The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

It probably will have an effect, he has fought at SMW before but that was a while ago so yes going down in weight very often doesn't work out, as we recently saw with Dawson. Not that a healthy Mack would have much of a chance anyway. Hopefully Froch can enjoy this one with fights against Adonis Stevenson, Bute, Kessler and maybe even Ward on the horizon.

Terrible cut that bellew picked up but this Argentinian he is fighting hasn't pressed on and took advantage at all, the commentators are right about him he looks pretty **** tricky to cop with a clean shot but bellew done the right thing by taking it slow and boxing sensibly, he can still get this stopped now though with two rounds to go

Broner looked pretty special against de marco.

Demarco just didn't have any answers he tried to keep the fight at distance and had no luck and when he went toe to toe he pretty much got marmalised by broner, think it was in the 5th when he got tagged by a bucket load of uppercuts, you knew then that there was no way it was going to go the distance.

And apart from a little victory dance after the fight was stopped Broner actually gave a pretty "normal" interview after the fight, no hair brushing, no fake proposals just a cocky interview.

I really like Broner in the ring I just wish he wasn't such a clearing in the woods out of it and sorted out his commitment issues, I think it was Steve bunce that said something along the lines of "for all of the comparisons between mayweather and broner, broner should spend a week with floyd to see how a champion lives outside of the ring" (that was obviously with reference to training and not throwing your money round and generally acting like a cock)

I agree, Broner was awesome against a world class lightweight, picture perfect performance, his speed and crisp punching was just exceptional. He definitely is the best talent in boxing off the back of that.

I don't see Bute wanting Froch after last nights demolition job, I think Froch should chase Kessler next, although the likelihood is that he;ll have to fight his mandatory Adnois Stevenson, a pretty dangerous boxer. Ward would school him again if they fought though.

Â