The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Will it be worth watching? Senchenko lost to the Guido, don't forget.

I don't want to watch a Khan-like two round waltz against a washed up numpty.

Well he lost due to injury in that although was awful in that one. Paulie is a different type of fighter, so it's down to whether Senchenko can handle pressure. I think he has a chance of winning if he can ride the Hatton wave for the first 4-5 rounds. Big IF though.

For me the most popular of all time is Ali.

Really? He is popular now, but when he was fighting most of his country absolutely hated him. I dont think he ever had a passionate support until he fought Foreman.

Really? He is popular now, but when he was fighting most of his country absolutely hated him. I dont think he ever had a passionate support until he fought Foreman.

Overall I think he is. If we're talking about most popular when they were active then maybe the answer is different. Still Hatton wasn't exactly a world-wide star was he? Pacquiao is far much more a transcendent fighter than Hatton.

I'd say Hatton is a worldwide star. He is definitely a huge name in America, maybe not to Pacquiao's level (but then who is?) but I have just never known a boxer to have a fan base like Ricky Hatton has.

I love Paulie. Think he is a great fighter and an interesting guy. He was in great form on the radio the other night.

Buffer too. Dunno how a guy could get so rich for doing so little, but a big fight isnt the same without him.

Â