General Chat

Stevo985

As somebody born in 1979, I enjoyed this. Found it fairly easy, only struggled with one or two.

TyW6m.jpg

There are a couple where you could be an asshole about the exact names of the movies, I and R especially, but its kinda pointless for a fun quiz.

Airplan

Back to the Future

Coming to America

Dirty Dancing

ET

Flight of the Navigator

Ghostbusters

Honey I Shrunk the Kids

Indiana Jones

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Karate Kid

Labyrinth

Mannequin

Nightmare on Elm Street

Octopussy

Princess Bride

???????

Rambo

Short Circuit

Teen Wolf

Untouchables

???????

Weird Science

Xanadu? (only film being with X I can think of)

???????

???????

Youngblood, which I believe is the first film I ever saw a set of top bollocks in. Bloody nice the were too.

Fred Savage was in "V". And they seem to remake it every five years with a different title. Oh, and its not very good.

Just watching Soccer AM, Canadian comedian is on and says hes a big spurs fan. Said he thinks Spurs have a shot at the title but then said "if they win the league or not one thing is for sure... Harry Redknap will make some money off the back of it" :crylaugh: Followed by awkward moment from the presenters :D

Looks like the weather is shitter in London than I first thought. From Facebook:

1SMjl.jpg

54sEu.jpg

The guy who took the picture owns the house. He doesnt own the car. :lol:

Anyone had experience dealing with issues/problems through Amazon sellers? Bought a DVD for the missus for Xmas from a seller, I suspect the disc is a copy but regardless it is defective as it skips repeatedly. Went on to Amazon, contacted the seller (see below) and raised one of those "Amazon A-to-z" cases but this is the first time I've had to do this through Amazon (normally stick to eBay/PayPal but this was paid with by card).

Anywho, this is what I sent to the seller...

Good afternoon,

I purchased the above DVD (Casanova Complete Series) from yourself as a Christmas present for my partner; upon opening the box yesterday, I immediately noticed that the underside of the disc was blue. This is commonplace amongst copied DVDs as opposed to authentic, original discs (which this item was sold as). There were also no serial numbers printed on the underside of the disc as you would expect to find on an authentic DVD.

My suspicions were seemingly confirmed when we attempted to watch the DVD and found it to be defective. I have tested this disc in four separate DVD players (on a standard DVD player, on an Xbox 360 and on two separate DVD-RW drives on both a laptop and a PC) and on each occasion the disc "stuttered" throughout (rendering the program unwatchable), with each player unable to read the media despite the lack of any visible scratches. Again, this behaviour is typical amongst copied DVDs where the discs used are generally of poor quality. To verify that this issue was due to a severe fault with the disc, I ran a lens cleaner kit on all four players prior to re-testing and used a disc cleaning kit on the DVD. The results were the same.

I request that you either refund the total cost of this order or dispatch a legitimate, authentic copy of this DVD as a replacement ASAP. I will raise an "A-to-z Guarantee claim" with Amazon until this issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

If you wish for me to return the disc, I request that you either provide a pre-paid package for me to send the DVD in, alternatively I will obtain a cost of postage and notify you of the amount to be refunded (you will also need to provide a suitable return address). If you do not require the DVD to be returned, please notify me so I can destroy and dispose of it properly.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Gareth Roberts

I suppose it's karmic punishment for buying anything with David Tennant in it, really. :(

PS. One DVD isn't all the missus got for Xmas, I'm not a cheap bastard; I also got her a strawberry flavoured push-pop and some home-made love coupons.

PPS. Unfortunately, I didn't specify that the love coupons were solely for use with me, and she's since done a runner to try and find David Tennant. Concomitantly, I want my money back so I can buy some cyanide capsules for myself. :thumb:

I haven't had an incident like that. But I did have one where I bought from a seller through Amazon and the item (a video game) never turned up.

I contacted Amazon and notified them and I was refunded very quickly.

I assumed Amazon had refunded me themselves and then pursued the issue with the seller as I never had any contact with the seller.

All good in the 'hood. Heard back from the seller with 10 minutes, I think they were more upset than me as they'd sourced the DVDs from a dealer and having confirmed the issue themselves have just refunded the money and will be sending an authentic replacement tomorrow. Even asked permission to use my email above to take their dealer to task. Happy days! 8)

Listening to music with songbird. First up a rammstein song that starts with a whistled piece. The next song was If Love is a Dress from the Pulp Fiction OST, which also starts with a whistled tune. I would be surprised if I have more than 3 songs that start with whistling in my 5000 tune library of music. For 2 of them to play consecutively is hardly a coincidence. Does songbird have a way of analysing the previous song in choosing the following song while on shuffle?

Â