The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

the fights are taking place at 2 different venues price at aintree (I think) flintoff at MEN

they had to take into account that they are both being shown on the same channel and the Price fight could have gone 12 rounds, they cant turn around and say ''ok the freddie, Price has just sparked his man 1/2 hour before we were expecting so get out their right now''

with fights like this I always end up watching the crowd rather than the fight

there are 2 birds who are talking across 2 blokes and have not watched a second of the fight, even now they look like they have stopped talking but the one is not making any effort to look interested at all

That was a joke. He's not a boxer.

Fortunately for him Dawson looked like he'd rather be tucking in to a curry, and he still managed to catch Freddy.

You-Don-t-Say-.png

I didn't expect much really. He's not boxer and has only been training for a year?

He looked like a bum off the streets (Flintoff), I would thrown harder and straighter punches than that. Lucky for him the bum in front of him wasn't up to much either, although I did enjoy the knockdown.

The bottom line is that Flintoff has zero ability, his chin is always in the air, he can't throw any sort of punch, it's just winging slaps, no hooks, straight punches, nothing. He's going to get destroyed eventually if he doesn't quite whilst he's 'ahead'.

Absolute disgrace.

Time for a classic I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pn37_DEPOw&feature=g-u

Joe Frazier 29-0-0 (25 KO's) vs George Foreman 37-0-0 (34 KO's) for the heavyweight championship of the world.

Frazier's 5th defence of the title. He had been the first man to beat Muhammad Ali about a year earlier in the "fight of the century". Foreman was the bookies favourite going into the fight though. First bell is about eight minutes in (link)

Â