engage in discussion in this thread.

For those interested in previous discussions - Part 1 | Part 2

Cheers!!

I am General Krulak and am one of the new Directors of Aston Villa Football Club. I have spent the past week trying to get onto this site and have finally succeeded. I can assure each of you that I have NOT purposely avoided this site and have been helped tremendously by John Cresswell who had to bear the burden of a Yank trying to follow his instructions on how to log in. Sorry John!

Let me start by telling you how happy Randy, the other Directors and I am about being part of the Villa Family! Yes, we are "part" of the family...not the most important part...just a part. The history, traditions and ethos of this magnificent Institution are very precious to us...just as they are to you. You all have stuck with Villa through thick and thin and we are new to Villa Park...BUT, believe me, we want what you want and will work very hard to achieve that goal.

We are blessed with a superb Manager who has everyone's total support. He is a great football mind, a great tactician, and a great teacher...but most important, he is a great Leader! He knows how to motivate the team and get the best from them...and when he needs to make adjustments, he does it with skill.

I am on this Site because, like Randy, I truly care about what fans say and feel. We want to do right...we are not interested in screwing it up. At the same time, we realize we can't perform miracles...we can't change things overnight. What we ask is that everyone join us in supporting the team...and keep the spirit up. The coaches to Chelsea are a great opportunity to do just that. Come on down and lets drown out the Chelsea fans.

Finally, we have no egos...we don't believe we have all the answers. What we do know is that we care...and that we are part of something very special.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Just a quick question in regards to the distribution of non Season Ticket Holders Carling Cup final tickets. I know there will be lots of fans on here ranting and raving but that is not my point at all. I just wanted to know how the club came to the decision to not include away games in the booking history criteria. From other threads it seems that this has always been the club policy in 2000, 96 and 94 so it seems sensible to do it again. However, as a huge Villa fan I love to watch our beloved Villa away to keep them going when 35,000+ opposing fans are on their back. I have always been amazed by how vocal our travelling fans have been, such as at White Hart Lane on Saturday where we out sung Spurs for the whole game (I’m sure even Glastonspur will admit this). I would have qualified for the last round of tickets after being to four home games and four away (Man U, West Ham, Fulham and Spurs) and it just seems a shame that all our singing has fallen on deaf ears. If we do get to Wembley again (fingers crossed) could a scheme be set up to reward those who travel away?

Up the Villa, and thank you for all that you and Randy have done for our wonderful club. If it wasn’t for Randy’s input we would not have got to Wembley in the first place.

Any news on your attendance at the Cup final General? How about your family, will you be sending them over considering they have become fans now, I bet your grand kids would love to attend.

Hello General,

This is my first ever post to you, I was just wondering whats been your most memerable game at VP since you guys took over from HDE and co? The semi final vs BBR or maybe beating the clowns from small heath 5-1 or even Zat Knight levelling at the death against Arsenal?

And thanks for transforming this great club! See you at Wem-ber-ley Sir! :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. Wembley tickets: Let me start by stating the obvious...we were not allocated enough tickets to satisfy everyone. That is the basis for our problem. All ST and 1/2 ST holders will get tickets...so the real solution (if we were all able to do so) would be to buy ST's. Obviously, the economy will not allow that to be possible. At maximum, about 3000 fans go to the away games. According to the ticket office, the VAST MAJORITY of those who go are, in fact, ST holders...therefore, the away games as a bellweather for Wembley would not be very effective. Thus the decision to look at the attendence at home games. The reward point system is not for a game such as this one...it is to be used for a game where the ticket allocation does not even meet the number of ST and 1/2 ST holders. I have asked Nicky Keye to put something on the OS to articulate what we have done and why. Again, we know we cannot satisfy everyone....but we try to be as fair as possible.

2. GavLa80: Beating the small heath 5-1 was my most memorable game to date. I watched almost the entire game from the Holte End...I didn't have a seat so I had to stand at the very top (yes, I know, I did a bad thing!!) I was surrounded by rabid Villa Fans and we had a ball...a great day.

