The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Hatton didn't need the pay day he's very wealthy already, this loss will destroy him and Senchenko was far too big a test, he needed a more conventional tune up, i.e. against a bum. Hatton looked truly awful, sooo rusty and why was he head hunting so much??? He needed to work the body more as there was plenty to aim at with Senchenko's frame.

That cokehead Paulie must be just a gutted as there goes his big pay day.

That Guerrero vs Berto fight was very good.

The **** bell went in the final round and the ref stood back and let them fight for an extra 5 seconds in which Guerrero got 2-3 very good shots in. The ref only stopped it when someone ran in the ring and broke them up.

..because this entire thing is nothing more than a joke. Flintoff is arrogant enough to think he can try his hand at boxing and because there are enough people there to watch it, a host of people and a TV network have decided to get behind him and gas him up to the point where he thinks he can do something.

There's nothing good about this and it's making a mockery out of boxing. If he was actually serious about it he would spend a year in the amateurs learning and getting vital experience, but that just wouldn't be as marketable would it? So they're going to throw him in their with a bum and hope it'll work out, I just hope this bum has been boxing most of his life and is able to surgically dissect Flintoff's jaw.

It's all fun and games until you get punched in the face and as soon as that happens to 'Freddy' it's over, he looks awful on the pads and he will simply revert to type as soon as he's rocked, just like Cracknell did.

But Cracknell fought a cricketer, didn't he? Was the cricketer making a mockery of the sport too?

From what I have seen of Freddie, he seems pretty sincere about the fight. He certainly seems to be taking it seriously. He might never fight again after it, he certainly isn't going to do this for a living full time, but he is a professional athlete and a big bastard to boot (he is, what, 6'4"/6'5"?) and he should have decent power. Okay, the interest is hyped because of who he is, but lets not forget he was England's best all rounder since Botham and he captured the hearts of the nation in 2005 and people are always going to remember him for that. I cant see why that is any reason to want to see him get hurt though, your attitude (in a lot of posts in this thread actually) seems incredibly spiteful.

Â