• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell
    • Heskey

Disappointed. Not for the performance but for the result because we well deserved the win. I think our lack of quality today showed, maybe Warnock would have made the difference although Luke did well until the last 20 minutes or so.

We deserved to win, what game were you watching mate, if it wasnt for Friedel it would have been 4 or 5, we had no chnaces at all n didnt create either, new midfielder needed in Jan for def, Cuellar MOM for me easily!

Cuellar was brilliant, i hope he wont be left out when Collins returns as Dunne should make way without a doubt. Friedel made some good saves but the others were painfully poor. Totally outclassed by a very good Spurs side who are miles ahead of us when it comes to attacking football. Our midfield lost the match, again, and apart from our lucky goal......did we have any decent chances until Heskey header in the 92nd min?! Very dissapointed!

Well F####n said mate

Dear Aston Villa,

Please learn that you cannot hold a 1-0 lead for 81 minutes. You must keep on the offence as attack is the best form of defence. Please have more than one shot on target in a game.

Sidwell you are not very good.

Kind regards,

Sellyoakvilla.

Started well on top of a poor Spurs side that couldn't settle or get ino the game. Slowly but surely it all went downhill, Spurs improved in all but their finishing and despite Heskey's very good header near the end I was praying for the final whistle.

Carew started well, and Gabby looked very lively indeed.

Luke Young was OK. Picking Beye and moving Young to the left was spot on and Beye was very good indeed. Dunne was generally solid. As for Cuéllar, what to say? I really think Del Bosque should think about taking him to South Africa. But apart from anything else he has a tremendous attitude. A real 90-minute worker with great concentration. A good performance by Friedel too.

And finally the midfield. Milner was more than acceptable but as for Ashley Young, Reo-Coker and Petrov, the least said the better.

We really cannot string passes together can we?

I have no idea why we go hoof hoof hoof, we cant pass and keep the ball and be patient, Ashley Young.....who is he!!! Enough said, oh and Petrov has been carried by Barry and it is now showing he has no creativity what so ever, would love 2 see 1 of our centre midfielders push forward! I have said before in most of games we get a goal and I honestly do not no where the next 1 will come from or who!!

Didn't see the game but sounds like we were shit again, but managed to scrape a result.

Surely we have to click soon and start playing better possession football?? Surely??

We need to hand Hull a tanking next weekend. Won't be easy though. The kind of game we generally lose.

Although we're still 5th and well positioned, it's all a bit 'meh' so far this season, bar the Liverpool and Chelsea games.

(Hopefully Downing is the answer)

Didn't see the game but sounds like we were shit again, but managed to scrape a result.

Surely we have to click soon and start playing better possession football?? Surely??

We need to hand Hull a tanking next weekend. Won't be easy though. The kind of game we generally lose.

Although we're still 5th and well positioned, it's all a bit 'meh' so far this season, bar the Liverpool and Chelsea games.

Without the ball we were superb in fairness.

very lucky to get a point after a second half that was played entirely in our half.

i cant see us clicking to be honest because we look like a rudderless ship. there is no obvious style of play that we are trying to acheive as far as i can see. as far hammering hull, well, hammering bolton last week didnt do us any good today so i am not overly optimistic.

as for downing - i am so looking forward to seeing him play too, but i want him to come in slowly and into games we are winning, not throw him into the lions den and expect him to dig us out of holes as has been a little bit the case with delph.

First half to be honest, we actually played some really good football. I think the 2nd half over-shaddowed any of it though.

First half to be honest, we actually played some really good football. I think the 2nd half over-shaddowed any of it though.

Fair dos, that's good to hear and makes me feel slighltly bit better. Just skimmed through the thread, heard the end on R5, and it sounded like Spurs bossed us off the park.

Not good that we can play a 2nd half like that at home against one of our main rivals though.

On the plus side it sounds like the defence had a stormer again. If we can sort out the centre of midfield and sign an instinctive striker we'd have a damn good side.

We were completely dominated after the first twenty minutes, how we got a point I'll never know but at the end we almost managed to nick it. Their midfield was far superior to ours and we seemed completely devoid of any ideas going forward. Defence was pretty good though.

