General Chat

Stevo985

The thing that has been keeping me busy the last couple of years has now gone public... all new Range Rover...

SNA15M01Q--620_1566421a.jpg

Rangie claim their fourth generation flagship is lighter, stronger, more refined and the most luxurious model yet.

It’s the world’s first SUV with a revolutionary lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure — almost 40 per cent lighter than the previous steel body — making the final car weigh 420kg less.

That will mean crucial savings on CO2 emissions and make it more economical — this new Rangie could deliver around 35mpg. It will also make it a far more agile 4x4 to drive on the road.

John Edwards, Land Rover Global Brand Director, said: “The new Range Rover preserves the essential, unique character of the vehicle — that special blend of luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability.

“However, its clean sheet design and revolutionary lightweight construction have enabled us to transform the experience with a step change in comfort, refinement and handling.”

The new design is top class. Design Director Gerry McGovern has done a great job of upping the prestigious look but keeping it instantly recognisable as a Range Rover.

McGovern said: “Our design team worked incredibly hard to capture the elegant proportions which have been a feature of the best Range Rover designs.”

There’s an bulging list of other headline upgrades for when it goes on sale in September, with first deliveries in January.

It’s also 40mm longer than the old model — a vital improvement on the current model’s Achilles Heel, the lack of rear passenger space.

This is the world’s ultimate SUV — and it gets the technology to back that up.

The pioneering all-terrain response system, which allows you to change the suspension settings to cope with extreme conditions at the touch of a button, has now been fully automated.

But, as you’d expect, all this won’t come cheap. Prices are likely to start around £70,000 rising to over £100,000 for the all-singing, all-dancing version.

That’s expensive but this is the best all-round luxury car in the world — and will be worth every single penny.

Link

In before the "it looks shit" comments! :D

18 months of my life in that car as well. Glad to see it finally coming to fruition. Although to be honest I'm looking forward to the Sport more. I think it's a much better looking car.

The thing that has been keeping me busy the last couple of years has now gone public... all new Range Rover...

SNA15M01Q--620_1566421a.jpg

It’s also 40mm longer than the old model — a vital improvement on the current model’s Achilles Heel, the lack of rear passenger space.

Looks really good. Far far better than that stupid squashed Freelander thing. I like.

BUT the above quote. What. The. ****. Seriously? You've made the car 2inches longer and you are claiming to have cured the Achilles Heel of rear passenger space.

**** off you marketing knobler.

Eames, from a business perspective you could NOT be more wrong.

2 inches extra leg room in China, the fastest growing market, is a massive deal. I'm deadly serious.

I'm not disputing the usefulness of more space, but to trump the legroom benefit quite as much as has been done seems really daft. If it was 20" I would be celebrating with you but 2?

I know they're all likkle over there but seriously? Notwithstanding the fact that a slight change to the angle of the rear seats would completely negate the improvement in legroom anyway.

Even airlines offer you more than 2" extra. when skinning you for "Premium Economy" seats or above.

Anyway, enough talk of additional 2 inches. Its making me feel inadequate.

Its a lovely car, and I love Landy very very much. (would still buy a Disco with the ££ though! :razz:

2 inches extra leg room in China, the fastest growing market, is a massive deal. I'm deadly serious.

I'm not disputing the usefulness of more space, but to trump the legroom benefit quite as much as has been done seems really daft. If it was 20" I would be celebrating with you but 2?

I know they're all likkle over there but seriously? Notwithstanding the fact that a slight change to the angle of the rear seats would completely negate the improvement in legroom anyway.

Even airlines offer you more than 2" extra. when skinning you for "Premium Economy" seats or above.

Its a lovely car, and I love Landy very very much. (would still buy a Disco with the ££ though! :razz:

Yeah but in China, everyone who can afford a Range is chauffeur driven. So any extra leg room you can give them is a huge benefit.

In terms of car sales in China, that leg room really was an Achilles heel. Ok 2 inches isn't a lot, but if it's the difference between your knees hitting the seat in front and them not hitting the seat in front (which it is for the average male), then it's massive.

Plus, even more leg room will be available at a later date, although I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk about that.

Yeah but in China, everyone who can afford a Range is chauffeur driven. So any extra leg room you can give them is a huge benefit.

In terms of car sales in China, that leg room really was an Achilles heel. Ok 2 inches isn't a lot, but if it's the difference between your knees hitting the seat in front and them not hitting the seat in front (which it is for the average male), then it's massive.

Plus, even more leg room will be available at a later date, although I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk about that.

Hadn't thought of it from that pov - but a "Stretch Range?" :detect: hmmm.... where I live thats a horse box!

:TallyHo:

I do agree that marketing that extra 2 inches in that way is a bit of a stretch (no pun intended. That's a lie, I intended it) as it sounds a bit silly. From a business perespective it's pretty accurate though. All the feedback we get from China is that there isn't enough leg room

I do agree that marketing that extra 2 inches in that way is a bit of a stretch (no pun intended. That's a lie, I intended it) as it sounds a bit silly. From a business perespective it's pretty accurate though. All the feedback we get from China is that there isn't enough leg room

Oh the Irony..... :lol:

Thinking of taking my other half somewhere for a winter weekend break later on in the year. Ideally would quite like to go somewhere in the Alps, the type of place which would have a good christmas market and is fairly easily accessed from the UK.

At the moment I'm thinking Salzburg or Chamonix, but if anyone has any ideas they'd very much be appreciated.

Thinking of taking my other half somewhere for a winter weekend break later on in the year. Ideally would quite like to go somewhere in the Alps, the type of place which would have a good christmas market and is fairly easily accessed from the UK.

At the moment I'm thinking Salzburg or Chamonix, but if anyone has any ideas they'd very much be appreciated.

There used to be some quite inexpensive flights from Cov to Salzburg - don't know if they're still happening.

I went to visit a friend elsewhere in Austria a couple of decembers ago, stayed in Salzburg for the last night before the flight back and it was a very pleasant place to wander around, get a bit of food and so on. Absolutely packed, mind you.

Popping to the cinema tomorrow night to see the new Bourne film. I'm going with a mate from work who is gay and now people in the office are saying things. People are really sad if they think someone can't hang out with a gay person unless they are themself...

Popping to the cinema tomorrow night to see the new Bourne film. I'm going with a mate from work who is gay and now people in the office are saying things. People are really sad if they think someone can't hang out with a gay person unless they are themself...

Settle down gay boy

make sure you hold the popcorn :lol:

Â