• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell
    • Heskey

we did not deserve our lead at ahlf time that's just gibberish!

we deserved it up until about 20 minutes, and then spurs dominated thereafter.

page one stat:

shots on target - villa 4 spurs 17

we're at home for godsake and we apparently share the same aspirations.

think today we saw the 4th best team in the league and i'm afraid its not us.

I think Spurs will finish 3rd. They look better than Arsenal. Have that fighting spirit that Arsenal lacks.

Still think we might fight all the way to the end for the 4th.

Friedel and Cuellar both joint MOTM for me. I dont think we deserved a point in the end never mind all three. We hassled them for the first 30 minutes then hardly saw the ball again! NRC for Sidwell was a predictably shocking decision by the gaffer again.

We NEED TO KEEP POSESSION OF THE BALL!!!! Spurs were by far the better footballing side on the pitch today but I still think neither of us will break the top 4..and I still think we will finish above Spurs.

we did not deserve our lead at ahlf time that's just gibberish!

we deserved it up until about 20 minutes, and then spurs dominated thereafter.

page one stat:

shots on target - villa 4 spurs 17

we're at home for godsake and we apparently share the same aspirations.

Spurs dominated from 20 minutes - what on earth are you on about? It took Spurs 20 minutes before they started to get the ball down and actually string some passes together.

I just don't all this negativity here. OK the second-half performance was probably the worst from us this season, but the only reason Spurs capitilized is because we were so poor not bringing on Downing and not wanting to take the game to them... we just sat back. Spurs were good, but nowhere near as good as many people are hyping Spurs up on here.

I think Spurs will finish 3rd. They look better than Arsenal. Have that fighting spirit that Arsenal lacks.

spurs look too much of a kevin keegan side to go the distance in the league in my opinion. arsnal are going to miss van persie for sure but i think they are a more balanced side than spurs and will finish higher. wenger is used to being up there whereas arry has never been and that counts for a lot at the sharp end of the season.

I disagree, I don't believe Spurs have the consistency to stay in the top 4 places - defensively very vunerable on the break and against pace - Assou-Ekotto should have been sent off for his handball on the line had we not proceeded to score. We had more possesion of the ball and a lot of the game we kept Spurs at bay not allowing to play their normal game. If any team had come off a 9-1 victory the previous week then most sides would have struggled to contain Spurs. It was a game of two half's and some awful officiating by Dowd - I don't believe we are that far behind on Spurs.

I disagree, I don't believe Spurs have the consistency to stay in the top 4 places - defensively very vunerable on the break and against pace - Assou-Ekotto should have been sent off for his handball on the line had we not proceeded to score. We had more possesion of the ball and a lot of the game we kept Spurs at bay not allowing to play their normal game. If any team had come off a 9-1 victory the previous week then most sides would have struggled to contain Spurs. It was a game of two half's and some awful officiating by Dowd - I don't believe we are that far behind on Spurs.

Just hoping Spurs screw up by losing at home to Hull or SHA or the like.

A point to throw in here. Bar a goal that should have not stood, we would have had 3 points.

To be fair Dom, they deserved a goal. We were heavily outplayed in the second half and they had chances. It would of been robbery if we won that.[/quote

Mate you are spot on.

Just think that if wed have got three pints today (and should of in terms of the decision) then were living the old adage of Man Utd - "playing bad and winning is the sign of a good team".

Spurs are a good side and we scraped a point in the end. But, they didn't win did they? So they're not miles ahead as some say.

does that mean that hull are on a par with man city then?

Or that the Heath is on par with Liverpool.