• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 21)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 87)

Maybe on on me own with this one, buy why didn't King at least get a booking when he dragged Gabby down in the second half i think it was, when he would of been one on one with Gomes.

Me old man said that.

How threatening is Gabby now compared to what he was last year, like the shot which hit Dawson's hand, great upper body strength.

My first reaction was his got to be off but then realised that would be a bit harsh and was at least expecting a yellow.

He was getting knocked of the ball so easy last year that defenders had started to wise up to him, but his new strength has defiantly made defenders a bit more wary of him in my eyes.

It's a better result for you than Spurs, yes.

seeing as we've won at OT and won at Anfield this season , old Harry bottled it and was content to see a draw today ..if he had been serious about 3 points then he would have made some attacking substituions and gone for it .... but he didn't

the aim is to win your home games , so it was a case of 2 points lost today for Spuds , and a point gained for us

end of the day we played badly and yet you still couldn't beat us .. we could probably keep playing for another week and you still wouldn't have scored

We got away with another poor performance and a draw was a good result for us.

Clearly, if we are to progress, Martin will need Randy's checkbook opened again in the summer to do a rebuilding job on our midfield and front pairing. Both Heskey and Carew are simply not good enough to push us on and hopefully will be sold in the summer. I would also sell Petrov and Sidwell who are below the standard needed.

I'm also not sure whether James Milner is the answer to our lack of guile in the centre of our midfield. I still need to be convinced by him.

We could i believe still have a very successful season if Martin decides to revert to the five in midfield with one up front as, with the exception of Fonzie, both Carew and Heskey are no better than cardboard cut outs.

FFS Martin play to our strengths, and don't allow others to play to theirs.

whats wrong with beating them 3 times in a season?

nothing wrong with it at all .. .. we hadn't beaten them for 15 odd years and now suddenly we are going to win 3 out of 3 .... like i say his post was more a superstition thing and not him physically wishing we would lose

whats wrong with beating them 3 times in a season?

nothing wrong with it at all .. .. we hadn't beaten them for 15 odd years and now suddenly we are going to win 3 out of 3 .... like i say his post was more a superstition thing and not him physically wishing we would lose

god - lighten up a bit!

anyway - three consective heads calls still means that the fourth flip is 50/50

A draw will be fine on wednesday.

Our season will result on how many wins we get from Hull, Stoke,Bolton, Wigan, Pompey away and Everton, SHA Burnley, Sunderland, Wolves and Blackburn home.

Win 7-8 of those games and we've got a cracking chance of 4th.

Replace Carew, Heskey, Petrov and Sidwell with better players and we have an excellent team. We are so hard to beat but we are lacking up front so much. Petrov is turning into Mark Kinsella more and more these days, Sidwell ain't good enough for a top 6 team and Carew and Heskey do nothing. How Gabby could thrive with a real link-up player! We could also do with a no-nonsense centre forward to come off the bench.

Friedel 8- crucial saves although they were all relatively straightforward

Cueller 7.5- defensively he was very good

Dunne 9.5 *- we have the best centre back in the league, if not the world, on current form. Defoe in his back pocket. Every challange was defensive art.

Collins 7- struggled early on vs. Crouch but was part of a solid unit.

Young 7.5- good, nothing much got past him.

A.Young 6- not really in the game

Petrov 6.5- ditto, but good defensive work and an outrageous pass.

Milner 6- ditto young

Downing 6- ditto

Gabby 6- ok but also ditto, didn't hold the ball up, but we were playing hoofball

Heskey- not much impact in the time he was on

Carew 6- didn't hold the ball up but wasn't particularly poor.

All in all an excellent defensive performance (Dunne) against a very good and dangerous side. Half of our side was better than half of theirs, hence a deserved point!

Well, once again Villa play defence, defence, defence, sit deep ... counter-attack from time to time. It ain't pretty, but it's effective.

And not for the first time this season Spurs batter the opposition goal but can't stick one in.

Spurs were the better team by some margin, dominated possession, had easily the lion's share of attacking play, but Villa defended very well so I can't say you didn't just about deserve to get away with a draw.

Spurs miss Lennon ... need him back pronto.

Yeh like your Long ball Broken record Which is fail vs the best defense in the league maybe if you passed it round more like Arsenal you might of been walking away with 3 points.You didnt even batter the goal just wishful thinking attempts,please stop deluding yourself.And the word derserve has no meaning in Football.

Where does it have a meaning then?

My main thought from my trip to White Hart Lane is what a bunch of smug, sanctimonious dickheads Spurs have as supporters. Boring Villa? **** off, when did you become the guardians of beautiful football?

HOOF.

:nod: :clap::clap:

Ridicolous. This is Spurs we're talking about. Dawson to Crouch are some of the finest passes i've seen in the world, ever and the way Crouch heads it, talk about beautiful, free-flowing football, I told you we played it. As for Villa, awful, Dunne to Heskey's chest, typical long ball shit football.

It's a better result for you than Spurs, yes.

seeing as we've won at OT and won at Anfield this season , old Harry bottled it and was content to see a draw today ..if he had been serious about 3 points then he would have made some attacking substituions and gone for it .... but he didn't

the aim is to win your home games , so it was a case of 2 points lost today for Spuds , and a point gained for us

end of the day we played badly and yet you still couldn't beat us .. we could probably keep playing for another week and you still wouldn't have scored

Exactly Tony and why it is a shite result for them and a great one for us. Played poorly and still unbeaten.

They must be really pissed off that they couldn't beat us.

Good draw. Another immense performance form Dunne. How much did we pay for him again? I'm starting to have nightmares about what happens if he gets injured. Defence all round was good today & a special mention for Friedel. I thought the midfield & forwards battled hard but showed a bit of lack of creativity. And Carew didn't look too bothered, which is both sad and worrying.

We are though still well in touch for the top 4. Bring on the Mancies!

They dominated the game.

Both teams used long ball, they had Crouch who won loads of knockdowns, we had...Carew/Heskey flciking it to no one.

We put together about 3 passing moves all game, won a corner from a good bit of play, and had a good chance in the 90th when ball broke to Ash.

L.Young below his excellent standards, Downing awful.

Spurs played well and we did ok, our defense is arguable the best in the league atm and thats very important. Crouch and Defoe look bang on form with nearly every Crouch header falling to Defoe.

Petrov's injury is troubling and being unlucky with NRC injury could cost us. Delph and Mllner are to light weight atm to play together.

We are however 1 point better of home and away compared to last years games against Spurs, and Spurs are 2 points down. If we can get results like this playing badly against an on form Spurs team then things are looking good, we need to hit form in the very near future to stand any chance of breaking into the top 4, Liverpool are now clear favorites IMO.

Spurs played well and we did ok, our defense is arguable the best in the league atm and thats very important. Crouch and Defoe look bang on form with nearly every Crouch header falling to Defoe.

Petrov's injury is troubling and being unlucky with NRC injury could cost us. Delph and Mllner are to light weight atm to play together.

We are however 1 point better of home and away compared to last years games against Spurs, and Spurs are 2 points down. If we can get results like this playing badly against an on form Spurs team then things are looking good, we need to hit form in the very near future to stand any chance of breaking into the top 4, Liverpool are now clear favorites IMO.

didnt we beat them last year away