General Chat

Stevo985

Done. Whilst poker cat is cool, I think he should be in the winter comp. Tarmac has clearly understood what the comp organisers were looking for and has organised his shoot accordingly.

Looking at sports clubs to join in my new college. It's my third attempt at doing something with myself after college hours. I usually am very lazy about it and have yet to attend anything I wanted to. This is a new me though. I'm looking at fencing or some sort of martial art. Maybe both. Something at which I and everyone else in the class will be a complete beginner so I don't seem like someone who has spent the last 17 years in front of a computer. Anyone find a hidden gem of a sports club that wouldn't expose me as a deviant and that I'd enjoy.

Looking at sports clubs to join in my new college. It's my third attempt at doing something with myself after college hours. I usually am very lazy about it and have yet to attend anything I wanted to. This is a new me though. I'm looking at fencing or some sort of martial art. Maybe both. Something at which I and everyone else in the class will be a complete beginner so I don't seem like someone who has spent the last 17 years in front of a computer. Anyone find a hidden gem of a sports club that wouldn't expose me as a deviant and that I'd enjoy.

What college are you at? I was part of the Lacrosse team at UCD, everyone starts as beginners in Uni. I would definatly suggest it depending on which college. I have represented Ireland 19 times now after starting in UCD including in the European Championship and World championship, which is pretty insane when i think about it.

That's awesome.

On a related note, and on a tangent from the "things you wonder" thread, I often wonder if I'm incredible at a sport I've never tried.

Like maybe I'm a natural at the polevault, and if I trained I'd be the greatest ever. I've just never tried it.

Or like the example above, maybe I'm the best lacrosse player ever. I just don't know it because i've never tried it

Thanks guys,

It is a little easier playing a less major sport for a fairly small country. Although Ireland are around the 7th/8th rank in the world which includes The Iroquois (native americans who get their own national team out of respect for their sport) They however did not make the Worlds in Manchester due to Iroquois Passports not being accepted by the UK even when America and Hilary Clinton got involved and vouched for them. Was a real shame!

What college are you at? I was part of the Lacrosse team at UCD, everyone starts as beginners in Uni. I would definatly suggest it depending on which college. I have represented Ireland 19 times now after starting in UCD including in the European Championship and World championship, which is pretty insane when i think about it.

Yeah it is UCD. I'll have to give that a look

Thanks guys,

It is a little easier playing a less major sport for a fairly small country. Although Ireland are around the 7th/8th rank in the world which includes The Iroquois (native americans who get their own national team out of respect for their sport) They however did not make the Worlds in Manchester due to Iroquois Passports not being accepted by the UK even when America and Hilary Clinton got involved and vouched for them. Was a real shame!

Wouldn't it have been smart of them to carry US passports too?

On a related note, and on a tangent from the "things you wonder" thread, I often wonder if I'm incredible at a sport I've never tried.

Like maybe I'm a natural at the polevault, and if I trained I'd be the greatest ever. I've just never tried it.

I'm a firm believer in the notion that everyone has one talent, one special ability that may even remain undiscovered for the entirety of their lives but that sets them apart from everyone else in the world at the same thing.

It's just a matter of finding whatever "it" is, and hoping it reaps it's own rewards. For instance, I know full well what mine is; sadly, however, cunnilingus is not a recognised professional sport.

:lol:

I also subscribe genuinely to the idea we all eventually are well predisposed to doing something quite brilliantly.

I know I could well be the most fantastic snooker,cricket and golf player in the world ( it's a sign of ageing that I can no longer feasibly consider football or tennis or olympic gymnast as viable career paths ) but on the other hand I have whiskey a keyboard and the comfiest bed ive ever had in a few years close at hand, so my training motivations have taken something of a hit.

Â