3. As I indicated earlier, I will need all the Villa Talk fans to cheer extra loud at Wembley...the doctors will not allow me to fly. I am gutted.

thats bad news general that your going to miss our big day as i will be missing it too due to not getting a ticket but be sure ill be rounding up the belgium villans in a pub over here and we will be singing from start to finish 8) once again thankyou for all your and randys work in making our great club great again :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :flag:

Hi General, hope you're recovery is still progressing well, sorry to hear you can't make it to Wembley, looks like I can't make it either unfortunately due to not being well enough to make enough games this season.

Anyway I'm just wondering if the club or the Football League (I believe they run this competition) are looking at taking action against websites like this who are openly selling tickets in the Villa section for about £350 each. This is far from being the only website selling these as a quick search will show you.

Now as far as I'm aware selling tickets above the price shown on the ticket is illegal in this country yet they're being openly advertised on the internet to rip off genuine fans like myself who can't get tickets any other way. Surely there should be some sort of investigation into how tickets allocated to our fans end up in the hands of touts to make money out of them rather than genuine fans like myself.

Just to be clear these are NOT corporate tickets, they are ones in the Villa section (so £35-80 face value). Now I won't be able to make the final because of being too ill to attend enough games this season so not having booking history in excess of four home games(though ironically I would be well enough to make the final, but still) . And that's fine if the tickets were going to genuine fans who'd been to more games or whatever, but they're not, they're ending up with touts and ending up with those who've got the most money, which seems massively unfair.

As you'll notice on that site the tickets for the Man Utd end are about half the price of those in the Villa end, because the touts know how many Villa fans will be desperate for a ticket so are trying to rip us off as much as possible.

While I know these tickets will never end up back in the hands of fans who actually deserve it, surely some action can be taken by the police or someone (trading standards maybe) against these websites as they're advertising services which seem to me to be against the law.

Hello General

I was wondering whats happening with the issue of merging accounts

I emailed the ticket office back in December as I have 2 accounts which i was not aware of. When i started ordering tickets online i thought my account would match up with the account i have used with the ticket office at villa park, When i realized that this was not the case i emailed the ticket office and have only used the account which is linked to the ticket office at villa park.

The problem that I have is that for this season I have 3 tickets on one account and 8 on the other. The ticket office emailed me back Nick Thurman i think his name was, and said that the merging of accounts would be possible and would do so once possible. This was back in December, obviously the ticket office is very busy at the moment and probably haven't been able to deal with my request. I was just wondering who would be best to speak to because if i can merge my accounts together then I will have a booking history of 10+ for this season and a better chance to get to Wembley.

P.S sorry to hear you cant make it to the final. Hope you get better soon !

General

Firstly, gutted that you will miss the final - we will make you proud as I hope the team make us proud!!

With all the talk of Portsmouth and West Ham being in financial meltdown, a number of the national newspapers have created a league table of the debt each club has and surprisingly Villa were in 7th place with debt of £78m based on June 08 figures. Can you shed some light on whether this is media hog wash or what in fact the correct position is?

Thanks General and I hope to see you at a game this side of the summer, I'll even buy you a drink!

Dave

Hi General,

With regards to the screen/scoreboard at VP, Just wondering if it has ever been considered to let the clock continue after the 45 minutes are up?

I was getting very frustrated and anxious not knowing how much of injury time had elapsed last night, especially when you take into consideration the infamous Fergie time.

Hi General,

With regards to the screen/scoreboard at VP, Just wondering if it has ever been considered to let the clock continue after the 45 minutes are up?

I was getting very frustrated and anxious not knowing how much of injury time had elapsed last night, especially when you take into consideration the infamous Fergie time.

I think it has to be stopped at 45 in every match at every ground in the premier league.

Hi General,

On the screen theme Geneal, is there a reason why the game isn't shown on the screen?? When I went to spurs on saturday, they showed the game and it was quite useful when the ball was up the other end.