• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell
    • Heskey

Actually, we didn't deserve to win because we didn't perform very well.

You can't deny the defensive performance was absolute top draw.

No, I don't deny that at all. Cuellar got MOM and deservedly so. I just don't think that we deserved to win it over the 90. There were too many occasions that we were last-ditch defending without balancing that out with penetrating attack or even good possession and passing.

MON cost us yet another game with awful substitutions and tactical naivety. When they were pressing us we should have switched to a 451 with Sidwell/Downing coming on for Carew.

Yet we just let them run us over. What does MON do.. takes off our best CM. Argh.

Cuellar and Beye were awesome. Friedel and Gabby were good.. the rest were shit.

We did go to 4-5-1, Milner went central, Gabby went wide. NRC came of as he tweeked something after a shot. Think about it before you slag off MON

2nd half was poor, sat back and think we needed to dominate the midfield so changes earlier on in the game to play 5 in midfield would have been much better.

Cuellar was by far MOTM played excellently. I also thought Beye had a good game even though before I did not rate him.

Whoever is saying we played pretty well did you actually see the same game i watched?

What an absolute load of shite. Utter crap. Predictable play, predictable subs, crap.

I can't believe i have actually sat through and watched that rubbish from start to finish, completley outplayed from start to finish.

No, I don't deny that at all. Cuellar got MOM and deservedly so. I just don't think that we deserved to win it over the 90. There were too many occasions that we were last-ditch defending without balancing that out with penetrating attack or even good possession and passing.

True. Makes me wonder when Downings coming in.

1-1 was fair. We created a lot of opportunities but didn't really turn them into chances. Spurs had plenty of opportunities but couldn't crack our defence.

The ref gave Spurs everything he refused to give us & the Defoe handball was the only real benefit of the doubt he gave us all night.

I have no problem with the Dawson goal but I reckon Assou-Ekoto cleared the ball off the line with his arm just before Gabby scored and a red card there might have changed things (although we'd have missed the penalty!)

Whoever is saying we played pretty well did you actually see the same game i watched?

What an absolute load of shite. Utter crap. Predictable play, predictable subs, crap.

I can't believe i have actually sat through and watched that rubbish from start to finish, completley outplayed from start to finish.

Short memory. First half we were the better team. Deserved the lead.

I thought we battled hard, and defending brilliantly, but for me, the main low, was what has hurt us all season. Our wingers.

Our team is set up to counter attack and build a solid ase and let our two wingers create the chances whilst the back 4 and central 2 stay solid.

Milner works hard, but has to drop back to much its hard for him. Young is so low of form and confidence it is us true but he stays on the pitch for his set pieces, which I agree with, but it is frustrating to see hi play so poorly again.

Solid point, ok first half and good to see Beye and Cueller defend so brilliantly, but roll on Downing being fit so Young can take a rest and come back stronger.

Kind of as i expected really and a familiar performance from us. We played some decent football in patches of the first half and got a goal but didn't really capitalise on the number of corners we got. Yet again an outstanding backs to the wall performance from our defenders, especially Cuellar, but from about 35 minutes on we were just dominated in midfield. Probably the best compliment i can say is we were hard to breakdown and played well off the ball, offensively on the ball however we were poor yet again. We seem to spend so much time chasing the ball that when we get the ball we just dont know what to do with it and so just punt it up field. There is a distinct lack of link up play and cohesive movement as a unit when we get the ball in midfield and a lot of the time today we had some great individual runs etc., that just ended up resulting in nothing but giving the ball away because of the lack of support play and players moving in to space to pass to.

It was a lucky, but deserved because of our defensive performance, draw IMO. I just wonder how much longer though our defense can carry on carrying the rest of our team with performances like this.

Credit to Spurs as well, they showed that they are a very good team going forward but i always felt as though they were vunerable at the back and there were chances there for the making.

Well ....

Typical Villa at the moment if I may say so: score from a set piece (a scrappy goal in this case), then sit back, defend well, well-organised and hope to hit on the counter ... it ain't pretty, but it's often effective.

