General Chat

Stevo985

wtf is with these tv license fees?!?!?!?

it pays for the BBC, you know that broadcasting marvel you Americans really wish you had, think of it as a subscription for quality TV, Radio, Internet. In terms of a media subscription I don't think theres better value for money anywhere

The New Director General and his new apparent agenda is beginning to **** me right off though

Sooo villadude, I don;t live in B6, he did it on purpose and killed himself and his children???

I don't live in B6 either, I live in Worcester,

As in WUSTER, not WOR-CESTER, like most Yanks like to pronounce it. :winkold:

Not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_S43tPbouo*... ;)

Second-best comedian from wormtown (though the best who didn't rip off Bill Hicks)... though there's not really a Worcester accent there... the best way to describe a true Worcester accent is imagine a combination between Long Island and

accents**:

*: though I'm not sure whether anybody in that video has apple pie for breakfast

**: for ClaretMahoney, go west from the most populous Worcester and next thing you know you're in (not the most populous) Leicester. Though I must admit that not every town in Worcester County is pronounced properly, though.

Those letters are just generated automatically, chances they'll come round (especially in a one horse town like Aber) are **** slim. If by some miracle some idiot has persuaded his boss that it might be worth their while to visit on a jolly (hardly likely Aber being as dull as shit in winter), simply don't let them in, they don't have the authority to enter your house without a warrant and a copper in attendance and you've gone nowhere near down that line yet also

(But if they ever do get that far, merely having a TV or even an internet connected computer is sufficient these days for prosecution)

But I reckon by the time they get that far, it'll be a different academic year and you'll live somewhere else

Worst thing you did though? Answered the letter, that alerted them to the fact that someone actually did live there

I just ignore them. I find some humour in how far they go to appear threatening without actually saying anything threatening. Whoever writes them must have a degree in the subtle use of the word 'if'.

The person who rang was my housemate's girlfriend, funny thing is they class each room as a seperate person... including the kitchen which is also registered as a common room/living room. Receiving a letter addressed to 'THE OCCUPIER: COMMON ROOM' etc etc gives me a slight boost whenever I pick one up of a morning.

Anywho... tomorrow ~I ahve to type out 3500 word pretending I've read lots. MY mate has decided to shove it, it's unmarked and seems just like they want to give us work to ensure we do work. I'm going to attempt to knock it out, with a lot of blagging. **** useless bits of work, idiocy.

Also, I spent a good couple of hours speaking to an Irish girl tonight, who had some interesting ideas on Welsh culture, but also did one of those things that often gets me for some reason - had a name I'd never heard before. Rosheen (undoubtedly spelt wrong). Never ever heard the name before. No idea but when I hear a name I'm unused to it puts me off a bit, slightly like you don't know the person quite as well as might have.

Odd.

Also, I spent a good couple of hours speaking to an Irish girl tonight, who had some interesting ideas on Welsh culture, but also did one of those things that often gets me for some reason - had a name I'd never heard before. Rosheen (undoubtedly spelt wrong). Never ever heard the name before. No idea but when I hear a name I'm unused to it puts me off a bit, slightly like you don't know the person quite as well as might have.

Odd.

Yeah.. that is odd.

Roisin would be the name, for the record.

Odd.

Yeah.. that is odd.

and finicky, for the record! i think i'm the opposite tbf i like the exotic names, seem unknown and new

I'm also waiting on my first electricity bill having been here 4/5 months. Nothing can touch me.

I see your 4/5 months and raise your nearly 2 years. :shock: :lol:

apartment blocks for the loss/win (delete as applicable).

Sooo villadude, I don;t live in B6, he did it on purpose and killed himself and his children???

I don't live in B6 either, I live in Worcester,

As in WUSTER, not WOR-CESTER, like most Yanks like to pronounce it. :winkold:

That's so retarded that it's pronounced different then it looks. Much like Leicester. Yet you give us shit when we spell color with a U.

I can't believe I'm getting in here before Rob and Mike Mooney.

Claret, we object to the spelling of colour without the U, not to mention the abomination you make of through

:winkold: :winkold:

I'm back in the UK.

S'abit depressing really.

Oh come ON! You've been moaning nonstop about how you couldn't stand the hot weather in Oz, now you're back in cold, damp UK you should be enjoying it.

Odd.

Yeah.. that is odd.

I once knew a Roisin, she hated me, I was the best man at her wedding, I ruined it apparently. Miserable bitch she was

Pelle, all I did was tell her she'd arrived at the church too early. She had. at least 20 mins early!!! Half the guests weren't there even, nor the groom (he was helping his aged Aunt get there), but no the idiot woman sees me talking to the grooms identical twin (not that identical, only one wore glasses) outside and thinks that her husband to be is having second thoughts.

This was apparently all my fault and I ruined her big day. The priest who didn't manage to get her husbands name right once during the ceremony (I'm not even sure if he called him the same name twice) didn't ruin it, I did.

My fault, I hold me hands up.............

If I was going to be early I'd make the driver (of a car we'd paid no doubt through the roof for, no pun intended) drive me the long way round. We would get our money's worth and the groom would sweat, thus exercising my woman's prerogative to be late - win-win.

Pelle, all I did was tell her she'd arrived at the church too early. She had. at least 20 mins early!!! Half the guests weren't there even, nor the groom (he was helping his aged Aunt get there), but no the idiot woman sees me talking to the grooms identical twin (not that identical, only one wore glasses) outside and thinks that her husband to be is having second thoughts.

This was apparently all my fault and I ruined her big day. The priest who didn't manage to get her husbands name right once during the ceremony (I'm not even sure if he called him the same name twice) didn't ruin it, I did.

My fault, I hold me hands up.............

What can I say? This woman seems to have some issues. :? FWIW, you should probably have done something even worse so she had something real to complain about which could at least joy. :nod:

Â