The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Fury Usyk not selling in the USA apparently,  probably a timing thing. Reckon it will be a great fight, it certainly involves the best two heavyweight boxers in the world atm hopefully they will both be on top of their game and avoid any injuries or cuts......which is how I think Fury could lose the fight, needs to keep Usyk at distance with his jab, if he gets drawn in then he's playing Usyk's game 

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Fury Usyk not selling in the USA apparently,  probably a timing thing. Reckon it will be a great fight, it certainly involves the best two heavyweight boxers in the world atm hopefully they will both be on top of their game and avoid any injuries or cuts......which is how I think Fury could lose the fight, needs to keep Usyk at distance with his jab, if he gets drawn in then he's playing Usyk's game 

Just before John Fury did his antics Tyson left the arena with a crutch. I strongly suspect this is some kind of media gimmick also 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just before John Fury did his antics Tyson left the arena with a crutch. I strongly suspect this is some kind of media gimmick also 

Playing mind games with Usyk? it ain't gonna work is it,  Usyk's country is at war so the Furys games ain't gonna matter. Fury needs to bring it to the ring in this one, Usyk is the real deal and Fury and his team know it.

• Like 1

You just never know with boxing (for many reasons) but I suspect this will be the last we see of Fury as a top level boxer.

He made very hard work of Ngannu (should have lost) and the Joshua went on to wipe the floor with him. 

Whilst Fury didn’t seem to train as well as he should have done there was quite a stark difference between the 2 fights.

Usyk is motivated to win the belts, I don’t think Fury has the same desire anymore.

I’m saying Usyk by ko 6-9 rounds.

It depends which Fury turns up (by that, I don't mean his dad). 

IF fury is in good shape and has trained properly and IF he's mentally up for it, I think he wins. He's just be too big and has the skills and hand speed to get to Usyk where others haven't.  

We know that Usyk will be on his A game.  

I can't look past the Cunningham fight without noting he's struggled with speedy little guys before and I just feel Usyk is all wrong for Fury. I want Fury to win. I think Usyk has his number.

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Interestingly, 15% of all bets placed so far are on a draw

Been mentioned in the media, I think because a rematch is already in the contract.

10 hours ago, T-Dog said:

That John Fury thing - I dunno who's ever dropped a head or received one, I'm very sceptical, no bruising, your forehead doesn't split like that from a nut. I'm guessing he's cut himself there, none of it makes sense.

The bruising comes after an immediate cut. I don't know why anyone would think you cannot get cut from a headbutt or knock to the head..... of course you can. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tinker said:

Purely anecdotal: I don’t think Fury has ever been a big draw here. Seems like the heavyweights are more of a niche thing here these days. Obviously I haven’t polled 🇺🇸 boxing fans, but it seems that as a collective we generally are much, much more interested in the lower weight divisions. For whatever it’s worth

Big 🥊 but have no interest in paying to watch Fury

8 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Purely anecdotal: I don’t think Fury has ever been a big draw here. Seems like the heavyweights are more of a niche thing here these days. Obviously I haven’t polled 🇺🇸 boxing fans, but it seems that as a collective we generally are much, much more interested in the lower weight divisions. For whatever it’s worth

Big 🥊 but have no interest in paying to watch Fury

Is it some crazy price over there like $59.99 or something?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is it some crazy price over there like $59.99 or something?

Couldn’t tell you. Zero interest so haven’t bothered to check price 🤣

That said, probably more like $79.99 if other recent big fights  are any indication 

Just checked, since you asked: $69.99

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Shocked 2

17 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I can't look past the Cunningham fight without noting he's struggled with speedy little guys before and I just feel Usyk is all wrong for Fury. I want Fury to win. I think Usyk has his number.

Why? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Misogynist, sexist, homophobe.

That's your opinion. Not everyone else's. On the bright side, at least he's, in your opinion, not racist. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

23 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Interestingly, 15% of all bets placed so far are on a draw

Never had you has a conspiracy theorist.😉

I've said all along, I dont see it being a great fight. It's going to be interesting but the bigger man wins, for me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

The bruising comes after an immediate cut. I don't know why anyone would think you cannot get cut from a headbutt or knock to the head..... of course you can. 

Spoken like a veteran. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Never had you has a conspiracy theorist.😉

I've said all along, I dont see it being a great fight. It's going to be interesting but the bigger man wins, for me.

Good big un beats a good littlun is the rule.

With regard to the betting, in no particular order so I trust Hearn, the Saudi's,  Krassyuk or Warren 😆

Edited by Follyfoot

Â