General Chat

Stevo985

Cheers mate, puts things in perspective....watching it unfold was really reminiscent of the scenes in 2012...hideous. The rivers have peaked, and will take 2-3 days to subside....then the hard work starts.

Massive floods have devastated Brisbane and the greater south east queensland region. We are truly ****. Hy home is on high ground, but my business underwater. This will take years to fix. Worse still, 13 are dead, and almost 100 missing.

Hope you can pick the pieces up quickly mate.

News here says the peak of the current deluge has passed, but there's no guarantee that the showers will stop.

Was chatting to a Kiwi whose house had been destroyed by earthquakes recently.

Crazy stuff going on down there.

Massive floods have devastated Brisbane and the greater south east queensland region. We are truly ****. Hy home is on high ground, but my business underwater. This will take years to fix. Worse still, 13 are dead, and almost 100 missing.

Just awful watching it. So sorry for you & everyone out there. Cumbria had it bad a couple of times over the last few years but this is on a huge scale.

Brazil is suffering too loads dead there as well.

Best wishes to you, that's got to be just awful to deal with. Hope everyone can stay safe down there.

This is the view from where my brother is at the moment (he's a fair bit south of you):

img1332a.jpg

Good luck. :thumb:

The plan for the day is me staying up til maybe 7 or 8pm to regulate my sleeping pattern. It'll mean 24 hours awake, but I've got loads of House to watch and I might even take a shower and leave my apartment

Best of luck Banger. Tewkesbury was hit badly by big floods in 2007 and Cumbria was as well not too long ago.

This is another scale though. Best of luck. And I hope. I think only 4 or 5 died in the '07 floods near us, we had nowhere near the missing total though. Stay safe pal.

Sun up. 12 hours to go

Things to do today:

Buy Lucozade Sport

Collect dole

Actively seek work...

Buy heart rate monitor

Cardio X?

Buy FIFA World Cup 10

Wash dishes and clean living room.

Drink coffee, watch House, play xbox

Check VT

Got my CIMA results today....passed all 3 exams. Woop!!

Nearly fully qualified :D

Well done :thumb:

Will you be getting a big fat payrise then mate?

Well I think it's pretty standard that once you have CIMA you get put forward for D grade jobs, so potentially yes!

Well done Stevo!

I'm presuming you've done CIPS and all that?

CIPS is a purchasing and supply qualification isn't it?

Mine's management accounting, so not really related.

I just got a degree and then straight onto CIMA. I think if you don't have a degree then you have to do an AAT course first.

Got my CIMA results today....passed all 3 exams. Woop!!

Nearly fully qualified :D

Well done you!

I used to love the costings calculations. Good to see that UK Manufacturing is making a bit of a comeback & your services are in demand!

Hope you can pick the pieces up quickly mate.

News here says the peak of the current deluge has passed, but there's no guarantee that the showers will stop.

Was chatting to a Kiwi whose house had been destroyed by earthquakes recently.

Crazy stuff going on down there.

If you look on the Pacific Ring of Fire, above NZ is Vanuatu (& Fiji, Tonga etc) in the Pacific South Seas. Vanuatu area has suffered massive earthquakes there on that fault line almost on a daily basis. A 7.4 recently & regulary +5 & +6.

Putting aside the arguments over global warming & the conspiracy theories of HAARP like weapons being tested causing the jet streams to shift, earthquakes, birds dying et al....

I wondered whether the 10% pole shift might be the cause of all the extreme weather we're seeing across the globe? - Not forgetting the terrible droughts Russia experienced last year etc etc

Â