LC: Final vs Man Utd Travel

limpid

If you hurry up you can get two singles for £3 each way on megabus from Birmingham to London Victoria for the cup weekend....we booked so early though that we got a single for £1...

Don't book a train with chiltern, they are rip off, prices gone up to £40 now. Your best bet is megabus for cheapest, it's more expensive to go from Aston to Birmingham city centre in a taxi than it is to get to London on megabus.

Megabus is basically a coach that offers cheap fares...www.megabus.com - I'm going on the Saturday, leaving at 2, arriving at 5, got a single for £1 (no £1 singles left, only £3 singles left) and coming back sunday at 9.30pm for £3. Found a cheap hotel for £35 splitting 3 ways so only spent about £16 for travel and accomodation.

Quick bit of info. Chiltern Railways currently have return to London for £19.50 or £23.50 including London travel. This leaves brum at 8.40 and gets in at quarter to 11 and leaves at 7 and back by 9.

All other trains have sold out advance tickets and it looks like £69 is the cheapest return on the trains.

Cheap options on coach but takes twice as long. Hope this helps.

Megabus is basically a coach that offers cheap fares...www.megabus.com - I'm going on the Saturday, leaving at 2, arriving at 5, got a single for £1 (no £1 singles left, only £3 singles left) and coming back sunday at 9.30pm for £3. Found a cheap hotel for £35 splitting 3 ways so only spent about £16 for travel and accomodation.

Megabus ftw.

Quick bit of info. Chiltern Railways currently have return to London for £19.50 or £23.50 including London travel. This leaves brum at 8.40 and gets in at quarter to 11 and leaves at 7 and back by 9.

All other trains have sold out advance tickets and it looks like £69 is the cheapest return on the trains.

Have they sold out as all I can find is the 32.50 tickets.

Megabus ftw.

Indeed, megabus only takes 40 minutes longer than Chiltern trains and is a minute fraction of the price. It's your cheapest option unless you want to walk.

Only thing i would say about this is, 7 o'clock is cutting it fine. If the villa win you probably wont be getting out of the ground till well after 5. The tube will be so busy, probably have to wait a bit, then to get across to one of the train stations could take some time (dont know which station the train leaves/or travel time from wembley to station) We were thinking of doing the same but thought it would be to close to call.

We are returning at 9.30 so we can have a few drinks after. When I went with Torquay (only about 20k attendance) it took so long to get away from the ground, the tubes were packed and we were penned in on Wembley way for about 30 mins with everyone behind us pushing it wasn't very comfortable, and will take a while to get out of the ground itself. Imagine Villa Park. x 2 and a bit

Be sure to plan your time after the game, you probably won't make a 7pm train back. We made this mistake for West Ham too and had to argue with the ticket inspector for ages as we were kept in a queue at Upton Park station for about an hour then the train was late and took 45 mins to Euston. We missed the train by 30 mins and were told to pay again...fook that

Chiltern Railway: B'ham (Snow Hill or Moor Street >> Marylebone)

Super Off Peak RTN - Circa £21

As its weekend it classes as off peak so you are not restricted to any strict times. You may have to gte into London anytime after 1.30pm but thats fine (if you go on the saturday) then you can come back anytime you wnat. The ticket is also valid for a month so you can return home anytime within a month.

If we win the cup I may well spend the next few weeks celebrating in London!! :lol:

As luck would have it, I'm in London for work the week preceding the final. Pushed my flight back to the morning of March 1st. Trying to get a ticket (just need one), but it might still be pretty good to meet up at a pub near Wembley with a big Villa contingent.

Jammy Bastard!!

Isn't Chiltern railways the one that runs right next to Wembley. As in Wembley overground station. I could have sworn they do direct trains back on match days from that station, it does get very busy, but they have the queues well sorted and the station is at the very most 15 minutes from leaving your seat.

is it beyond foolish to consider driving down? I know already it would be an almost certain nightmare tryin to find somewhere to park but has anyone on here tried it before?

the missus said she'd drive too which means I can still have a drink, bonus!

Parking

Wembley is a Public transport Venue. There is no Parking at the stadium. A resident’s permit scheme operates in the local area on Stadium event days. Only cars with official Wembley stadium car park passes or resident’s permits will be allowed to park in the area. The local council has stated that illegally parked cars will be issued with large parking fines and towed away.

A number of helpful pointers to assist those making their own way to the stadium can be found at the official website.

http://www.wembleystadium.com

Park and Train/Tube

A limited number of guaranteed, secure parking spaces is available at a number of London Underground car parks a short tube ride from Wembley stadium for certain events. To guarantee your space, please book in advance via the NCP website, available by clicking the link below:

www.ncpwembleyparking.co.uk

This link only has football matches on though !

Hope that helps !