Spurs deserved to win, but didn't. All in all I'm happy enough with a point since Villa away is a tough fixture. We stay in 4th and at least preserve the gap between us and Villa. Plus you still have to come to WHL, where I think we'll win if - a big IF - both teams play at today's performance levels.

jezus, i'd be spewing if i were you not to have taken all three points! much as i dislike old 'arry, he has got you playing well, moving the ball around quickly and always creating openings unlike our predictable one pace long ball rubbish. we will get enough results over a season playing that way for it to be deemed relatively successful but i would much rather be watching a team playing the way spurs are at the moment every week.

I think some people are being OTT.

Remember Spurs attacking players are on fire, Lennon and Defoe especially. Had we really gone at them and left gaps it could of been disasterous. I mean when Lennon did get one on one with Young, he looked very dangerous, luckily in the first half that happened about 0 times because of great work.

Still though, subs need to be made earlier and less obvious one's. When they took Palacios off, that was a chance for us to then get the ball down ourselves and play it around Spurs, like bring Downing/Delph on for Carew but it never happened.

First half we were just as bad. We created nothing what so ever, i watched it on telly so maybe part of my view point is coming from there. But IMO We were lucky not to have 9 past us today.

a truly embarrassing performance.

I thought we were supposed to be on the same level as spurs? On that showing we're several leagues below.

Oneill out - anyone, I don't care who in - honestly. We're jammying it so far, barely any good performances this season bar three - we've had no injry crises, we've not been idstracted by europe as we managed to **** that one up early on anyway... quality of football by contrast to our rivals is just disgusting.

We were bloody lucky again today.

**** that shit.

First half we were just as bad. We created nothing what so ever, i watched it on telly so maybe part of my view point is coming from there. But IMO We were lucky not to have 9 past us today.

Errr how many chances did Spurs have in the first half? We didn't create much at all but nor did they in the first half and we played decent stuff in the first half.

Well ....

Typical Villa at the moment if I may say so: score from a set piece (a scrappy goal in this case), then sit back, defend well, well-organised and hope to hit on the counter ... it ain't pretty, but it's often effective.

Spurs deserved to win, but didn't. All in all I'm happy enough with a point since Villa away is a tough fixture. We stay in 4th and at least preserve the gap between us and Villa. Plus you still have to come to WHL, where I think we'll win if - a big IF - both teams play at today's performance levels.

I don't agree with that, even neutrals are saying it was a game of two halves. We derserved our lead going into half-time and it was only until around the 55/60 minute mark Spurs starting piling on the pressure and making us look poor. The sub from 'Arry taking off Palacios and replacing him with Jenas was a good move and showed Spurs wanted to come out and attack and putting us under pressure which you did; it's just a shame our manager showed clear negativity bringing on Sidwell (who did nothing again I may add)... why oh why didn't he bring on Downing and just play a 4-5-1 if he was so worried about sticking with a 4-4-2. It's no surprise though, O'Neill keeps making this mistake not wanting to put on a player who can influence the game. You can't win football matches playing negative football and constantly defending... even more, you can't win football matches if you don't create any chances either which we failed to do in the second-half

Hopefully, I think O'Neill's mind is made up about Sidwell though... he's just shocking and when he came on we were just letting Spurs play football and because of the burden of Sidwell, it really did feel playing with 10-men.

OK-ish result but we've got to beat Hull next week, no excuses.

P.S. Dowd was shocking today. Extremely biased giving Spurs everything their way for very petty things.

We are on track for top 4, but had a poor second half, though the Spurs attackers are in superb form atm and with extremely high confidence. Show that our defence are among the top in the league.

Happy with Beye, Cuellar, L. Young and Milner.

Very unhappy with Reo Coker, Petrov and A. Young. There obviously a reason why we can't hold on to the ball, and those three let us down in the start of the second half and made it difficult for us.

And Dowd is always reffing against Carew. Every **** match.