The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Yeah, I'm not sure he earned the TKO on Saturday. Should have been a technical decision really. He'd have won comfortably on points of course but he was so badly shaken in round 5 from that body shot that you have to ask serious questions. I like him though. He shares that level of vulnerability with guys like Amir Khan that it's always worth watching him fight.

Dunno where he goes next. Lots of names out there but he really needs to choose carefully. The real top guys in the division (Floyd, Manny, Kell) all beat him. He could go for supremacy in that second tier I guess, make some real money if he comes out on top.

Yeah, I'm not sure he earned the TKO on Saturday. Should have been a technical decision really. He'd have won comfortably on points of course but he was so badly shaken in round 5 from that body shot that you have to ask serious questions. I like him though. He shares that level of vulnerability with guys like Amir Khan that it's always worth watching him fight.

Dunno where he goes next. Lots of names out there but he really needs to choose carefully. The real top guys in the division (Floyd, Manny, Kell) all beat him. He could go for supremacy in that second tier I guess, make some real money if he comes out on top.

Hes at the same level as Kell imo.

Hes calling out Maidana, Khan atm

I'm not sure Floyd would want Brook. Too dangerous, not marketable enough. He'd be better off fighting Khan in my opinion.

I'm not sure Floyd would want Brook. Too dangerous, not marketable enough. He'd be better off fighting Khan in my opinion.

Khan is the better option but more dangerous for Floyd.

Khan would win more rounds than Brook would imo.

Whoever it is im hoping to fly out to vegas to see it

I'd be surprised if it was either of them two.

Did anyone see Flannagan on Saturday? I can't see how they can give him the belt after that, they said that the other dude he was fighting 'injured himself' I know its a technicallity but he should get a re-match as soon as he is ready however long it takes.

Perhaps on balance, but that win over Porter is way more significant than anything Thurman has ever done. Brook also holds the more significant belt whilst Thurman was gifted a paper title by virtue of being the intermin champ, he didn't actually beat a champion for his title.

I have no doubt in my mind that Brook beats Thurman. Brook is the better puncher because he's more accurate and can hurt you a lot more with the straighter, shorter shots, whereas Thurman's power isn't the same when he's shortening up his punches. I also feel that Brook has the much better jab and is generally the more technically sound and polished fighter. I hope they eventually fight. 

Perhaps on balance, but that win over Porter is way more significant than anything Thurman has ever done. Brook also holds the more significant belt whilst Thurman was gifted a paper title by virtue of being the intermin champ, he didn't actually beat a champion for his title.

I have no doubt in my mind that Brook beats Thurman. Brook is the better puncher because he's more accurate and can hurt you a lot more with the straighter, shorter shots, whereas Thurman's power isn't the same when he's shortening up his punches. I also feel that Brook has the much better jab and is generally the more technically sound and polished fighter. I hope they eventually fight.

Would be a good close fight.

I dont really rate either fighter though atm until they fight better names, i mean yes, Brook has looked good against Porter but thats all hes fought, the rest are bums.

I guess better retiring than getting smashed up by Golovkin. But in fairness, yes, definitely modern British great, most likely going to end up in the boxing hall of fame and one of the best super middleweights in history (although mainly down to the fact that it's a pretty young division, only being around for like 30 years).

A lot of names have been linked, from Khan all the way to Andre Berto (LOL).

Rumor has it he could be fighting on CBS (network TV) rather than PPV. I don't imagine a particularly competitive opponent will be chosen.

Whoever he picks, he will get slated anyway as usual, cherry pick etc etc

He deserves the right to pick whoever he wants, i do hope its Khan though

David Price was put into a **** coma, it's amazing how fast his decline has been, afew years ago he was fighting bums and tin cans and looked like he could hit like a truck, 2 fights against Thompson a load of easy fights in Germany and this looked like it was going to be a walk in the park, the man really can't fight on the inside got caught constantly in the first round and has no chin to speak of.

He should have pushed for a fight with Joshua, at least he would have made a couple of quid from that, Joshua wouldn't even entertain the thought of getting into the ring with him now

Â