LC: Final vs Man Utd Travel

limpid

I would try and get as far as the tube network. Any trains going through High Wycombe having left Brum would, i presume, be absolutly heaving. Watford Junction is the start of the overground line direct to Wembley Central, but i have no idea what the parking is like, if theres much and how much they charge.

Getting the train down on the sunday morning from Snow Hill, if we want to get food before game, where is best to go especially with the travel problems, like i know this is kinda social question but im looking for places :P like areas easy to get to

Any idea of where would be good to park as we're going to drive most of the way? Presumably quite a way away and get tube or train? Maybe even High Wycombe?
I usually park up at Hillingdon. Straight tube to Wembley from there

Getting the train down on the sunday morning from Snow Hill, if we want to get food before game, where is best to go especially with the travel problems, like i know this is kinda social question but im looking for places :P like areas easy to get to

There's a McDonalds near Snow Hill that is (according to their website) open at 5am.

That's where I'm starting my day of drinking copious amounts of alcohol and eating crap.

Not sure if it's been posted but...

A heads up on travel from London; planned closures on Jubilee and Metropolitan mean no Tubes running to Wembley Park on the weekend (as far as I can tell). Best bet looks like Bakerloo to Wembley Central.

TFL Service Report

Wembley Directions

Metropolitan is only closed between Moorgate and Aldgate on Sunday according to that!

Any idea of where would be good to park as we're going to drive most of the way? Presumably quite a way away and get tube or train? Maybe even High Wycombe?

Thats what ive done in the past, and will be doing this time.

Thats what ive done in the past, and will be doing this time.

Same, is there loads of parking at Hillingdon and is it expensive?

Not sure if it's been posted but...

A heads up on travel from London; planned closures on Jubilee and Metropolitan mean no Tubes running to Wembley Park on the weekend (as far as I can tell). Best bet looks like Bakerloo to Wembley Central.

TFL Service Report

Wembley Directions

Metropolitan is only closed between Moorgate and Aldgate on Sunday according to that!

Had been looking at the weekend as a whole. Drilling into Sunday shows that you are right. Back on track!

I was one of the people who booked the 8.43 train for Moor Street direct to Wembley. However, I've noticed that the timetables have changed (which I haven't been notified of either!) and after a discussion with Chiltern, they're now telling me my ticket is valid for the first service from New Street which will be arriving at Wembley at 11.11am, and that there is no 8.43 service from Moor Street at all.

Just thought I'd post this encase anyone else was unsure as I was!

Nice, so no service form Euston Square to Wembley, surely this isn't right. All trains from Manc and some from Brum end up at Euston, and that leaflet the transport police issued told everyone to from Euston Square to Wembley Park.

Just get the London Overground service to Wembley Central and walk to the stadium. It usually leaves from platform 9 every 20 mins and takes around 20 mins also

Thats what I will do and nearly always do when going to Wembley, infact i think i may even be driving as far as Watford by a mate, so it won't affect me. It's just bizarre they have done this when the transport police etc have said to do it that way. It also now means Watford Junction will be heaving if all the mancs are changing there.

I wouldn't worry, the majority of manure fans will be coming from east/south london :winkold:

That would be nice seeing as I have to do the return journey using the train. How on earth am I supposed to keep a straight face for 2 hours after we win!

Nice, so no service form Euston Square to Wembley, surely this isn't right. All trains from Manc and some from Brum end up at Euston, and that leaflet the transport police issued told everyone to from Euston Square to Wembley Park.

Just get the London Overground service to Wembley Central and walk to the stadium. It usually leaves from platform 9 every 20 mins and takes around 20 mins also

Thats what I will do and nearly always do when going to Wembley, infact i think i may even be driving as far as Watford by a mate, so it won't affect me. It's just bizarre they have done this when the transport police etc have said to do it that way. It also now means Watford Junction will be heaving if all the mancs are changing there.

I wouldn't worry, the majority of manure fans will be coming from east/south london :winkold:

That would be nice seeing as I have to do the return journey using the train. How on earth am I supposed to keep a straight face for 2 hours after we win!

After the 94 win there was one man u fan on the train back, dressed in all his colours with a man u flag, priceless!

Anyone getting the official train from Witton to Wembley?

That's all still okay?

Also, will there be parking at Villa Park (around the area) because I'll be driving my car there before boarding the official train.

I was one of the people who booked the 8.43 train for Moor Street direct to Wembley. However, I've noticed that the timetables have changed (which I haven't been notified of either!) and after a discussion with Chiltern, they're now telling me my ticket is valid for the first service from New Street which will be arriving at Wembley at 11.11am, and that there is no 8.43 service from Moor Street at all.

Just thought I'd post this encase anyone else was unsure as I was!

They hadnt told no-one, luckily we found out before we went to moor st on the sunday, we are now getting the 9:10 from snow hill to marylebone