• Dunne
    • L Young
    • Friedel
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Reo-Coker 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 79)

Thats two horrible passes in a row thats cost us dear. First Milner vs Arsenal and now Warnock tonight. Carew and Downing both missed sitters and how the horrible excuse for a ref missed the handball on Insua only he knows....why does it feel like this will be a re-run of last season after the Stoke debacle?

Some terrible refereeing, Villa were definitely the better side, we got robbed at a time when we looked like we would clinch it, strangely enough Warnock had the same grip problem in the Arsenal game that nearly led to a goal, he really needs to look at that.

You can't legislate for goals like Torres more than gifted it was just pure chancer stuff.

I honestly thought we looked very solid in area's, we need to look at the midfield in the transfer window, we haven't got that right.

Terrible loss when we should have had at least the point and deserved that point.

Just switched off the iraqgoals stream i was watching, I came away with the impression of a lot of very hard work under atrocious conditions, I thought we did very well in spots but the finishing wasn't there, but the snow and rain had a big part to play in a game such as this evenings. The mistake that led to L'pools possession which in turn led to the goal was an awful blunder, but Torres is class. Definitely robbed though overall, we deserved something, they weren't all that and we had em in the midfield for a lot of the game.

cheers, Gary

For MON to think we dont need anyone is a joke to me.... We are still short of quality. Tonights game kind of shows it Sidwell and NRC just ain't good enough to rely on and to help us push forwards squad players at best. We need players who will come in and win us a game this team will never finish top 4. If we do £1000 for VT and £2000 for Acrons!

who cares a **** if they control the midfeild they had 0 chances all game we had -

Downings shot

Carews header

Gabbys 1v1

all liverpool do is try play you through the middle and they were shockingly shit at doing it tonight so easy to defend but one peace of luck can change a whole game.

We can blame it on "luck" the reality is it was a dreadful dreadful error by our player.

what the **** deflection wich looped the ball over cuellars head?

We don't even look like a Champions league team though do we. Our style is hit and hope, hoof and chase. Arse, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U are all still on another level to us. Our style will only take us so far.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't include Liverpool in that list. All they do is pass it across the pitch and try to attack through the middle every time. We created far more than Liverpool tonight, yet failed to finish our chances. I guess money plays its part once again....

FFS we were shit. Poor performance against arsenal, now this. We are a hit and hoof team and don't deserve 4th spot with performances like this.

This was a SIGNIFICANT improvement on the Arsenal performance.

In horrendous conditions, there was no shortage of skill, passion and desire to win. MON got the tactics spot on and made, I believe, the correct substitutions. He went to win the match and for the last 20 mins we had Liverpool petrified.

mon needs to change his hit and hoof tactics now, and also sign a goalscorer (darren bent), and a playmaker. We created **** all and i don't mind that we lost because mon said he wasn't looking to spend and perhaps now he is.

we wont finish in the top 4... not enough quality u look at their squads they have the likes of fabregas.... Torres.... we have sidwell the gulf in class is to much and this season is deja vu mark 2 can see us falling apart from this point on

Let's not scapegoat Warnock, he's been nothing short of fantastic this season - on error pounced on by probably the best striker in the world it happens - with performances Liverpool aren't guaranteed forth at all. We had chances, maybe a penalty (as did Liverpool), poor conditions, awful refereeing.

This is what happens when you have two games in two days and only a day's rest - bloody fixture congestion. It's not the end of the world by any means, we can only move forward from this result.

Absolutely gutted. On the goal obviously Warnock will get the blame for the dodgy pass but what the **** hell was Carlos Cuellar doing? Had absolutely no idea where Torres was and just came out of his line for no apparent reason.

We don't even look like a Champions league team though do we. Our style is hit and hope, hoof and chase. Arse, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U are all still on another level to us. Our style will only take us so far.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't include Liverpool in that list. All they do is pass it across the pitch and try to attack through the middle every time. We created far more than Liverpool tonight, yet failed to finish our chances. I guess money plays its part once again....

Passing it across the pitch, what I'd give to see that at VP

The majority of the players are too weak for the premiership...... whenever there is a 50/50 we never come out with the ball, if we have the ball we run into trouble 99 times out of 100. Also when we get the ball we have an annoying habit of stopping and then turning back into the opposing player.

We need a proven premiership goal scorer or proven european striker and a creative midfielder in January, we still have a chance of top 4 but those around us will definitely strenghten so we need to keep on our toes. MON needs to act at the start of the window, no holding out to try and get a player for half a million less than he would have paid.

didnt deserve to lose, a jammy goal and we were playing the ref as well.

however, neither did we deserve to win, a pretty disgusting performance in terms of how big this game was for us. we made no attempt to win the game, apart from a few brief spells where we passed it (and created chances- note to MON) we were appaling with the ball.

seriously, i cannot believe how pathetic we were in possesion. we just kept lumping it to carew or gabby all game, but they were always outnumbered so it kept coming straight back. awful tactics.

players were miscontrolling it constantly, getting tackled too easily and were too weak trying to tackle liverpools players. we just kept sitting off liverpool and it seemed a lack of effort. and how can our players not make a simple 5 yard pass?? warnocks pass that led to the goal summed us up the whole game.

liverpool were crap, they were there for the taking and we had a great chance to cement our top 4 credentials. but we hardly made reina work, and that is 2 crucial games against top 4 rivals where we have failed to score and not really created anything. that is not good enough.

after a really good run of games where we played some nice stuff as soon as the pressures on its back to panicky route 1 all day long. that is really disappointing.