The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Of course Fury was always going to “win” this. They’ve already made millions selling his huge title fight against Usyk.

What’s worse is that they charged people £25+ for the privilege of watching this corrupt shite.

What’s even worse is that some people will have paid it.

• Like 1

Not watched it, saudi money-spin,  I'm just happy Franny got a **** load of money. His backstory is awesome.

And from reading the comments it looks like the least corrupt form of fighting entertainment is.....WWE

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Not watched it, saudi money-spin,  I'm just happy Franny got a **** load of money. His backstory is awesome.

And from reading the comments it looks like the least corrupt form of fighting entertainment is.....WWE

I'm actually still disgusted by the robbery. Lol

Francis was very humble in his fake " defeat " as well and that pissed me off even more.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

The scoring system in this sport needs changing, the fans often have a different opinion to the judges and it just causes frustration. Did Fury win on boxing terms? I honestly don't know, but to your average fan looking in Fury got beaten up a fair bit and didn't offer much the other way.

I fell asleep waiting for the fight to start every time I thought a song was about to end another one started. A farse of an event from what I gathered and watching highlights this morning. Imagine paying celebrities from every corner of the world to com watch a fixed match.  Usyk vs Fury is bound to happen in Saudi now. The man who lost to Dubois vs the man who lost to Ngannou.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm actually still disgusted by the robbery. Lol

Francis was very humble in his fake " defeat " as well and that pissed me off even more.

Nobody will call out the corruption in boxing unfortunately it’s like everyone knows but nobody cares . Money talks I guess.

• Like 1

What's arguably worse than the actual corruption here is the sad state of heavyweight boxing. 

Ngannou won the fight which means a guy who is a 20 fight mixed martial artist, in his first professional boxing match, at the age of 37, beat the heavyweight boxing champion of the world. It is unreal the lack of quality in the heavyweight division compared to past eras.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

What's arguably worse than the actual corruption here is the sad state of heavyweight boxing. 

Ngannou won the fight which means a guy who is a 20 fight mixed martial artist, in his first professional boxing match, at the age of 37, beat the heavyweight boxing champion of the world. It is unreal the lack of quality in the heavyweight division compared to past eras.

In fairness, I don't just want to put this down to " lack of quality ".

After all, Ngannou is a Martial Artist, and combat sport veteran. With an insane amount of power.

I genuinely think , based on what he showed yesterday, he has what it takes to be a proper heavyweight boxer.

He's obviously a very quick learner ( Was coached by Tyson for this ) and has that great equaliser.

And this was just his first fight.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, I don't just want to put this down to " lack of quality ".

After all, Ngannou is a Martial Artist, and combat sport veteran. With an insane amount of power.

I genuinely think , based on what he showed yesterday, he has what it takes to be a proper heavyweight boxer.

He's obviously a very quick learner ( Was coached by Tyson for this ) and has that great equaliser.

And this was just his first fight.

I am not doubting all of that mate and that he clearly has excelllent fighting qualities in a different discipline but he was up against one of the two best heavyweights in the whole world and in his first professional boxing match at the age of 37 he beat him. It is the kind of stuff if it happened in a Rocky film you'd think was a bit far fetched. 

I can't think of another era where this would have happened and it is purely because there is a real lack of quality in the division. Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Wilder would not have got anywhere near the level they have in the 70's/80's/90's and early 2000's. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Fury looked like he put very little effort in this camp, looks he was on a diet of macds and ice cream 

Looked abit fixed to me aa fury just looked like he couldnt be asked. The stats say fury landed more but i had ngannou winning it

One fonal thing the **** fragging of this fight with all the pre show shit. I **** hated that. No wonder why people are fed of this sport. They pay to watch boxing not dancers 

Â