General Chat

Stevo985

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Bit off topic, but Argos is better than Amazon these days, IMO.

It definitely is if you have an Argos nearby and you're in a hurry. I can purchase online from Amazon and have my stuff the next day. Or purchase online from Argos, get in the car and have it in ten minutes. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It definitely is if you have an Argos nearby and you're in a hurry. I can purchase online from Amazon and have my stuff the next day. Or purchase online from Argos, get in the car and have it in ten minutes. 

Question:

Are the Argos branches in Sainsbury's shops as well-stocked as the stand-alone Argos stores?

18 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Question:

Are the Argos branches in Sainsbury's shops as well-stocked as the stand-alone Argos stores?

They aren't stocked. It's just a delivery point. you order, it gets sent there, you pick it up

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I use Amazon almost daily and have had zero issues in several years. Their customer service is second to none too.

Are you talking Amazon or third party through Amazon. I think people above are talking about third parties selling through Amazon

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Are you talking Amazon or third party through Amazon. I think people above are talking about third parties selling through Amazon

Both tbh. I’ve never really had an issue. A couple of times when I’ve bought something off a third party (like an electric toothbrush) it broke after more than a year and Amazon still gave me a refund even though it was a third party seller and over 12 months old.

I like that if I return something they give me a refund minutes after I hand over the package to the courier, not when they’ve got it back and inspected it.

10 years ago I used to buy loads of stuff from eBay but as others has said, that’s like the wild west now but without any decent customer care.

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

They aren't stocked. It's just a delivery point. you order, it gets sent there, you pick it up

Still a fair question, though. My nearest Argos is a full-size store, but I always check availability, as it may mean the difference between having it now, and waiting for it to rock up from another warehouse. 

• Like 2

In frankfurt Airport, going to Poland so don't need a passport so I'm in a different part than usual which is weird enough but they've got new scanners, didn't have to take anything out of my bag, don't have to put toiletries in a plastic bag any of that, was pretty good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Mine isn't. They have loads of stock. Closed the full Argos store in Shirley which was almost next door.

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In frankfurt Airport, going to Poland so don't need a passport so I'm in a different part than usual which is weird enough but they've got new scanners, didn't have to take anything out of my bag, don't have to put toiletries in a plastic bag any of that, was pretty good

All airports in the UK are to have them by next summer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mine isn't. They have loads of stock. Closed the full Argos store in Shirley which was almost next door.

Most of them are just pick up your deliveries from the ciggie counter jobs, maybe some aren't

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I saw Stansted (?) were getting a special liquid scanner that meant the 100ml stuff would stop it sure if that's true too

Yes I'll be able to bring back a load of DIPAs in my hand luggage!

Edited by fightoffyour

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Most of them are just pick up your deliveries from the ciggie counter jobs, maybe some aren't

I was working at Sainsburys when they were putting the Argos in, it did have shelves that went quite a long way back yet whenever I try to check stock of something there is **** all.  It wouldn't surprise me if they don't bother having any stock these days just use it as a click and collect thing, even if there is a fair bit of storage.  Do they even do catalogues these days?

Â