• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 57)

Have to say, I'm shocked so many people thought Dowining had a good game! I admit he looked eager to cut in and make things happen, and he knocked a couple of half-decent crosses over, but any good that he did was completely ruined by the number of times he gave the ball away so cheaply.

Sitting in the lower Holte, it seemed to me that he made at least 5 misplaced passes, but maybe I need to watch the game back on TV.

As for Petrov, I can see why people often think he's played well. He's comfortable on the ball, does a bit of tidying up in front of the defence and draws plenty of fouls to relieve the pressure. However, as someone who has played centre mid for years, I know it's much easier to look good on the ball when you spend most the game hanging back and reserving energy, waiting for the ball to come to you.

collins to be was really really poor he made so many mistakes and we are lucky we didnt get punished today. i still say that he is our weakest cb out of the four. ashley youngs crossing was so dire today.

and gabbys gone back to his january til end of season dire finishing. he should have won it and was so poor for that effort in last minute. had that been defoe he would ahve buried that and won the 3 points. we wont qualify for top four unless mon gets a top class striker with proving scoring

a goal for today, would have given credit to what was a piss poor performance.

There were so many errors all over the park, that a goal would have negated the clear deficiencies of our play.

Have to say, I'm shocked so many people thought Dowining had a good game! I admit he looked eager to cut in and make things happen, and he knocked a couple of half-decent crosses over, but any good that he did was completely ruined by the number of times he gave the ball away so cheaply.

Sitting in the lower Holte, it seemed to me that he made at least 5 misplaced passes, but maybe I need to watch the game back on TV.

As for Petrov, I can see why people often think he's played well. He's comfortable on the ball, does a bit of tidying up in front of the defence and draws plenty of fouls to relieve the pressure. However, as someone who has played centre mid for years, I know it's much easier to look good on the ball when you spend most the game hanging back and reserving energy, waiting for the ball to come to you.

you are not on your own, but then I don't favour 3 wingers in the side.

collins to be was really really poor he made so many mistakes and we are lucky we didnt get punished today. i still say that he is our weakest cb out of the four. ashley youngs crossing was so dire today.

and gabbys gone back to his january til end of season dire finishing. he should have won it and was so poor for that effort in last minute. had that been defoe he would ahve buried that and won the 3 points. we wont qualify for top four unless mon gets a top class striker with proving scoring

What, like he did so many times against Hull yesterday? Granted it was a poor finish, the should've just hit it first time.

you are not on your own, but then I don't favour 3 wingers in the side.

You class Milner as a winger don't you? I wouldn't agree with that to be honest, and I think Stan and Milner can work in some games but today wasn't one of them.

MON obviously knows the level Delph is currently at, but I just think he could have replaced Stan in the second half and changed the shape of the game - 2 centre mids who can cover every blade of grass. Or go with 5 in the middle.

Either way, to me it was obvious we needed to change it because our football was appalling. Doesn't mean we would have scored with Gabby playing the way he was, but at least it might have made it more exciting to watch.

Hmmm slight overreaction by some and good points by others!

I was disappointed not to win this game but I'm not going to start slagging everyone and everything off as if we have lost 5-0.

My MOTM was Downing, played some very good cross field balls to Young, picked up the loose ball and was all over the pitch. Milner had a bit of an off game, when he's having a good game he is unplayable today he looked tired. I did hope to see Delph or Delfonseo on after 75mins we needed something else adding to the team and these 2 may have been able to add something!

Finally just to say to the guy sitting behind me in Lower Holte L7 row L you were a complete and utter word removed! Booing at half time wasn't necessary and your opinions were so stupid, bet it was your 1st game ever at VP, I hate people like that!

MON did the one that was needed, taking Heskey off as he was offering about as much as a blind man driving a grand prix car

Really, again i thought he threaded up a lot of our better play, granted he can't do 90 mins these days but did his replacement/everybodies hero Big John offer anything more? No he offered **** all but still gets wan*ed over

MON did the one that was needed, taking Heskey off as he was offering about as much as a blind man driving a grand prix car

Really, again i thought he threaded up a lot of our better play, granted he can't do 90 mins these days but did his replacement/everybodies hero Big John offer anything more? No he offered **** all but still gets wan*ed over

Definitely agree with that. When Carew came on I gave a sigh cos I knew that big lump offers no more than Heskey does, and our style of play wouldn't improve one bit. In fact, he looks half the player Heskey does at the moment.

Definitely agree with that. When Carew came on I gave a sigh cos I knew that big lump offers no more than Heskey does, and our style of play wouldn't improve one bit. In fact, he looks half the player Heskey does at the moment.

Blimey one person that agrees with me, well not me but that Heskey offers something.....35,621 to go now!

Blimey one person that agrees with me, well not me but that Heskey offers something.....35,621 to go now!

Don't get me wrong though, I think they probably both need replacing! That said, some of Heskey's link-up play lately has been top notch. It's just a shame he doesn't score. But then neither does anyone else.

Don't get me wrong though, I think they probably both need replacing! That said, some of Heskey's link-up play lately has been top notch. It's just a shame he doesn't score. But then neither does anyone else.

I also agree, Heskey's link up play and playing of late has been good he looks interested in the game which sometimes Carew doesn't! However neither of them look like scoring!

What, like he did so many times against Hull yesterday? Granted it was a poor finish, the should've just hit it first time.

Thats it, the main difference about us today and Spurs yesterday was that the Hull GK had to make a hat full of top class saves. Green didn`t have to make many at all today.

P.S I agree Heskey is better than Carew.

as beasley says it was down to keeper saves gabby was woeful in front of goal. he looked like a headless chicken just running and too scared to shoot. this is a repeat of last season, starts on fire then come january he loses confidence and cant score to save his life.

i can see us struggling if he continues like this as mon wont say anyone in january and we are screaming for a striker

Seven hours have passed and I'm still waiting for you guys to live up to that promise to "score in a minute" - I got tired of waiting and had to go home in the end! Also wondering what happened to "shall we win a game for you?" :lol:

Two points dropped today, we needed the 3 because of the other top 4th spot clubs dropping points, we were at home against a relegation side.

Not many positives today, the game went away from us and we seemed to run out of idea`s. Gabby and Ashley Young were very poor considering how they are both looking towards South Africa.

A point is better than the Liverpoo result, (late winner) but these dropped home points all add up come May.

Lets hope we don`t go backwards on Wednesday.

Come on lads, Wembley becons.

It was a frustrating game, but I can't understand all the negativity personally. If Gabby's finishing was on form we would have won comfortably. As it was, he missed a few glorious chances and West Ham had something to hold onto. We created enough chances to win that game, but we didn't.

We lacked invention, but West Ham did 'park the bus', even the 'big' teams struggle against such tactics sometimes.

I read all this 'We've no chance of the top 4 because of this result' as an overreaction. Plenty of teams have dropped points this weekend and will do as the season continues.

I felt the overall performance was decent, I must be in the minority on here.

Richard Dunne for president.

Pretty much how I saw it too PV

They parked the bus, defended well but we lacked a spark and something different.

I'm not too sure who else was on the bench but i'd have thought these sort of games are the difference to finishing 4th or 5th to finishing 6th or 7th by converting the 1 point into 3.

As we are at home surely it would have been worthwhile throwing some one like Delfounso on or Albrighton for the last 20 minutes and taking a defender off and going for it... losing 1 point if they score a late goal wouldn't have exactly mattered in the great scheme of things, however if it would have turned into 3 would make a greater mark on our season.