• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 21)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 87)

One thing. Crouch, you wanking whining bitch!! So **** tired of watching you complain.

look on the bright side - the more he plays like he did today, the less likely we will be to be forced to watch him play in the summer!

:clap::crylaugh: Fantastic sly pop at Wenger by MON in the interview. I'll give him a 9 for that!

what was said?

He was asked whether it was a penalty at the end when Petrov challenged Defoe.

He said, "I can honestly say I haven't seen it back, but where have you heard that before?"

He then enhanced his credibility by saying "If you say it was a penalty I will defer to your judgment".

Defended well again, but couldn't get any flow in the attacking areas. Carew looked like he didn't give a shit, strolling into the box slowly when needed. A game I was extra excited for, but ended a boring game. Spurs were the team hoofing it from defender to striker. Still a decent point.

Lets get things into perspective here, by the sound of it some of you want us to go back to the days of DOL! I remember when we got spanked 5-0! We are only 2points behind Spurs with a game in hand! What you also have to remember Spurs have beaten both Liverpool and Man City!

One thing. Crouch, you wanking whining bitch!! So **** tired of watching you complain.

look on the bright side - the more he plays like he did today, the less likely we will be to be forced to watch him play in the summer!

Agreed. And as Sweden won't be there I'll be supporting the England lot.

But he gets worse for each year. Almost has the Henry look when things just don't go his way.

We have the wining formula. We are in an outstanding position. 3 points of with a game in hand - this is very much game on + we are in the cups - BIG TIME. Great season so far and long may it last.

Indeed not a great performance but a good result. Another similar against UTD and and we are in it.

I do think we look a lot more comfortable with Warnock left and Young right.

We look solid enough at the back with today's quartet, but they don't offer anything like the attacking threat.

That's absolutely right. With the level we are trying to reach we can't have fullbacks who are just good defensively.

Quite happy with a point, disapointing stuff to watch though. Especially with Man City Losing.

Downing has been poor IMO for a while now after having been pretty good when he first came into the team.

Carew, whats with the constant stupid flick/back heal shots?? I don't know whats happened to him but i'd rather Fonz given a chance.

Brad & the defence - 8

Rest - 5

Lets get things into perspective here, by the sound of it some of you want us to go back to the days of DOL!

for every action, there is a reaction, and then not long afterwards there will be an overreaction on villa talk...

Its not Downing himself, but a comination of what he and Heskey does to our side.

We are , sorry we were , a fast counter attacking side. A side that could and usually did break from our own box to their box in about 10 seconds with Young and Milner, with Petrov and NRC / whoever prtoecting.

However, since Milner has come inside, Downing is just not quick enough, either in legs or mind - our midfield has slowed to walking pace, and it has nulified our best asset.

If he does want to play this system, then you need to get Downing out and get in someone like Albrighton.

But it won't happen, and that is why we will finish 8th.

Yes we are still 2 points from Spurs. However, up to last week, Spurs had won one in 8 - now it is 2 in 10. When teams around you have runs like that, you need to capitalise - we haven't.

And the team that has - even with today - Everton. They were over 20 points behind us early december. It happened last year - it's happening this year - and it is bloody frustrating !

Utterly woeful attacking performance , just lucky Dunne was absolutely superb.

Since Heskey / Downing have come into our side we have beome route one boring Villa.

I cannot believe you have a midfield that includes Milner and Young , nd what do you do, hoof the ball over their heads.

It is no co-incidence that since the Man U game on Dec. 5th (which I think was Downings 2nd game, and Heskey played about 2 weeks before - we have become dull, hoofers.

We have lost to Arsenal, lost to Liverpool, drew to Arsneal, drew to West Ham, drew to Spurs and beat Fulham.

But yet again , MON has buggered around with a winning formula and is now to stubborn to admit it is wrong.

Only good thing, I thought we'd get pasted today - luckily Dunne and Cueller stopped that happening.

Those 2 goals last week for Gabby could be the worst thing that happened to us, because if MON was 50/50 whether we needed a forward before that, he made his decision that we didn't need one - and it will cost us.

Kevin Keegan just summed it up - that is our strongest side , the teams around is all have their big players to return.

Content with a point - yes, but the performance was attrocious - and its getting very regular now.

you couldnt have been watching the same games as me, Since Carew has been injured and Heskey came in we've played much better football and more so with Downing getting fit, Heskey has a decent first touch and whether rightly or wrongly, he is always looking to pass to a team mate, Carew on the other hand seems to have a great ability now of knocking the ball miles away from a team mate despite cleanly winning the ball in front of defenders.

Your blinded by something, don't know what it is but i think we've put in some decent performances in the games you've mentioned, and good performances against Arsenal and West Ham at home.

I'll guarentee that MON buys a striker in the summer, regardless of how he say's he's happy. He spent his budget for this year on building our best defence in my memory. and can happily spend £20 mill on Strikers.

Lets get things into perspective here, by the sound of it some of you want us to go back to the days of DOL!

for every action, there is a reaction, and then not long afterwards there will be an overreaction on villa talk...

I thought that was an overreaction to a non existant point as well. The general consensus is it was a good defensive performance, poor attacking wise and in the end pleased with the point. Not many people are complaining yet someone has to pretend that they are. It's strange and happens a lot!