• Dunne
    • L Young
    • Friedel
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Reo-Coker 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 79)

I don't **** believe this. I really don't **** believe this.

Warnock is the new, left sided Delaney. Thanks for tripping over the grass.

Delaney was a quality player you monkey.

warnock played out of his skin tonight, if one player deserves some slack after the way he has played this season it is him.

I agree entirely, Warnock has played brilliantly this season.

Over reactions central. For god sakes we are still in the fight for 4th spot. We have still beat Chelsea, Utd, and Liverpool at least once. We still have loads of talent and half the season to play.

It's as if we are Bolton or something, give me a break guys, we'll bounce back from this. It's not as if we are out of the fight for the CL. Plenty of points to play for still and the Carling Cup as well.

Heading back to the OT forum now, this is just depressing.

Bolton havent spent over £100 mill

when was the last time we played well, I know we did'nt deserve to lose but we were poor tonight some of the football we play in laughable ( hit and hope) man city and spurs do look better teams than us and god knows who city will buy in jan.

lets get something straight, liverpool were shit and yet we still could not beat them at home again.

it took us until the 70th minute before we had a real go at them. i can handle loosing, it is just crap perfomances i find hard to take.

can football this christmas get any worse?

Liverpool were average at best but the difference is they have a world class player who can win them a game on his own. We don't. We deserved atleast a draw. Turn the slump round boys and get going in the cups.

Also can't quite understand how Torres got MOTM?

Just when I thought we were finally starting to play some decent football (Old Trafford) we go back to the old hoof ball tactics. Why?

OK, the conditions dominated really, but Pool made a better effort to play football than we did. Fortune favours the brave?

Robbie Keane and Scott Parker, please.

Throw in Gonzalo Higuain and it might be a good throw of the dice for top 4.

this is real life mate, not championship manager

Never played CM. But if our own fans think we aren't capable of signing a player like Higuain then why do we bother.?

yeah and get Suarez as well, Aguero too....

a bit of realism with targets mate please. He's playin quality for real at the moment, bangin in goals for a team in the champs league so if u really think he'll come i'll take your word for it....

im not sayin we cant attract quality, we can but i dont thhink any club wud be able to prize away higuian at the moment....

anyway thats just my opinion and ur entitled to yours...

The simple facts are thus:

We aren't as good as the top four teams - nor do we have world class players that can score from nothing, like Tevez, Torres, Rooney, etc. We knew that before tonight - it's not news.

We have an excellent team spirit, some good attacking talent and a defence who have been flawless for about 15 games and have made one mistake tonight in an otherwise excellent defensive showing. We're a good solid team and give anyone a game, as this season has shown.

We have played the 'top four' teams 5 times this season, beating Liverpool away, Man United away and Chelsea at home, losing to Liverpool in the 94th minute thanks to an unfortunate ricochet and being outclassed by a terrific Arsenal on their own patch - and even that only when they brought on their matchwinner in Fabregas. On another day, we'd have scored at the other end and been 4th tonight. We didn't play very well, but it was snowy, draining and Liverpool were no better than us tonight, as most people would agree.

Our teams does have limitations in creativity and we don't pass it like some other teams. But we're effective enough to have lost the last 2 games and still be two points off 4th position. We need to continue to improve, but there's no need for all this '**** waste of space' nonsense.

The season hasn't ended, there is no cause for panic and this is purely the disappointment from losing two games against two good teams, both of whom would be expected to finish above us. No drama, no overreactions - yes, we're not the finished article and could do with buying another striker to support Gabby. But again, we knew that before tonight, it's not news.

And that is all.

You honestly thought that was good enough? If you do then I'm envious of you because life must always be good for you. You have some pretty low **** standards my friend.

Liverpool were poor and we were worse.

We weren't that bad imo. I think I've some decent company in that view. We weren't amazing but we weren't so bad that we deserved to lose, as said we lost to a lucky break falling to a world class player, shit happens.

Maybe I just have my feet on the ground. I don't expect us to finish 4th, and I don't fly off the handle when we lose and lose sight of the bigger picture.

Life isn't easy thanks. My standards aren't low.

Hmmm, I just don't see it at all. I'm pretty level-headed but it's all about relativity. If we were Heathens watching that display we'd feel happy with the performace, and probably rightly so.

However, we should already be at that level so it's completely deflating to watch my team unable to assert any kind of control in a game against a team who were continually sloppy themselves (and their fans should be rightly annoyed too).

All I want to see is some sign of improvement. We thought we saw it in a couple of games with some nice pass-move football, but all of sudden it appears we've decided to revert back to the tactic of knocking it directly to the front pair with no idea what to do next and no real confidence that we'll even keep hold of the ball.

If that isn't something to criticise, I don't know what is.

Thought we played okay, given the conditions and how little time we had to recover from Arsenal...there certainly didn't seem to be big difference in fitness between the sides in 2nd half, even though they had an extra day and a far easier fixture. Also felt the ref didn't help matters by giving nothing to Agbonlahor or Carew all game. The ball wouldn't stick enough up front, but when fouls aren't given it helps shape momentum.

As for individuals, thought Agbonlahor did well trying to lead the line, and almost fashioned a goal. Milner looks a bit tired, and things aren't coming off for him that were a week or so ago. Defence was solid all through until that messy fluke of a breakthrough which led to the goal.

The ending was obviously crushing, and could be a big moment in the season for both clubs. Need some joy in the cups now to lift mood. Been a horrible Christmas results-wise.

Heartbreaker. We tried, we deserved a point at the least, we were just on the wrong end of bad luck. On and upwards, we're still in the mix and a win at Wigan could put us ahead of the pack again.

This. I feel like I've just been hit by a bus though. Still in shock after that. :(

Look we have Wigan and West Ham! For me games which are winnable, Spurs have Liverpool! We beat Wigan were higher than Spurs! I'd rather us be in this position with teams writing us off! I'd say we are 2 players short, were still hanging in there!

both of whom we have already lost to, due to piss poor tactics and selection.

Whilst we should destroy them we most likely wont

The simple facts are thus:

We aren't as good as the top four teams - nor do we have world class players that can score from nothing, like Tevez, Torres, Rooney, etc. We knew that before tonight - it's not news.

We have an excellent team spirit, some good attacking talent and a defence who have been flawless for about 15 games and have made one mistake tonight in an otherwise excellent defensive showing. We're a good solid team and give anyone a game, as this season has shown.

We have played the 'top four' teams 5 times this season, beating Liverpool away, Man United away and Chelsea at home, losing to Liverpool in the 94th minute thanks to an unfortunate ricochet and being outclassed by a terrific Arsenal on their own patch - and even that only when they brought on their matchwinner in Fabregas. On another day, we'd have scored at the other end and been 4th tonight. We didn't play very well, but it was snowy, draining and Liverpool were no better than us tonight, as most people would agree.

Our teams does have limitations in creativity and we don't pass it like some other teams. But we're effective enough to have lost the last 2 games and still be two points off 4th position. We need to continue to improve, but there's no need for all this '**** waste of space' nonsense.

The season hasn't ended, there is no cause for panic and this is purely the disappointment from losing two games against two good teams, both of whom would be expected to finish above us. No drama, no overreactions - yes, we're not the finished article and could do with buying another striker to support Gabby. But again, we knew that before tonight, it's not news.

And that is all.

Why are you posting on here? Don't you realise you're not allowed to talk sense on forums after a loss?