General Chat

Stevo985

I think it all depends on which military it is based on. If its North Korea for example I'd book a few days off work.

Well its probably based on the Irish military so I might just book a few days off work anyway to cope with the Hangover! I fully expect endurance shot rounds!!!! :lol:

It's my 26th wedding anniversary on Wednesday and Villa are playing Blackburn. I'll make it up to her at the weekend.

After 26 years I am pretty sure she expects this.

It's my 26th wedding anniversary on Wednesday and Villa are playing Blackburn. I'll make it up to her at the weekend.

Just tell her you cant celebrate properly during the week so you will leave it to the weekend to make a good night of it!!! :winkold:

Anyone tried a low carb diet like atkins? I've been reading up on them and the science behind it is pretty solid (as opposed to most low fat diets) Most of the health scares are debunked, and it seems our bodies work better in low carb mode (for example your heart is 30% more efficient under ketosis).

Anyone tried a low carb diet like atkins? I've been reading up on them and the science behind it is pretty solid (as opposed to most low fat diets) Most of the health scares are debunked, and it seems our bodies work better in low carb mode (for example your heart is 30% more efficient under ketosis).

Low carbs = good

No carbs (i.e. atkins) = baaaaaaad

By all means cut down on your carbs and eat more protein. But cutting your carbs out altogether isn't great.

It'll work, really well. but it's not good for you and it's very easy to put it all back on again.

Low carbs = good

By all means cut down on your carbs and eat more protein. But cutting your carbs out altogether isn't great.

It'll work, really well. but it's not good for you and it's very easy to put it all back on again.

Why is it bad though?

From what I've read there's not really any evidence that it is bad, and many studies have actually shown a ketogenic diet (which is what atkins is) has benefits for cholesterol. High carb diets are generally high in fructose, which has been shown to raise cholesterol.

I'm just not seeing anything that makes it bad, the idea that it causes cardiovascular disease has been debunked, that it stressed the liver and kidneys has been debunked, and that it reduced bone mass has been debunked, so what's actually left?

There's many reasons for carbs being damaging to the body though.

As for putting it back on, that'd surely depend how you go about after losing it, something like this is a lifestyle choice, so after you've lost the weight you want it's all about bringing in carbs to a maintenance level, rather than going back to the amount that made you fat in the first place?

Cobnuts are just hazelnuts aren't they?

You're right they are apparently a cultivated version of hazelnuts

I didn't know until you said Mike..... I'd just Googled what to do with them!

Cob nuts

Hazelnuts are normally round & taste different to me raw & roasted!!.....Cobnuts are shaped more like almonds.

It would just be gross eating nothing but protein all the time and keeping up with any diet is more effort than it's worth.

Just eat what you feel like and do some excercise.

Easier said than done though.

if I ate what i felt like I'd have to do a marathon a day to keep weight off.

Low carbs = good

Why is it bad though?

From what I've read there's not really any evidence that it is bad, and many studies have actually shown a ketogenic diet (which is what atkins is) has benefits for cholesterol. High carb diets are generally high in fructose, which has been shown to raise cholesterol.

I'm just not seeing anything that makes it bad, the idea that it causes cardiovascular disease has been debunked, that it stressed the liver and kidneys has been debunked, and that it reduced bone mass has been debunked, so what's actually left?

As for putting it back on, that'd surely depend how you go about after losing it, something like this is a lifestyle choice, so after you've lost the weight you want it's all about bringing in carbs to a maintenance level, rather than going back to the amount that made you fat in the first place?

Done properly there's not much wrong with it. it's still very easy to put it back on afterwards, but health wise it's ok. And if you weigh 30 stone, losing weight via having no carbs, no matter how unhealthy, is still healthier than being a big fat ****.

But when people hear "eat no carbs" they usually substitute it with unhealthy, but carbless, food.

Low carbs = good

Why is it bad though?

Done properly there's not much wrong with it. it's still very easy to put it back on afterwards, but health wise it's ok. And if you weigh 30 stone, losing weight via having no carbs, no matter how unhealthy, is still healthier than being a big fat ****.

But when people hear "eat no carbs" they usually substitute it with unhealthy, but carbless, food.

You mean I can't have a full english 3 times a day? ;)

Actually that wouldn't even be no carb due to our countries inability to make a sausage that's not full of damn rusk!

Â