• Milner
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell
    • Heskey

Your thoughts for prosperity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

Thought Cuellar was about our best player, had a really good game. Not scared to get forward as a CB either.

Thought Foy was their best player, took Carew out of the game, gave Lennon great service and did a greta job on their goal.

Disappointed. Not for the performance but for the result because we well deserved the win. I think our lack of quality today showed, maybe Warnock would have made the difference although Luke did well until the last 20 minutes or so.

A decent point but fustrating.

I think the line up was right and the way we played was right but pressing that much was never going to work for the whole match and like the City match you could sense the goal was coming as our midfield started to get tired. I think had we made the subsitutitions 5/6 minutes earlier then we possibly might have avoided the goal as once Heskey came on he held the ball up for us and provided more energy upfront.

Fustrating point really.

Friedel - 7

Beye - 8

Cuellar - 9

Dunne - 7

Young - 7

Milner - 6

Reo-Coker - 7

Petrov - 7

Young - 6

Carew - 7

Agbonlahor - 7

Thought the strikers were dangerous and Carew won alot of headers but should have been subbed by O'Neill earlier on.

Cuellar was brilliant, i hope he wont be left out when Collins returns as Dunne should make way without a doubt. Friedel made some good saves but the others were painfully poor. Totally outclassed by a very good Spurs side who are miles ahead of us when it comes to attacking football. Our midfield lost the match, again, and apart from our lucky goal......did we have any decent chances until Heskey header in the 92nd min?! Very dissapointed!

Cueller was fantastic today and my vote for MOTM. Villa looked good when we took it to them and chased the points. Then we sat back and looked poor and never incontrol. Just before injury time we pushed forward and looked good again, too little too late.

First half was fine. We weren't amazing but we deserved the lead, we attacked well, we hassled Spurs all over the pitch and gave them no space.

Second half we were battered. Didn't hassle them, sat back, and didn't pass, just hoof hoof hoof. We really need to learn how to pass it around, even if it doesn't get us anywhere, just to keep possession, calm things down and give us a breather and some space.

Ratings:

Friedel - 8 - Excellent. Nothing he could do about the goal. Some good saves.

Beye - 9 - Superb

Cuellar - 9 - See above

Dunne - 7 - Did nothing wrong

Young - 7 - See above

Milner - 7 - Good workrate

Petrov - 6 - First half great. second half, tired

NRC - 7 - Good enough until he went off.

Young - 7 - Good moments. nothing spectacular

Gabby - 7 - worked hard, points for the goal

Carew - 6.5 - Not in the game second half. Did fine with what he did but not involved too much.

Hmmmm, well that was an odd game to say the least. We really invited Spurs onto us and looked like the away side for a big chunk of the match. I think a draw was a fair result at the end of the day. However, if we had bothered to turn up then we could have got the win. I think this should go down as an opportunity missed. Now they remain three points ahead of us....

One positive is that our defence is good. Despite all of the possession Spurs had, they didn't create too many clear chances. Cuellar and Beye did particularly well.

Oh well, onto the Carling Cup now.

Great first half and defended well for the second but it was really only a matter of time before something happened. I'd agree with Cuellar being MOTM good solid preformance and did well going forward, Young worked really hard, both of them did now i think of it. Heskey looked good when he came on and was unlucky with the header at the end there.

MON cost us yet another game with awful substitutions and tactical naivety. When they were pressing us we should have switched to a 451 with Sidwell/Downing coming on for Carew.

Yet we just let them run us over. What does MON do.. takes off our best CM. Argh.

Cuellar and Beye were awesome. Friedel and Gabby were good.. the rest were shit.