• Milner
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell
    • Heskey

Guest Ricardomeister

I think we were outclassed by Spuds for most of the game.

The first half was fairly even although they came closer to scoring on 2 or 3 occasions after Gabby's goal. The second half was one way traffic with Spuds better on the ball, showing better passing and better movement. Apart from the Heskey header at the end we did not look like troubling Gomes.I am not sure what the correct stats are but the scoreboard said 10-1 Spuds for shots on target and BBC says 17-4 Spuds but either way we clearly imo do not have the class or tactical nous to be a top 4 or quite probably a top 6 team.

In the second half we were flitting between a 9-0-1 or a 9-1-0 formation. I would have thought that if our main tactic was hoofing clearances all the time then we should have Gabby trying to chase the hoofs rather than Carew or Heskey as the ball just kept coming back.

We defended ok and Cuellar was outstanding. Beye also had an excellent game and Dunne and Luke did pretty well too. However in a home game the best players should be the midfield and attackers, not the defenders. Carew and Gabby huffed and puffed with little service, but the midfield 4 were all lacking in the necessary quality today imo. They put in plenty of effort but if we are to challenge then you have to have the quality of passing, movement and comfort on the ball that we simply do not have.

MON says he is pleased with a point and that maybe gives the true picture of what our ambitions are. On the balance of play a point seems like a good result but the performance was certainly not one of a realistic challenger for the top 4.

UTV SOTC

I'm annoyed, i really feel like the Man City game that we allowed Spurs to take the initiative, we would moving the ball lovely in the first half but started to clam up towards the end of it, nothing altered during the break and from then on it was inevitable that they'd score. Rather than shoe horning Gabby/Carew into a 4-5-1 in these type of games i feel we should either try and keep the shape with conviction or take a forward off to properly shut up shop.

It makes you wonder how we'd look if we'd have actually won the game we led in. I can count Blackburn/Man City and Spurs. plus 7 points i think.

Ok first half. **** garbage second half. No balance, fire in the belly, movement, passing. **** clueless and the buck stops with the manager. Spurs, especially through Huddlestone who as man of the match by a country mile, kept it on the ground, moved it well, had movement, clsoed down in numbers, attacked with pace, numbers and played it at a high tempo./ Bit like the Villa of 2 seasons ago. Oh where is THAT style of play now. 'arry's boys impressed me. Their goal was blatant handball, but **** it, they deserved that luck, they played terrific football and something out the game today. I was, and have been for a while now, embarassed by Villa and our 'potential top four' tag. We can be, but the style of football makes us a laughing stock to be put in that bracket. **** **** awful Villa. And this goes back to most of last season too. Show's how poor the league is.

**** sort it out O'Neill, cos as it stands there's more chance of me getting my pecker noshed by Cheryl Cole than this Villa team making top four. And that's what pisses me off as we HAVE the players. Stop making them play defensive shit 'protect the lead and hoooofffffffffff it' football and let them play the **** game!!!!

MON isn't happy with a point, trust me :D

He has himself to blame, he dictates the style of football, tactics. Do they not learn to even move off the ball?! For the first time in ages I didn't go Holte but Trinity so got a good view, and we were just awful at times. We were crying out for someone to hold onto the ball and make passes to feet, but they sat so **** deep, lumped it so far forward it was staggering that a team being touted to achieve such a lofty finish could be so piss poor?!

The buck stops with the manager. Either find the right system or the right players for that particular system. At times I and those around me couldn't work out our system at all!?! Gabby almost at right back? Milner furthest forwad with Carew in the midfield, and well, Ashley Young justs looks a shadow of the player we know he is. As for central midfield?! Jesus. Thank **** our central defence is sorted, that's all I can say.

Stewiek, I agree with you about the style of football, but I genuinely believe we're improving style wise this season. My main gripe with MON is his team selections, I believe he has favourites, and this is stopping us from winning games IMO. No risk, minimal gain.

What pisses me off most is how we hoof it from the wing into the middle or if we play it on the floor (rarely) we run down the middle, get to the box, have the opportunity to shoot or pass it forward then we pass it right over the side to the wing. I don't get it. Go straight down the middle and have a fookin shot.

We were lucky to get a point tonight in what was a horrible performance. For me sitting back for 80 minutes and not create anything is just pathetic. Atleast try to do something constructive with the ball instead of hoofing it to a lonely striker.

We were lucky to get a point tonight in what was a horrible performance. For me sitting back for 80 minutes and not create anything is just pathetic. Atleast try to do something constructive with the ball instead of hoofing it to a lonely striker.

Did you watch the first half? We were the better side. We had 8 corners inside 25 minutes from the pressure we put on Spurs, so no we didn't sit back for 80 minutes only 45.

Nice editing by MOTD to keep our chances down to a minimal.

Ok first half. **** garbage second half. No balance, fire in the belly, movement, passing. **** clueless and the buck stops with the manager. Spurs, especially through Huddlestone who as man of the match by a country mile, kept it on the ground, moved it well, had movement, clsoed down in numbers, attacked with pace, numbers and played it at a high tempo./ Bit like the Villa of 2 seasons ago. Oh where is THAT style of play now. 'arry's boys impressed me. Their goal was blatant handball, but **** it, they deserved that luck, they played terrific football and something out the game today. I was, and have been for a while now, embarassed by Villa and our 'potential top four' tag. We can be, but the style of football makes us a laughing stock to be put in that bracket. **** **** awful Villa. And this goes back to most of last season too. Show's how poor the league is.

**** sort it out O'Neill, cos as it stands there's more chance of me getting my pecker noshed by Cheryl Cole than this Villa team making top four. And that's what pisses me off as we HAVE the players. Stop making them play defensive shit 'protect the lead and hoooofffffffffff it' football and let them play the **** game!!!!

Couldn't of put it better myself, hopefully we will be last on MOTD has no one would want to watch that shit again. Blaming the ref who was equallly as shit and a handball is just looking for excuses, another inept performance by a bunch of overpaid overhyped so called footballers.

Hull next week, that should be fun another team who have started to find some form who will probably have a go or put the bus in front of goal and will ask us to break them down, fat chance of that.

I used to go and the watch the Villa and think we can 3 points today now I go and I think can we put two passes together or even more crazy have a shot on goal our play is the poor, uninspiring dull to watch something needs to be done to sort it out.

Apart from Beye, Carlos, Milner for all is running and Gabby for chasing down shit service he got all day the rest can all do one. End of rant

Good game, pretty tight. Spurs had a lot of ball, but always seemed aware of the possible counter.

Not much in this one, and our defence did very well to hold them down. At times they looked a little planless as to what they should do with the ball.

The draw was a fair result, even though they came at us. Seems we had more posession according to the eurosport stats.

Read a few whims about the team selection with a couple of irrational thoughts as to the choise of player MON made for several positions.

I don`t see that the mentioned players could hold the ball up better than those who were on the field of play.

Seems we have a few managers on these pages who think they know better, rather amusing.

Whatever, there were several players who shone through their good play rather than flash moments, including some who are a little written off on this site, which is a shame really.

All in all a good display from a very solid backbone of a team.

Carlos looks more settled this season and was our MOTM today v Spurs. Would of took the point before kick-off, lucky to get a point out of this game, Spurs looked good in the second half.

Why, when we are at home and 1-0 up sit back? Good point though.