• L Young
    • Friedel
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Reo-Coker 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 79)

Gutted

to much long ball and Downing and Milner need to come in side and get the bal more when we can;t get it to them

Dunne was good though and I thought NRC battled well.

Carew and Gabby not great at holdng it up and both should of scored. Them and Torres are the difference really for us making into a truly top side

I don't **** believe this. I really don't **** believe this.

Warnock is the new, left sided Delaney. Thanks for tripping over the grass.

Delaney was a quality player you monkey.

warnock played out of his skin tonight, if one player deserves some slack after the way he has played this season it is him.

FFS we were shit. Poor performance against arsenal, now this. We are a hit and hoof team and don't deserve 4th spot with performances like this.

This was a SIGNIFICANT improvement on the Arsenal performance.

In horrendous conditions, there was no shortage of skill, passion and desire to win. MON got the tactics spot on and made, I believe, the correct substitutions. He went to win the match and for the last 20 mins we had Liverpool petrified.

Spot on. It's not hard to not be better than the Arsenal game (that match lacked the endeavor we expect of this side), but we weren't bad in this game. We weren't fantastic either, but it was good enough and we deserved something. The difference between us and them was 1 class strike from a world class player, born of a lucky break. Speaks volumes.

Onwards and upwards.

You honestly thought that was good enough? If you do then I'm envious of you because life must always be good for you. You have some pretty low **** standards my friend.

Liverpool were poor and we were worse.

We weren't that bad imo. I think I've some decent company in that view. We weren't amazing but we weren't so bad that we deserved to lose, as said we lost to a lucky break falling to a world class player, shit happens.

Maybe I just have my feet on the ground. I don't expect us to finish 4th, and I don't fly off the handle when we lose and lose sight of the bigger picture.

Life isn't easy thanks. My standards aren't low.

Quite a few over reactions on here. What i saw was two quite average performances from two tired teams. For me Villa shaded it, Downing and Carew should have scored but thats the difference with Torres only needing the one chance.

It was an improvement over the Arsenal display and we'll get back to winning ways soon enough, but we are battling for UEFA Cup spots again you've got to fancy Spurs for 4th on current form.

MOTM, nobody standout but Luke Young.

P.S. Would an A. Young corner delivery have made a difference today?

P.S. Would an A. Young corner delivery have made a difference today?

i dont thinks so, we were able to regularly hit the first defender without him.

i said to my mate durin the game ash's corners wud have made a diff. i stand by that

I don't **** believe this. I really don't **** believe this.

Warnock is the new, left sided Delaney. Thanks for tripping over the grass.

Delaney was a quality player you monkey.

warnock played out of his skin tonight, if one player deserves some slack

after the way he has played this season it is him.

Exactly, also Dunne would of got to the ball if he hadnt of slipped.

Also it says a lot when Dunne is being voted man of the match again, when is one of our attacking players going to put themselves in the frame!

Over reactions central. For god sakes we are still in the fight for 4th spot. We have still beat Chelsea, Utd, and Liverpool at least once. We still have loads of talent and half the season to play.

It's as if we are Bolton or something, give me a break guys, we'll bounce back from this. It's not as if we are out of the fight for the CL. Plenty of points to play for still and the Carling Cup as well.

Heading back to the OT forum now, this is just depressing.

I enjoyed tonights game. Torres is a brilliant finisher and took his opportunity well. I was disappointed that NRC was subbed because I though he was making it hard for Pool. It was an end to end game that we deserved a point from imo, but for a clinical finish by a world class player. UP THE VILLA!!!!

FFS we were shit. Poor performance against arsenal, now this. We are a hit and hoof team and don't deserve 4th spot with performances like this.

This was a SIGNIFICANT improvement on the Arsenal performance.

In horrendous conditions, there was no shortage of skill, passion and desire to win. MON got the tactics spot on and made, I believe, the correct substitutions. He went to win the match and for the last 20 mins we had Liverpool petrified.

Spot on. It's not hard to not be better than the Arsenal game (that match lacked the endeavor we expect of this side), but we weren't bad in this game. We weren't fantastic either, but it was good enough and we deserved something. The difference between us and them was 1 class strike from a world class player, born of a lucky break. Speaks volumes.

Onwards and upwards.

You honestly thought that was good enough? If you do then I'm envious of you because life must always be good for you. You have some pretty low **** standards my friend.

Liverpool were poor and we were worse.

What a silly, patronising post.

It was a poor game. Not surprising, in the conditions. Both sides struggled to play good football.

We showed effort and commitment, and were unlucky to lose a close game.

Gazton and Chindie have made good points, and don't deserve your sneering.