General Chat

Stevo985

To be honest BOF, they're rarely good. I'm talking Tescos special Piri Piri chicken with Jalapenos. Though a really good Romana Pizza with anchovies & capers is the food of the kings.

I love anchovies but I've never had a pizza with them on that hasnt made me feel sick yet.

Very emotional last day at work yesterday.

The kids made us feel so special, must of been photographed a 1000 times. Got loads of heartfelt goodbye letters and broke a few teenage girls hearts at the end. Struggled to hold it together myself.

Never think I will find a school like that again, but luckily our friends took our jobs so we have a foot back in. The boss wants us to come back one day.

Off to Vietnam on Wednesday, got so much shit to sort. Arrrgh!

Just put in my first ever offer on a house. Fully expect to be rejected, and have got plenty room to negotiate up but I'm still shaking more than Michael J. Fox in an earthquake.

Just put in my first ever offer on a house. Fully expect to be rejected, and have got plenty room to negotiate up but I'm still shaking more than Michael J. Fox in an earthquake.

Realisitcally if your first offer is accepted you've done it wrong (gone in too high)... I think the general plan is offer 1 rejected, offer 2 rejected but given a offer that would be accepted. Go a bit below that... BINGO!

Sounds about right.

Just remember to leave it a while if (when) they reject your first one.

If you immediately up it by a couple of grand they'll know you're playing. You want to make it sound like you really are having to go away and work out the finances before you reluctantly increase your offer.

If you're the only one offering you're in a good position.

Once you get close to their offer, so for example if you offer 130k and they say "we can't go lower than 132K", then just politely say you won't be making another offer as 130 is the absolute highest you can go.

If they really want to sell, then chances are they'll be the ones who come back to you to accept your 130, or make a better offer at least. If they don't then there's nothing stopping you upping your offer anyway.

The agent will probably be on your side too, as all he wants is to sell the house.

Sounds about right.

Just remember to leave it a while if (when) they reject your first one.

If you immediately up it by a couple of grand they'll know you're playing. You want to make it sound like you really are having to go away and work out the finances before you reluctantly increase your offer.

If you're the only one offering you're in a good position.

Once you get close to their offer, so for example if you offer 130k and they say "we can't go lower than 132K", then just politely say you won't be making another offer as 130 is the absolute highest you can go.

If they really want to sell, then chances are they'll be the ones who come back to you to accept your 130, or make a better offer at least. If they don't then there's nothing stopping you upping your offer anyway.

The agent will probably be on your side too, as all he wants is to sell the house.

though that depends on the local market, and whether anyone else is also interested in the house. Its a dangerous game to play in popular areas, or if the house has just come on the market and its one of those houses that will get snapped up the second someone see's it.

Only you the potential buyer will know how much you love a house, and if its a house you absolutely love, then don't end up losing the house over a few grand.

Was going to start a new topic, but I thought I would stick it here instead. Have you ever had problems with your current girlfriends ex. For example he wants her back but she aint interested. he keeps on harassing her, texting, calling etc. What happened? And how did you deal with the situation and him?

Was going to start a new topic, but I thought I would stick it here instead. Have you ever had problems with your current girlfriends ex. For example he wants her back but she aint interested. he keeps on harassing her, texting, calling etc. What happened? And how did you deal with the situation and him?

How long have you been with the missus?

Nope, he was more than happy to get shot of her. I should have suspected at the time that she was a duff 'un, he didn't leave his number or have any paper work or anything. Now I'm stuck, I can't shift it.

Only a few weeks. Not long.

Voinjama, don't get involved.

Tell you rmissus that you don't like him harassing her (although I'm sure that's obvious) but it's her problem, she should deal with it.

if he starts messaging you or involving you then by all means fight your corner.

but don't wade into the battle. It could just make you look like a dick, and worst case scenario it might make your missus see a side of you sje doesn't like.

Only a few weeks. Not long.

Is he bigger than you? And do you have any martial arts or boxing training?

Failing that, do you have access to a big stick or a golf club? If not, ive got an old 6 iron you can borrow if you like...it needs a new grip but should be ok.

Realisitcally if your first offer is accepted you've done it wrong (gone in too high)... I think the general plan is offer 1 rejected, offer 2 rejected but given a offer that would be accepted. Go a bit below that... BINGO!

Cheers chaps. Well, it's on the market for £139950 and my first offer was £126k, we could probably go as high as £130k. Apparently the owner needs to sell as his salary's just been halved and he can't afford to keep the place. It would need some cosmetic work but nothing serious, but as it's a place we'd never need to upsize from, we'd happily just do it up over time.

Ironically enough, this isn't the house we were originally viewing on Saturday, that got sold before we could go back for a second look so we went to see this place instead and quite liked it. Funny old game, innit.

Voinjama, don't get involved.

Tell you rmissus that you don't like him harassing her (although I'm sure that's obvious) but it's her problem, she should deal with it.

if he starts messaging you or involving you then by all means fight your corner.

but don't wade into the battle. It could just make you look like a dick, and worst case scenario it might make your missus see a side of you sje doesn't like.

This.

He's obviously not over her yet, I'd imagine it would stop after a few more weeks. If not...Wiggy's golf clubs.

In the mean time, I'd try and convince your missus to not reply in anyway, he'll get bored eventually.

Â