LC: Final vs Man Utd Travel

limpid

Bought two Super Off Peak returns with Chiltern from Moor Street. According to their website they'll be running extra trains from Snow Hill. Received tickets and they say from Birmingham Stations to Wembley Stadium, so is it possible to leave from either Moor Street or Snow Hill?

Also, I don't know whether this is true but I've heard that if you catch the train to Wembley after 9.15am on the day of the final from Moor Street, it's direct to Wembley, and no change. When I booked online it said one change, at Gerrards Cross. Anyone else come across this?

Your on the same train as me and quite a few others... what time does your's depart?

To answer your questions... yes you can depart from either Moor Street or Snow Hill station in Birmingham and.. as far as i'm aware we will have to change once to get on a different line into Wembley Station. But if we don't.. hey-ho, even better!

Seeing as our tickets can be used at either Snow Hill or Moor Street, i'm going to go to Snow Hill, thats where it starts and moves onto Moor Street afterwards. Better chance of getting on and even getting a seat that way!

Hi all, I currently have 6 coach tickets for sale for the cup final on 28th feb

3 coach tickets travelling from Ringwood near Bournemouth to London Victoria leaving at 8.40am on Sunday 28th Feb and arriving at 10.40am on Sunday 28th Feb.

And 3 tickets travelling from London Victoria to Southampton Coach Station leaving at 10pm on Sunday 28th Feb and arriving 12.10am on Monday 29th Feb.

All tickets are with National Express and can be brought and used individually or as a group.

I brought the tickets for myself and my cousin but have now decided to drive so dont need them anymore.

Just give me a PM if you are interested or want any more details.

PS im looking for £3 per ticket but if the tickets are not sold by thursday 25th feb i will be giving them away to the first person interested.

I AM THE WEMBLEY TRAVEL FAIRY GODMOTHER!!!!

I booked a £1 MEGATRAIN from London to Birmingham (Euston to Newstreet) on the Monday at 12.03pm. HOWEVER I have to go the US Embassy to get a visa soon and guess what, they booked my interview for TUES 2nd March (typical), so theres no point getting train back then down then back again so I've just booked one on the Tues (for £3 this time).

So if anyone wants a FREE travel seat from London to Birmingham on MONDAY 1st MARCH, let me know.

Going to be interesting policing this.... (taken from National Rail website)

Alcohol Ban because of the Carling Cup Final on Sunday 28 February 2010

At the request of the British Transport Police (under Railway Byelaw 4.2), alcohol is forbidden on trains to or from London Euston, London Marylebone and all Wembley stations. This ban applies on Sunday 28 February and is because of the Carling Cup Final football match. Alcohol will be confiscated by the Police when passengers enter the station

Anyone travelling down from manc.

Doing some research atm, i may have to borrow my flat mates UTD shirt and get one of their supporters buses down then when i get there switch to my Villa shirt.

GRIM

Doubt it, I bet there is more Villa fans travelling down from Manc than glory hunters. Most of them live down south!

For **** sake, can't believe they are able to ban people from drinking on the trains. This will be the reason why half our fans opted for the train and now at the last minute they announce this.

Just take a flask with something in it. Im taking cans and hiding them but have a back up just incase.

Doing some research atm, i may have to borrow my flat mates UTD shirt and get one of their supporters buses down then when i get there switch to my Villa shirt.

GRIM

I am, but am getting a train down on the saturday.

You could just get the supporters bus in a Norwich scarf :D . Better than wearing anything ManUre.

^ agreed re: Transport police - absolute rocket polishers the lot of them.

Has anyone else got a ticket from Moor Street for Sunday morning? As the latest timetable on the Chiltern website says that there are no trains stopping at Moor Street early that morning, it appears they are only going from Snow Hill and not stopping at MS according to the timetable.

Anyone aware of this? Would I be able to hop on at Snow Hill instead with my ticket? Chiltern website also states that no alcohol will be allowed on the trains :cry:

If that is the case, buy a ticket on the day which is valid from Snow Hill to Moor Street and then just get on at Snow Hill. Will probably cost you about £1. Otherwise you won't get through the barriers at snow hill.

What berriers at snow hill? I went on the London line from there for Arsenal away and we walked straight onto the platform.

GRIM

I am, but am getting a train down on the saturday.

You could just get the supporters bus in a Norwich scarf :D . Better than wearing anything ManUre.

Haha good idea.

Ive managed to wrangle a lift with some UTD fans so i'll get a free ride down which is a huge bonus considering i'm skint.