• Dunne
    • L Young
    • Friedel
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Reo-Coker 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 79)

I don't know what game some people were watching, I really don't....'dominated the game'? 'played well'?? We couldn't control the play at all, we just watched Liverpool walk towards out goal for 90 minutes, other than a couple of 5 minute spells.
This, nice to see someone else who hasnt got claret tinted glasses on. Like just said we had 2 5 minute spells, other than that they controlled the game

No they never, quite simple.

Cannot believe that some people are all too happy to jump on our players backs after the second half we just watched. For the minutes 60 - 90 we were on top, despite playing 48hrs. Carragher was grabbing and pushing his way through JC / Gabby and was NEVER penalised. Reina made one great save and two others in that period. Friedel picked up a couple of crosses.

To say that you are happy, as someone did, that you're glad we lost is beyond words.

So I'm out of here before I do / say something that I shouldn't. Over 90 minutes tonight we were better than them (not great but better).

I don't know what game some people were watching, I really don't....'dominated the game'? 'played well'?? We couldn't control the play at all, we just watched Liverpool walk towards out goal for 90 minutes, other than a couple of 5 minute spells.
This, nice to see someone else who hasnt got claret tinted glasses on. Like just said we had 2 5 minute spells, other than that they controlled the game

Agreed, 0-0 was fair but not surprised as they had most of the ball.

what the **** deflection wich looped the ball over cuellars head?

Wouldnt have been in that position if it wasnt that pathetic effort from Warnock.

The pathetic effort that Dunne would of got to if he hadn't slipped? They got a lucky break!

We had chances, Gabby was in exactly the same situation as Torres, Carew free header from 6 yards out, Downing should of scored. We need to take these chances. Im not all doom and gloom, its 2 games, time to ut it right now.

Alright then, Warnock did nothing wrong. Let's just bemoan our luck instead of trying to actually improve. We wont get top 4 again this season but no worries, it's just "bad luck"

Im saying it was one piece of bad luck tonight, its not going to decide the season.

Petrov just goes invisible for games at a time doesnt he?

Should have come off at 60mins on Sunday and at HT tonight, or at least when NRC did.

I don't blame Stan, I blame the man who leaves him on when he is obviously knackered.

I don't **** believe this. I really don't **** believe this.

Warnock is the new, left sided Delaney. Thanks for tripping over the grass.

Yes I seem to remember Delaney was a good player who did far more right than wrong yet got roundly abused when making one mistake.

Should have come off at 60mins on Sunday and at HT tonight, or at least when NRC did.

I don't blame Stan, I blame the man who leaves him on when he is obviously knackered.

I'd rest Petrov, Downing, Cuellar, Gabby and Milner for the FA Cup game. They really do need a bit of a rest to be fair. It has been tough going with our fixture congestion.

We don't even look like a Champions league team though do we. Our style is hit and hope, hoof and chase. Arse, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U are all still on another level to us. Our style will only take us so far.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't include Liverpool in that list. All they do is pass it across the pitch and try to attack through the middle every time. We created far more than Liverpool tonight, yet failed to finish our chances. I guess money plays its part once again....

Passing it across the pitch, what I'd give to see that at VP

^ This. We looked dreadful for most of the game. Yeah, we had some decent spells, but then again, we should have against a sde as vulnerable and low on confidence as Liverpool. Unfortunately, we haven't made our chances count (again) and our midfield spent huge portions of the game being completely bypassed due to our goalkeeper / defence lumping it up to Carew / Gabby or more often, nobody. I cannot stress enough how badly I thought we played for periods tonight. I'd be ashamed to say I was the manager responsible for the awful display on the pitch at times. The most frustrating thing is that the players are good enough. They either don't realise it or they're not being given clear instructions and are reverting to route 1.

FFS we were shit. Poor performance against arsenal, now this. We are a hit and hoof team and don't deserve 4th spot with performances like this.

This was a SIGNIFICANT improvement on the Arsenal performance.

In horrendous conditions, there was no shortage of skill, passion and desire to win. MON got the tactics spot on and made, I believe, the correct substitutions. He went to win the match and for the last 20 mins we had Liverpool petrified.

Spot on. It's not hard to not be better than the Arsenal game (that match lacked the endeavor we expect of this side), but we weren't bad in this game. We weren't fantastic either, but it was good enough and we deserved something. The difference between us and them was 1 class strike from a world class player, born of a lucky break. Speaks volumes.

Onwards and upwards.

You honestly thought that was good enough? If you do then I'm envious of you because life must always be good for you. You have some pretty low **** standards my friend.

Liverpool were poor and we were worse.

Agreed, 0-0 was fair but not surprised as they had most of the ball.

bbc stats, possession 49/51% liverpool,

villa 11 attempts at goal, liverpool 12

i'd call that pretty even

put down the iphone and get off the bandwagon...

why do we seem to play differently with carew in the side. as soon as he comes in we just hoof it long constantly.

the sad thing is he is good with the ball into feet and the few times tonight we did pass it we created chances.

however for the most part it was embarrasing watching us play tonight, we looked like a lower half team playing away at anfield, everytime we got the ball we hurridly cleared it long and it kept coming straight back. our tactic was to get the odd ball in the box, the odd set piece, get a lucky bounce and nick a goal. that is not good enough at all for an aspiring top 4 side.

I'd rest Petrov, Downing, Cuellar, Gabby and Milner for the FA Cup game. They really do need a bit of a rest to be fair. It has been tough going with our fixture congestion.

The Petrov thing is nothing new though is it? We've all known for 2+ years the guy can't see out a game. Half way through the second half he might as well not be on the pitch.