• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 57)

Thought we played well and on another day would have run out comfortable winners.

Petrov was immense, Downing had a very good game and carried the ball and passed it well. I also thought Heskey had a good game and was far more involved than Carew who did **** all when he came on. Gabby should have had at least one goal today and his failings in front of goal cost us.

Everyone gave 100% again.

Overall disappointed with the result but pleased with the performance.

Pretty much how I saw it.

It was a frustrating game, but I can't understand all the negativity personally. If Gabby's finishing was on form we would have won comfortably. As it was, he missed a few glorious chances and West Ham had something to hold onto. We created enough chances to win that game, but we didn't.

We lacked invention, but West Ham did 'park the bus', even the 'big' teams struggle against such tactics sometimes.

I read all this 'We've no chance of the top 4 because of this result' as an overreaction. Plenty of teams have dropped points this weekend and will do as the season continues.

I felt the overall performance was decent, I must be in the minority on here.

Richard Dunne for president.

Pretty much how I saw it too PV

To me and everyone else around us too. Defo need something up front because there were chances a begging!

MON did the one that was needed, taking Heskey off as he was offering about as much as a blind man driving a grand prix car

Really, again i thought he threaded up a lot of our better play, granted he can't do 90 mins these days but did his replacement/everybodies hero Big John offer anything more? No he offered **** all but still gets wan*ed over

Definitely agree with that. When Carew came on I gave a sigh cos I knew that big lump offers no more than Heskey does, and our style of play wouldn't improve one bit. In fact, he looks half the player Heskey does at the moment.

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you, but just because Carew is playing like dog turd, doesn't mean we should be happy Heskey is playing like vomit !

They are both bloody awful (the only thing I will say is one his day Carew is unplayable. However those days used to be one in five, it's now, at best one in ten), heskey will never have his day, his link up play ? , sorry, if we want a link man, put NRC in the centre and put Milner in the whole. I said before today, and you can use today, name me one chance we had of the many many many, that Heskey was directly involved in. Not a lot !

We need better

The negativity doesn't for me come down to our performance, it was okay really, another day we might of won the game 2/3-0 but it was the lack of susbsitutions to try and find the goal. Although we had good chances, we weren't creating them regularely and it was a sense of "goal coming". I just don't know why we didn't try anything. Delph on, Delfouneso on etc...

It was a frustrating game, but I can't understand all the negativity personally. If Gabby's finishing was on form we would have won comfortably. As it was, he missed a few glorious chances and West Ham had something to hold onto. We created enough chances to win that game, but we didn't.

We lacked invention, but West Ham did 'park the bus', even the 'big' teams struggle against such tactics sometimes.

I read all this 'We've no chance of the top 4 because of this result' as an overreaction. Plenty of teams have dropped points this weekend and will do as the season continues.

Thank you PompeyVillain

The negativity doesn't for me come down to our performance, it was okay really, another day we might of won the game 2/3-0 but it was the lack of susbsitutions to try and find the goal. Although we had good chances, we weren't creating them regularely and it was a sense of "goal coming". I just don't know why we didn't try anything. Delph on, Delfouneso on etc...

This too for me, my main frustration is the lack of trying something else. yes some of the players didn`t play wonderfully but we did put them on the back foot. When the goals not coming you do have to try something else to make it come.

yep, the last 20 minutes or so was the most frustrating. we had started the 2nd half well, carew had had his goal disallowed, we had loads of possesion, corners, set piece etc

but then we visibly tired after 70 mins, especially milner who was dead on his feet. it was crying out for fresh players to come on and keep up the pressure, provide a different threat and really push for the winner. MON did nothing, we lost the initiative and west ham were able to see out the game

then after the game he said that the players were tired? i wasnt pleased to here him come out with that

Seems to be a bit of a downer on Carew, I thought he played splendidly when he was on the pitch... Some really good flick-ons and pressure (unfortunate to be offside for his goal...). Gabby on the other hand really really needs to learn how to shoot, it's all well and good having your Heskey's and Carew's for flick ons pressuring the keeper into mistakes etc. but when you don't have a decent finisher (Gab was woeful today, Bent would have had a hat-trick or at least two goals from those opportunities) to capitalise on these bits of work there really is no point.

Carew 7.5.

i thought there would be a few moans about the ref, he obviously didnt sway the game either way as fortunately he had no real decisions to make (carew was miles off) but i thought he was piss poor, there were a few bad moments -

the west ham quick free kick from about 25 yards away from the foul that sent them on a break

the break that we had on that he stopped for a blatant bit of play acting

someone who watched it on tv might prove me wrong but after the sub and another daft "injury" theres no way we played 4 mins

the way he twice made upson run half the pitch so he could witness a player being booked

it was almost like he needed a breather and kept trying to slow the game down after every foul while he titted about (ironically the only one he didnt mess about with was my 1st point)

Thank you PompeyVillain

Yep, tyPV

Thank you PompeyVillain

Yep, tyPV

Sums up my feelings pretty much. Not sure about decent though, probably average but all the outfield players did play on Thurs even if some of them had a two week break.

I was very disappointed with our corners today, what was it, 15?

I thought after the 5th or 6th we might change it up, try a short one, change the taker but we kept plugging away with the same routine.

Considering it's one of our strengths, we wasted our chances.

I thought after the 5th or 6th we might change it up, try a short one, change the taker but we kept plugging away with the same routine.

I thought the delivery for most of them was quite good. It was the finishing that was the problem! If Dunne had the same chances Collins had today, he'd have had a hat-trick.

wat a load of bollox, then i wake up to talk of o'neill and fans havin a row.. **** me, this will end in **** poxy tears.. im so angry and disappointed its unreal....

why start cuellar at RB at home against west ham??? wtf??

if chelsea want heskey let them have him, get sturridge or kakuta on loan or somethin...

**** bullshit,

**** me i hate football right now

I thought the delivery for most of them was quite good. It was the finishing that was the problem! If Dunne had the same chances Collins had today, he'd have had a hat-trick.

The delivery was good but it wasn't working. I actually gave up thinking we could score from a corner, nothing was happening from them.

Agreed. I just never had the feeling we'd score from one.

What was wrong with the goal, by the way? I missed MotD so didn't know why it was disallowed or whether it was te correct decision?

Carew was well offside. :(