Friedel 8- Kept us in it at times, made some fantastic saves, only one dodgy moment from a corner.

Beye 7- Poor first half but second half really did well making headers at the back post away, where Crouch was lurking.

Cuellar 9- Immense, goal line clearance was brilliant and read the game really well today. Seems a completely different player this season.

Dunne 8- Normal sort of Dunne-performance. Straight into tackles, always commited when he comes to blocking etc.

Young 8- Thought he kept Lennon very quiet and only got beat by him once. A very good full back.

Milner 6- Lot of hard graft but not much else, seemed to tire towards the end, can't fault him for effort.

Reo-Coker 6- Didn't do a lot, seemed to get injured first few minutes, made some good tackles before coming off injured.

Petrov 6- Quality first 20 minutes then fell off the pace, failed to track a few of their players at times but was not the only guilty one.

A.Young 5- Thought he was woeful, no invention, poor crossing and hardly touched the ball second half.

Carew 7- Good shift from the big man I thought, not helped by Dowd.

Agbonlahor 7- See Carew, glad he got a goal with not much service.

Sidwell 5- Barely touched it.

Heskey 7- Held ball well when he came on and almost got the winner.

Also thought the ref was a disgrace, completely biased towards them although he did disallow that goal I suppose.

Might as well do some proper ratings.

Friedel - 8 - Dealt well with everything chucked at him, one save early in the first half sticks in the mind.

Dunne - 8 - Did very well. Unlucky his one weak clearance ended up right with Dawson.

Cuellar - 9 - Easily man on the match. Cleared everything, cut out passes time and again, even went for a run once. His 1 fault, playing Defoe onside, he immediately made up for with an absolutely immense block on the line. First rate, absolutely first rate.

Beye - 8 - I was surprised at how well he did, lots of blocks clearances and general all round assured defending.

Young - 8 - See above. Shifted to LB and did well once again.

Petrov - 6 - Would have rated him at a 7 but like most of the midfield, he disappeared second half and was left trying to defend. Before that, quite good though, kept hold of the ball, especially first half, and was tirelessly harrying and closing down.

NRC - 6 - See above, but with the caveat that he can't shoot and I've no idea why he even bothers. Passing was iffy as well as ever. Disappeared second half like the rest.

Milner - 7 - Runs and runs. One moment that sums him as a player really, chased down a pass to their RB who he then harried, tackled, got up and chased the ball down again. You can't not like him. And some good deliveries into the box today as well.

Young - 7 - Better from him than some recent games. His delivery was a tad more consistant, and he looked to be trying to make things happen with more variety. Still was trying to beat every man on the park at times and lost out because of it.

Carew - 5 - Frustrating. He just doesn't do it every week and this week he really wasn't much cop. He got a couple of decent flick ons and had a crack from range but... get in the **** box. Bust a gut to get in the damn thing.

Gabby - 7 - Same old Gabby, chasing down lost causes, even working hard defensively when he drifted to the right second half. Unlucky that as the second half wore on he was more and more isolated.

Heskey - 6 - Not on for long but looked alright, did more than Carew really. Deft header that I really wouldn't have thought he had in him was agonisingly close to a winner.

Sidwell - 5 - I don't think I saw him do anything than attempt a screamer. Probably a better hit than NRC but still.

As an attacking threat we were poor, defensively we were excellent.

Thought Cuellar was outstanding at the back and Petrov put in an unbelievable shift in the middle of the park and led by example by giving his all. Habib Beye also deserves a special mention as he did really well coming in for a rare start.

Based on our forward play we didn't deserve anything but for defending so resolutely a point was well deserved.

As others have said the ref was very poor today and let play continue a number of times after blatant fouls on our players.

You can have as many shots and as much possession as you want but the name of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net which is what we did! defending is as important as attacking in football, and our defence played well apartfrom the hoofing!

Petrov was very good today, but he started to fatigue quickly. As the game went on, Tottenham's midfielders started to dictate the tempo of the game. And eventually Spurs took advantage of our standing off and got the goal they deserved for all their pressure. The team's work rate was first class, credit to all of them.