General Chat

Stevo985

I remember in my college days ...a housemate had a peugeot and the car stank of fish ..like he was after smashing the box of an unwashed prostitute the night before 

turned out to be an electrical fault giving the smell

It's all relative Levi :)

It's classifications in the anglophone world are compact (North America) and small family car. Not a leap from either to tiny.

Of course, there was a day when the Oldsmobile Cutlass

Olds-F85-64.jpg

...was classed as a midsize car (for reference, my 1993 Cadillac is shorter but slightly heavier)

Edited by leviramsey

I'm calling Godwins...

I'm tempted to read through the entire thread and see how many times the Nazis are mentioned. Tempted, but I probably won't.

DEFINITELY won't.

Call it and I'll call VillaAjax's law.

People who abuse Godwins. Yeah I know, wrong thread :D Godwins is the inappropriate use of the nazis in a discussion. As VW were actually formed by the Nazis and it's the reason Ajax won't drive one, this is a fairly appropriate reference to them.

• Like 1

The jeep was far more nimble but slightly more fragile when being shot at.

I'll go for the Kubelwagen seeing as there's a great picture of my Grandad sitting on the bonnet of one with his Luftwaffe mates.

how the merry **** did the yanks get away with ripping off our wonderful innovative Land Rover design?

The first Willys MB Jeeps were produced in 1941 with the first civilian models in 1945, making it the oldest off-road vehicle and sport utility vehicle (SUV) brand. It inspired a number of other light utility vehicles, such as the Land Rover.

Jeep = 1941

Land Rover = 1948

Edited by mjmooney

how the merry **** did the yanks get away with ripping off our wonderful innovative Land Rover design?

The first Willys MB Jeeps were produced in 1941 with the first civilian models in 1945, making it the oldest off-road vehicle and sport utility vehicle (SUV) brand. It inspired a number of other light utility vehicles, such as the Land Rover.

Jeep = 1941

Land Rover = 1948

come on, you know I knew that

I know you know I know and this is just a device to educate the shitforbrains under 30's kids of today on this forum

Can I overdoes on antihistamines?

Yeah. There's post of mine about it somewhere. I'm not doing it a third time. :)

Here's one.

i don't believe you can. 

i suffer from various major allergies, and regularly take 2-3 different anti-histamines in a day, especially as 1 on its own doesn't always work.

(obviously, i'm talking about the non-drowsy ones, if you take too much of the drowsy ones i would assume you'll fall asleep!)

So 5 1/2 years for Jeremy Forrest

bonkers decision or the correct one ?

I think it's a bit steep. He's not a paedophile and not a child abuser. He abused a position of power and exploited the girl and that is unacceptable. Running away with her was born ur of fear but such a bad idea. Definitely worth a prison sentence, but maybe not 5.5 years.

Really good article on it here though. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-forrest-girl-arent-romeo-1974467

Â