The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Killer Kov back in action, can almost guarantee Mohammadi is getting knocked out in the this one.

He has unbelievable punch power, he doesnt even have to step into the punch and can throw them off balance and they are still damn powerful.

Not seen shocking punch power like that since Naz

I think this is a great point. I never really thought about the similarity between the two but it's actually quite obvious. Yes their styles are different, but Kovalev, like Naz, will hurt you with shots when he's off balance or his legs aren't set. 

Kovalev's knockdown of Hopkins wasn't that dissimilar to the shot that Naz stopped Kevin Kelley with.

• Like 1

Could Kovalev - Golovkin happen?

Too big a weight difference?

I've actually heard rumours in the past that they both used to spar (a few years ago now) and Golovkin was giving him the goods. However I think it's clear that the difference in size is too vast at this stage. Golovkin isn't really a big middleweight whilst Kovalev is a fully fledged light heavy. Both in the past have claimed that they can make 168lbs but I see it as unlikely.

Anyone remember on one the Hatton undercards a few years ago, there was a fight with Michell (West ham fan, forget first name) and some bald headed bloke and it was a brawl. Don't suppose anyone can remember that fight?

To be honest, I don't recall Kevin Mitchell ever fighting on a Hatton undercard. He fought Ricky Burns, a bald guy, a couple of years ago, can't really think of any other baldies he has fought!

Might not have been Hatton then in that case, thinking back, it could be ten years ago now

Anyone remember on one the Hatton undercards a few years ago, there was a fight with Michell (West ham fan, forget first name) and some bald headed bloke and it was a brawl. Don't suppose anyone can remember that fight?

Sounds like the Carl Johanneson fight which took place on the Haye-Maccarinelli card.

• Like 1

Sounds like the Carl Johanneson fight which took place on the Haye-Maccarinelli card.

Nice to see you back mate!

Thought you were dead!

Dillan Whyte looked pretty decent i know he was fighting a chump but that's all Joshua ever seems to fight

Haha this Tommy Coyle is a right brute love his style like a brawl down the local pub this is

Edited by AshVilla

Whyte smashed Joshua in the amateurs, Whyte vs Joshua is a great fight, I think Whyte has his number. The only other thing to have Joshua's number is a drugs test  :ph34r:

Can you elaborate on this?

Not exactly, as this is technically a 'public' forum. However, just anecdotally ( ;)) I'd say that he appears to be showing the signs of being a user of something similar to HGH, either that or he's simply the sort of genetic freak that has never, ever, been seen before in boxing, in terms of being his size yet being totally ripped to the bone. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Khan claims there have been talks RE him and Brook fighting next year, would love to see a card with those 2 and Degale v Groves but sense egos would get in the way and both would want to be last fight on in the night.

With those 4 and Quigg v Frampton and maybe Fury v Joshua down the line there are some really solid all British fights possible for 2016

Â