The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I'm sure he's taken the last few months seriously but LOL most pros spend a lot longer than that yet this guy is getting the sort of fast track and resources that should be going to people with talent that deserve it more.

As I say, if he'd have given it a year in the amateurs I'd have a lot more respect for him and may even back the guy but he hasn't, he's going for his first 'pro' fight at this stage because Sky have pushed it, otherwise the program wouldn't sell.

He's basically at the bottom of the barrel, trying to sustain the standard of living that cricket gave him, obviously the Jacamo adverts and that crap show on Sky that he's on aren't paying enough. It's just desperation rather than anything genuine.

As for wanting him to get hurt, well this ain't a tickling contest, it's either him or the bloke they've dragged in to fight him, and I'd much rather it be Flintoff than the person that has been in the sport for the right reasons. I guess next year it'll be 'Flintoff does darts'.

I don't get the hate for the Freddy fight, Iv always liked him, just seems like a top lad. Good luck to him, I wouldn't like to see him get KO'd at all.

I really worry for Hatton, he looks terrible and sounds like hes about to kill himself. Boxing has been his life and he doesn't know what to do without it, he needs some focus but if he has all that help around him and hes still like this I cant see this ending well at all.

This just popped up in my sub box.

Interesting fight just because of who the opponent was and who the referee (then seemingly an unknown) was.

Also, is it fair to say Holmes is one of the most under appreciated fighters of all time? Everybody will admit he is one of the greatest if asked, but nobody ever argues for him like they do for other heavyweights. The guy went 48-0 and was almost 36 before he tasted defeat, and that was to a prime Mike Spinks.

Holmes has the best jab ever for a heavyweight, he was also over the hill when he lost to Spinks. I can't think why he's under appreciated, maybe, and I'm just throwing it out there, because when he dominated the top competition wasn't really there. The division in the early 80s weren't exactly awash with talent and you could argue that his best wins in the 70s were against boxers who were past their primes.

I dunno, I personally appreciate Holmes a lot and he actually didn't do too badly in his return to the sport in the 90s, he went the distance with a prime Holyfield and didn't exactly get beat up. He also beat a prime Ray Mercer who was fresh from demolishing Tommy 'No Chin' Morrison.

Is the Flintoff fight just on Boxnation tonight? Seems a bit silly if it is, it's not a fight people would sign up to a channel for.

If so, any 's' words going? PM me if so..

I'm just hoping for a big knockout either way, just for laughs.

I don't get the hate for the Freddy fight, Iv always liked him, just seems like a top lad. Good luck to him, I wouldn't like to see him get KO'd at all.

I've never liked him, just seems like a clearing in the woods. Good luck to his opponent, I would LOVE to see him get KO'd.

:)

Why would you want that to happen?

Because FLintoff is a dick?
  • Like 1

Boxnation tomorra night 2am awesome

Just wondering, how many people on here actually subscribe to boxnation?

It's amazing how many people are on about subbscribing to it purely for the flintoff fight even though it is only 4 (I think) rounds, 6 max, but they don't seem to care

Oh and for the record I would like to see someone take flintoffs jaw off even though I like the bloke it would be bad for boxing if his "fast track" worked out for him

Flintoff is on after Price? LOL I really hope he gets demolished. Four TWO minutes rounds, what a joke.

Leemond- I don't bother with Box Nation, if I'm in the house when a box nation fight is on I tend to stream it. Also, you can find good quality uploads online of fights on HBO and Showtime the day after.

Flintoff is on after Price? LOL I really hope he gets demolished. Four TWO minutes rounds, what a joke.

Leemond- I don't bother with Box Nation, if I'm in the house when a box nation fight is on I tend to stream it. Also, you can find good quality uploads online of fights on HBO and Showtime the day after.

you surprise me pangloss I thought you would have had boxnation you seem to never miss a fight lol

I must admit I have got it and wouldn't be without it (cant always rely on stream's and I often stay up to watch the fight's live rather than wait till the following day) I am still not completely sold on it though, yes I get regular fights that interest me but it completely alienates the casual boxing fan, these days I have barely any one to talk to about the boxing because the fights they would have watched on sky sports are now exclusive to boxnation

I follow the boxing more than football these day's and the channel gives you a real good deal ''if'' you are a fan of boxing but unfortunately there are not that many people willing to pay £10 a month for it

Yeah I'm a cheap skate but the streams I get are pretty much always legit and work well so no need for it. Also it's funny because I also put boxing ahead of football nowadays, perhaps because of the betting element, I always did much better betting on boxing than football.

Sky have slashed their boxing budget and it's a shame that you don't get quality fights on ITV any more.

maybe not on ITV but you still get Tsyon Fury on channel 5 LOL

LOL I hate that guy. He's fighting Kevin Johnson isn't he? Johnson is actually a talented fighter, he went the distance with Vitali and didn't get hit much, good jab and good defensive skills. The downside is that he's a lazy sack of shit and probably hasn't trained hard for this one, probably also paid to take a dive.

I actually want Fury to win so he gets a shot against a Klitsckho next year and ends up getting retired via brutal KO.

People take the piss out of me because I make a point of watching Fury, I always have to explain the the bloke is like the Christopher Biggins of boxing, Price has said that there is quite possibly going to be a fight in the middle of next year between himself and Fury with a 50/50 split.

OOHHH big uppercut Hefron didn't go down but **** me he would have if the ref didn't stop it, he didn't know where he was

Â