The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

He probably should call it a day unless he can get an easy title shot. 

'AJ' up next, Kingpin is well past his prime and is thoroughly a journeyman nowadays, he fights with a journeyman mentality too but should give Joshua some rounds. He has a good chin, decent defence, but no real power or ambition. By rights he should get stopped, he likes to lay against the ropes a lot which means Joshua will likely punch through the 35 year old.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Well i keep hearing people say he needs to be tested over 12 rounds but there has been nobody out there capable of standing with him for more than 3

He is demolishing everything put in front of him 

It would help if they give him a live contender rather than tomato cans or ex contenders who are well over the hill and in their mid 30s, but maybe that's too much of a risk.

Wilder managed to fight bums 30 times before getting a shot against the much smaller Stiverne, I think the plan for Joshua is going to be similar. I'd wager that Wladimir will be retired before Joshua gets a title shot. 

Worst main event since Haye Harrison LOL

What a mis-match, glorified sparring session, at least that word removed got stopped.

Gavin was just there to survive, that coupled with his awkward style made things a little bit more tricky, but in the end got chopped down.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I can't see how anyone can take any pleasure in watching Joshua, the annoying thing is that the casual fan will eat it up, Joshua must be **** desperate to be put in with someone decent.

Not much to say about Brook and Gavin, waste of time from the first round, easy nights work for Brook and Gavin got exactly what he was expecting, I don't think that at any point since the fight wax announced Gavin actually believed he could win

• Like 1

I can't see how anyone can take any pleasure in watching Joshua, the annoying thing is that the casual fan will eat it up, Joshua must be **** desperate to be put in with someone decent.

Not much to say about Brook and Gavin, waste of time from the first round, easy nights work for Brook and Gavin got exactly what he was expecting, I don't think that at any point since the fight wax announced Gavin actually believed he could win

I'm a "casual" fan and don't want to watch a 12 round jab fest. I want to see a war. I want to see people getting K'dTFO. 

You aint seeing wars with Joshua though, you are seeing an easy sparring session, no chance of any blood or snot in his fights at the minute, he just lands a couple of big punches and the fight gets stopped, its more tedious than a 12 round jab fest if you ask me.

He's still a prospect though. He's being marketed as a champion but you are free not to buy into that.

Speculation: Joshua vs Haye. Who wins and why? I think I'd back AJ at this point.

He's still a prospect though. He's being marketed as a champion but you are free not to buy into that.

Speculation: Joshua vs Haye. Who wins and why? I think I'd back AJ at this point.

Joshua. He'd only have to hit him once and its good night Vienna. 

Â