• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell
    • Heskey

That was difficult to watch, particularly second-half. Credit to Friedal and defence who kept us in it. Cuellar and Beye were excellent. Gabby and Carew played well but got no service second -half. Our problems all stem from the fact that our central midfield pairing is just not good enough.

Disappointed. Not for the performance but for the result because we well deserved the win. I think our lack of quality today showed, maybe Warnock would have made the difference although Luke did well until the last 20 minutes or so.

Actually, we didn't deserve to win because we didn't perform very well.

MON cost us yet another game with awful substitutions and tactical naivety. When they were pressing us we should have switched to a 451 with Sidwell/Downing coming on for Carew.

Yet we just let them run us over. What does MON do.. takes off our best CM. Argh.

To be fair, we were playing 4-5-1, we just had gabby on the wing. i agree a real midfielder would be better.

And NRC was taken off because he was injured.

Whats the talk about Dawsons goal beeing a handball? He clearly took it down with his chest, although it was a bit close to his arm.

I wouldn't say it was clear. But he got the benefit of the doubt. Had it been us I would have been angry not to get it.

MOTM goes to Phil Dowd - easily Spurs' best player.

Yep. On that showing I think Carew has shagged his wife. He may not even have a wife actually, given that fact he was up Lennons arse all day.

We didn't deserve to win, but their goal shouldn't have stood. Awesome defensive display against one of the leagues best attacks.

Whats the talk about Dawsons goal beeing a handball? He clearly took it down with his chest, although it was a bit close to his arm.

I wouldn't say it was clear. But he got the benefit of the doubt. Had it been us I would have been angry not to get it.

It was blatent handball,shoulder=arm=handball.

we played pretty well for the first half because we dictated the pace and hassled them out of the game, but the second half we were taken to the cleaners. spurs moved the ball quickly on the ground - hopefully mon was taking note of it and might try something similar in training on monday morning.

it definately feels like a point won after that second half and the fact remains that we cant take games to the oppostion - our game is all based about being reactive to the other teams way of playing.

best game i have seen cuellar play for us and i thought heskey actually saved the game for us because he gave us some threat in the closing stages which we hadnt had since the start of the second half. special mentions for friedel also because he couldnt do anything about the goal and was pretty faultless for the rest of the game and beye who was solid if not spectacular.

Well ....

Typical Villa at the moment if I may say so: score from a set piece (a scrappy goal in this case), then sit back, defend well, well-organised and hope to hit on the counter ... it ain't pretty, but it's often effective.

Spurs deserved to win, but didn't. All in all I'm happy enough with a point since Villa away is a tough fixture. We stay in 4th and at least preserve the gap between us and Villa. Plus you still have to come to WHL, where I think we'll win if - a big IF - both teams play at today's performance levels.

Hmmmm, well that was an odd game to say the least. We really invited Spurs onto us and looked like the away side for a big chunk of the match. I think a draw was a fair result at the end of the day. However, if we had bothered to turn up then we could have got the win. I think this should go down as an opportunity missed. Now they remain three points ahead of us....

One positive is that our defence is good. Despite all of the possession Spurs had, they didn't create too many clear chances. Cuellar and Beye did particularly well.

Oh well, onto the Carling Cup now.

All these 'missed opportunities' are wearing a bit thin with me. I'm fed up of us not turning up when it matters. We got the early goal, they looked rattled, we should have gone on and kept at them. Once again, we sit back ,look to hit them on the break, and piss away the game.

Fantastic first half, pressed and pressed Spurs into errors and the goal was duly deserved, we looked dangerous on the counter. Are defensive line was excellent throughout and forced them to pass it through us - you can only play that way for so long until you get tired. Stats are pretty pointless and don't tell the whole story we defended out of our skins - Friedel or Cuellar for man of the match.

You can criticise MON all you like for the sit back approach but at the end of the day we were playing a very good attacking side who only last week put 9 goals past a hugely poor defensive Wigan side - we weren't going to do the same.

Dowd was awful he slowed by the game down by constantly blowing for free-kicks which weren't there, the only good thing he caught Defoe imitating Henry - Dawson's goal looked like his shoulder helped him control the ball. A draw against a very good Spurs side is hardly the end of the world - we probably would have lost this fixture last season with the defence we had.